Breaking. Met Police launches investigation into Downing Street parties,

Started by papasmurf, January 25, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 29, 2022, 04:48:06 PM
could cause a bit of a meltdown among the labour luvvies.

If true , as folk are saying what exactly are the polis investigating?

Poor auld keir stammer..........open goal in front of him and blazes over the bar yet again.

With enemies like keir who needs friends.?:D

Labour shadow Brexit secretary Keir Starmer pockets £125,000 from law firm derailing Britain's EU exit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2125612/labour-shadow-brexit-secretary-keir-starmer-pockets-125000-from-law-firm-derailing-britains-eu-exit/
Well every chance it could be,when I was involved with stuff like the offices shops and railway premises act and a lot of other associated legislation none of it applied to Crown property.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 29, 2022, 04:43:22 PM
Good Find
could cause a bit of a meltdown among the labour luvvies.

If true , as folk are saying what exactly are the polis investigating?

Poor auld keir stammer..........open goal in front of him and blazes over the bar yet again.

With enemies like keir who needs friends.?:D

Labour shadow Brexit secretary Keir Starmer pockets £125,000 from law firm derailing Britain's EU exit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2125612/labour-shadow-brexit-secretary-keir-starmer-pockets-125000-from-law-firm-derailing-britains-eu-exit/
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 25, 2022, 11:26:38 AM
They might well have given him, another breathing space. Everyone waiting for Sue Grey, can now wait because no one can discuss this issue now until the police have finished. It has to be a question of why we would not trust the police.? This could have been done weeks ago so another question is why wasn't it?
i know how you are a stickler good old for parliamentary rules and laws.......

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 28, 2022, 04:31:23 PM
Would hose be the subsidies hat produced buter mountains or the ones paid to wealthy landowners to grow buggerr all.
Not exactly. That was in the early days of the market. Once the market organised itself that didn't happen.
I can remember before the the EU  farmers here dumping tons of apples, various fruit, pouring  milk down the drain because it was over produced.
It wasn't new to the EU. The fact is if the producers and the markets are aligned properly then production can be controlled . The fact is that because we have relied on the EU to cover our needs for a wide range of produce ,  our own production will not produce cheap affordable food over a wide range of products , unless the means to do so, is encouraged , it would no longer be a simple case of producing to much milk. and top of the list has to be a really solid well organised system of subsidy that can encourage the wide range of produce that will benefit us.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 28, 2022, 04:07:18 PM
It sounds easy but until our government can come up with  subsidies the equivalent of  those that have held up virtually all food production in Europe, for British producers across the board , its not happening. It isn't just money it's expertise spread much more broadly than it is now across various growing cultures . And the old chestnut  man power at the right price. We struggle with that and we have barely started yet.
Would hose be the subsidies hat produced buter mountains or the ones paid to wealthy landowners to grow buggerr all.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 28, 2022, 04:07:18 PM
It sounds easy but until our government can come up with  subsidies the equivalent of  those that have held up virtually all food production in Europe, for British producers across the board , its not happening. It isn't just money it's expertise spread much more broadly than it is now across various growing cultures . And the old chestnut  man power at the right price. We struggle with that and we have barely started yet.
Oh that old chestnut, the EU single market has saved us, but then without migrant workers we will starve, without unskilled mass immigration the country will collapse, how did any of that work out for you?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 28, 2022, 03:23:41 PM
You've never heard of growing tunnels and the larger buildings,seriously you think holland is so much warmer that they grow peppers toms and other stuff year round.

It sounds easy but until our government can come up with  subsidies the equivalent of  those that have held up virtually all food production in Europe, for British producers across the board , its not happening. It isn't just money it's expertise spread much more broadly than it is now across various growing cultures . And the old chestnut  man power at the right price. We struggle with that and we have barely started yet.

