“Protocol continues to cause significant issues for medicine supplies” Cameron

Started by Thomas, February 05, 2022, 05:58:00 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on February 19, 2022, 08:45:14 PM
I know zilch about Scottish politics Tommy, but is it not possible that canny as she undoubtedly is, she is running out of options? Might not she cast her mind back to 1745, think two out of three is not bad and opt for a mad charge across the heather?

Actually, with a general election due in 2024, Boris probably won't want a kerffufle north of the border, so Wee Krankie might be able to squeeze quite a few concessions short of independence out of the blond moppet. Which ones would please the nationalists most?
Sturgeon is running out of options. Like i said borkie , despite boyceys adoration of the woman , she has spectacularly failed to further the independence cause in her time in power.

She has presided over a party riven by infighting, factionalism , backstabbing , and like starmers labour , she has managed to alienate many of the party grassroots so much so many have left .

Most people who support indy that i know arent interested in concessions. Who will trust the word of boris johnson?

We will have to wait and see what happens as ever , but mark my words , there wont be another indy ref under nicola sturgeon.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 08:03:09 AM
So you would break the Good Friday agreement? We can't do that Biden and Ireland would have a hissy.

I think we need to start treating the Irish Republic like the foreign country the PIRA wish it to be rather than the cosy neighbour we have allowed to date. 

All members of the Irish Republic should be denied the immigration rights they were allowed to keep when they seceeded by violence for a start.

I see no reason to allow any foreign country's citizens special immigration status. It's only giving the SNP false hopes for when they achieve their aims.

Once we start treating the republics citizens as the foreigners they have been for a century, then we can see what other measures may be needed to bring the EU into line. Right now we're taking it up the shitter from both directions.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2022, 08:42:19 PM

They don't actually check it anyway, the declaration can be done when the HGV is loaded.
Really? You are certain of this how? 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on February 19, 2022, 11:36:48 PM
I guess you miss the point, the only way politicians can pretend they are backing democracy is lie through their back teeth constantly and losing another referendum which they know we would make sure they did would be the final nail in their coffins.
I don't think Leave would win another referendum now actually. People are now slowly understanding what they have lost. But given polling is still around 50/50 there isn't going to be a push for one no matter what nonsense you read on here to the contrary anyway. Labour can't push for one given they want to regain the red wall and Tories won't push for one either no matter who is in charge after the clown. We are at least two General Election cycles away from another EU referendum and that depends on polling suggesting that is what people want.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on February 19, 2022, 10:41:55 PM
The border should be between the EU and the UK. i.e. on the border between Eire and Northern Ireland.
So you would break the Good Friday agreement? We can't do that Biden and Ireland would have a hissy.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 08:42:49 PM
Another EU referendum? I would love that. Although Starmer won't push for one. He is trying to get the red wall back if you didn't know.

I guess you miss the point, the only way politicians can pretend they are backing democracy is lie through their back teeth constantly and losing another referendum which they know we would make sure they did would be the final nail in their coffins.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 02:54:43 PM
How exactly do you think it can be resolved Barry? The WTO demands a border and only a deal makes it go away. The UK knows the EU red lines, align standards and most of the issues go away. Standards are currently aligned it should be said but the thirst to import drug filled CHICKEN and pesticide US produce in the future are making the Tories blind.
The border should be between the EU and the UK. i.e. on the border between Eire and Northern Ireland.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2022, 08:42:19 PM
Answer the question. What is the difference with checking containers 20 miles from a border and at the border? Apart from the fact that 20 miles away you can have massive areas dedicated to it rather than a land on a motorway.
They don't actually check it anyway, the declaration can be done when the HGV is loaded.
Money, time, red tape, logistics, bottlenecks of queuing lorries, shortages, delays, costs. I already did answer it as it happens Nick. You just aren't understanding what I am telling you.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 08:06:16 PM
:D
member she telt us that wan in 2017 , 2019 , 2021 , and now tis year?

I know zilch about Scottish politics Tommy, but is it not possible that canny as she undoubtedly is, she is running out of options? Might not she cast her mind back to 1745, think two out of three is not bad and opt for a mad charge across the heather?

Actually, with a general election due in 2024, Boris probably won't want a kerffufle north of the border, so Wee Krankie might be able to squeeze quite a few concessions short of independence out of the blond moppet. Which ones would please the nationalists most?
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 08:40:07 PM
tell you what boycey why dont you just tell the uk public they hae made a terrible mistake , and must rejoin the eu pronto. Get sir keith to stand on rejoin in two years.

::)

If they say no again , you still wont accept demcoracy , but thats typical of you commies.

Another EU referendum? I would love that. Although Starmer won't push for one. He is trying to get the red wall back if you didn't know.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 07:42:05 PM
It differs in the sense once something is in transit it usually goes to its point of destination. It doesn't go in holding. What you are asking for is a medium in between journey. That would cause a bottleneck, hold ups and shit loads more red tape with lorries all heading to a warehouse when they could just do all the checks at a border. It doesn't solve anything. It would just make things worse. May at the time was contemplating such a thing as a proposal at first as an idea to solve the border issue once upon a time but she was against it when the details and problems I am writing to you now was spelt out to her.
Answer the question. What is the difference with checking containers 20 miles from a border and at the border? Apart from the fact that 20 miles away you can have massive areas dedicated to it rather than a land on a motorway. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 08:33:46 PM
It could have been kicked out a hundred times.
i know how you remongers dont like democracy , but when someone says no three times , you sort of have to sit up and accept it.

QuoteIt doesn't change the fact that it is the only solution to solve the border issue right now.
The uk public dont want mays "solutions". Its dead and gone mate accept it.

QuoteIt also doesn't change the fact that Brexiteers fears for the deal were unfounded nor does it change the fact it would have been better than Johnsons deal in any case on everything. It may have been rejected but what wasn't rejected was Johnsons oven ready deal so if the idea of rejection had any merit to it in terms of success and failure then Johnson deal should be declared a success surely?
tell you what boycey why dont you just tell the uk public they hae made a terrible mistake , and must rejoin the eu pronto. Get sir keith to stand on rejoin in two years.

::)

If they say no again , you still wont accept demcoracy , but thats typical of you commies.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 08:28:42 PM
it was rejected  , and alec slamond isnt in either stormont or westminster to provide any solution to the imaginary irish border issue.

What part of the word no do you not understand boycey?

Does three defeats , kicked out of office and electoral demolition  for may and you remongers time and again not register or sumfing?
It could have been kicked out a hundred times. It doesn't change the fact that it is the only solution to solve the border issue right now. It also doesn't change the fact that Brexiteers fears for the deal were unfounded nor does it change the fact it would have been better than Johnsons deal in any case on everything. It may have been rejected but what wasn't rejected was Johnsons oven ready deal so if the idea of rejection had any merit to it in terms of success and failure then Johnson deal should be declared a success surely?

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 08:11:51 PM
She does have the solution to the border that keeps it open whilst enabling trade outside the customs Union. That is why Salmond stole it.
it was rejected  , and alec slamond isnt in either stormont or westminster to provide any solution to the imaginary irish border issue.

What part of the word no do you not understand boycey?

Does three defeats , kicked out of office and electoral demolition  for may and you remongers time and again not register or sumfing?

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 08:08:01 PM
you also told us she had the "solution" to the imaginary irish border problem and that  was booted out as well wasnt it boycey?:D

Like i said , you keep referencing her and wee will keep laughing.
She does have the solution to the border that keeps it open whilst enabling trade outside the customs Union. That is why Salmond stole it.