B0ycey

You've never heard of growing tunnels and the larger buildings,seriously you think holland is so much warmer that they grow peppers toms and other stuff year round.
I am just stating the bleeding obvious Cromwell. It makes most sense for farmers to focus on one market that suits our climate as that keeps costs down and gives him the most profits. Which is why we import most of our foods we eat. If we just ate from what we produce, our plates would be very boring and very expensive indeed.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 28, 2022, 03:28:24 PM
This is why the timing of the Mets, intervention was questionable  This situation was always on the cards, and it has a smell about it deserved  or otherwise. This has a number of people in Whitehall worried, and so it should.
PMs questions Wednesday, and straight away  he was at it . " you know I can not answer that", he happily retorted to a number of questions. No wonder he had his mojo back.
And now , no one knows how long the police want, to decide on  how long to take over whether to enforce a fixed penalty.? And Sue Gray, who Boris, expertly used to begin with has served her purpose it would seem.
At the very least , Boris, has worked , the civil service the police over, the worrying bit is it was far to easy.
I hardly think it is BJ. The system will be in place to protect Government for no other underhand reason than to protect the country. I know many don't like it since having seen a chance to waste/cancel Parliament many have just lost their minds, but in terms of ongoing need it really is counter productive. I think BJ's days are numbered but it simply can't be allowed to happen on the promptings of a rabble being led by those who really should know better. These things have to have order and common sense, something that is sadly lacking in those who see themselves as movers and shakers.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 28, 2022, 03:20:12 PM
I saw an interesting reader's comment somewhere that went something like:-

Whitehall Mandarin ' Well Cressida how do you fancy yet another year of lucrative employment at the Met?' Cressida 'I can confirm that the Met is now investigating.....'

I should think that would be a fair assumption, as will be the result.
Dick isn't the lead investigator here. So any delay isn't on her. We of course can only speculate. But fines don't require a jury and who exactly maybe prejudice here? 

If we do get the report next week it will be censored it seems. But we must accept if nothing else the Sue Gray report isn't the end of this saga, the police report will be and it maybe criminal. However it should be said, that may not be against Johnson.

Good old

Quote from: B0ycey on January 28, 2022, 03:00:18 PM
In terms of the topic, what are we to make of the delay to the Sue Grays report? Apparently it has to do with prejudice. Is that even possible with penalty notices? There is talk there maybe criminality in this story that goes beyond a fine. That concealment is involved. I don't know what to make of this but given the rhetoric from the MET has changed since Tuesday and that the Sue Gray report is being asked to detract key information from it, you have to ask why handing out fines seems to be taking so long to do and what is in the report that would insite prejudice?

This is why the timing of the Mets, intervention was questionable  This situation was always on the cards, and it has a smell about it deserved  or otherwise. This has a number of people in Whitehall worried, and so it should.
PMs questions Wednesday, and straight away  he was at it . " you know I can not answer that", he happily retorted to a number of questions. No wonder he had his mojo back.
And now , no one knows how long the police want, to decide on  how long to take over whether to enforce a fixed penalty.? And Sue Gray, who Boris, expertly used to begin with has served her purpose it would seem.
At the very least , Boris, has worked , the civil service the police over, the worrying bit is it was far to easy.

T00ts

We've had too many years of being force fed EU produce while they have had all the subsidies needed to build their glass/poly tunnels. One advantage of climate change for us will be increased growing ability. Time for Gov to back growers not just pay them to let fields go wild as currently proposed.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on January 28, 2022, 02:52:24 PM
Because the internal market isn't there. We import specific produce that grows well in warmer climate such as grapes, strawberries, oranges, tomatoes and export those in colder climates such as carrots, lettuce, broccoli. Meat we could in theory be self sufficient on but then we need more workers (we lost EU workers) to work in slaughter houses. Over Christmas perfectly good chichens were killed off because there wasn't the workers to prep them for supermarkets.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 28, 2022, 03:00:18 PM
In terms of the topic, what are we to make of the delay to the Sue Grays report? Apparently it has to do with prejudice. Is that even possible with penalty notices? There is talk there maybe criminality in this story that goes beyond a fine. That concealment is involved. I don't know what to make of this but given the rhetoric from the MET has changed since Tuesday and that the Sue Gray report is being asked to detract key information from it, you have to ask why handing out fines seems to be taking so long to do and what is in the report that would insite prejudice?
I saw an interesting reader's comment somewhere that went something like:-

Whitehall Mandarin ' Well Cressida how do you fancy yet another year of lucrative employment at the Met?' Cressida 'I can confirm that the Met is now investigating.....'

I should think that would be a fair assumption, as will be the result.