“Protocol continues to cause significant issues for medicine supplies” Cameron

Started by Thomas, February 05, 2022, 05:58:00 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on March 01, 2022, 08:35:39 AM
News tends to report on what is about to happen and not what has happened, thats not news. Companies have moved jobs, because what they used to do from the UK is no longer viable. SO the Jobs and money has moved to the EU or maybe even further.

Are you saying no Jobs have been lost due to Brexit?
No, I'm not saying jobs have been lost. I'm saying not to the degrees that would even slightly not make Brexit worth while. You posted a list of companies that were so called moving due to Brexit, you've not backed that up with any evidence that they carried that out. With you stating they have opened up addition operations in the EU, the onus is on you to prove job losses in the U.K.  
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on February 28, 2022, 11:04:09 PM
All you've done is issue a list of maybe's. Give me a definitive list of businesses that have been impacted by Brexit, and not Covid.
And no, opening an addition branch in the EU doesn't count. It doesn't necessarily affect the U.K. The onus is on you to prove the affect.
News tends to report on what is about to happen and not what has happened, thats not news. Companies have moved jobs, because what they used to do from the UK is no longer viable. SO the Jobs and money has moved to the EU or maybe even further. 

Are you saying no Jobs have been lost due to Brexit?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 28, 2022, 03:43:03 PM
Just google 7500 jobs leave the London financial sector, there'll be dozens of articles about it. That's just one industry and one town. Death by a thousand cuts, give it a couple of decades, drip, drip, drip.
I did, and as it happens the London financial sector had its best year in 5 years so what's your point?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 28, 2022, 03:43:03 PM
Agh Tricky Nickey is back, it doesn't count unless it's a company closing and moving to the EU. Thousands of Jobs moving don't count.  Do you think there were zero job losses due to brexit ?  no point in showing you anything, you'll just say it isn't so.
Go back and read the links given, most of the articles are optimistic, stating far less jobs are moving that predicted, as if that was a sign that brexit was a great thing.

Just google 7500 jobs leave the London financial sector, there'll be dozens of articles about it. That's just one industry and one town. Death by a thousand cuts, give it a couple of decades, drip, drip, drip.
All you've done is issue a list of maybe's. Give me a definitive list of businesses that have been impacted by Brexit, and not Covid. 
And no, opening an addition branch in the EU doesn't count. It doesn't necessarily affect the U.K. The onus is on you to prove the affect. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on February 27, 2022, 09:52:48 PM
You gave me a list of companies so called leaving the U.K. because of Brexit, you then moved the goal posts to they're opening addition offices in the EU.
Let's have a look at the job losses cause of Brexit Jerry, give me an actual example not an xyz is planning to cut jobs.
Agh Tricky Nickey is back, it doesn't count unless it's a company closing and moving to the EU. Thousands of Jobs moving don't count.  Do you think there were zero job losses due to brexit ?  no point in showing you anything, you'll just say it isn't so.
Go back and read the links given, most of the articles are optimistic, stating far less jobs are moving that predicted, as if that was a sign that brexit was a great thing.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on February 27, 2022, 09:48:56 PM
And I told you, but all of a sudden you didn't know about the 5% that they made us out on certain items.
When you were an EU member the min rate was 15% not 5%, unless you had a lower rate on that specific item pre '91.

Now you're no longer a member you can apply the 0% rate. So why hasn't the UK govt (as they promised) and why are they blaming the EU for failing to do so ?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 27, 2022, 02:02:45 PM
That would suggest I'm making false claims. I haven't. I continue to point out problems associated with Brexit, I gave Nick the other day a list of over 250 cases of job losses, he rubbished it, then I showed him a list of over 500 problems at home, it seems none of that was true either. I have always said brexit would be the death of a thousand cuts, people will look back in 10 or 20 years and say, where did it all go wrong. The only people talking of the cliff edge were leavers, make up a strawman, attribute it to leavers and then say it will never happen.

Companies have mitigated the first wave of hits, a lot set up companies abroad or modified their supply chains. But there is no getting away from two simple facts. Countries exports/imports are negatively affected by distance from the trading country and introducing tariff and non-tariff barriers affects trade negatively. The UK has the added complication of NI, which no matter what you say about England just cutting them adrift or putting up a border in NI, neither of those two things are going to happen, without consensus, no matter how many wet dreams you have about them.
You gave me a list of companies so called leaving the U.K. because of Brexit, you then moved the goal posts to they're opening addition offices in the EU. 
Let's have a look at the job losses cause of Brexit Jerry, give me an actual example not an xyz is planning to cut jobs. 

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 27, 2022, 12:31:10 PM
The latest discussion was how the EU was preventing blighty from reducing it's VAT rates, that's a recent issue. Turns out to be lies and damn lies, plenty to discuss as time unfolds the unicorn benefits. Plenty of people are interested, you might not be.
And I told you, but all of a sudden you didn't know about the 5% that they made us out on certain items. 

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on February 27, 2022, 12:50:21 PM
Gerry i am interested, the problem you have though as i said you are the boy who cried wolf.
That would suggest I'm making false claims. I haven't. I continue to point out problems associated with Brexit, I gave Nick the other day a list of over 250 cases of job losses, he rubbished it, then I showed him a list of over 500 problems at home, it seems none of that was true either. I have always said brexit would be the death of a thousand cuts, people will look back in 10 or 20 years and say, where did it all go wrong. The only people talking of the cliff edge were leavers, make up a strawman, attribute it to leavers and then say it will never happen.

Companies have mitigated the first wave of hits, a lot set up companies abroad or modified their supply chains. But there is no getting away from two simple facts. Countries exports/imports are negatively affected by distance from the trading country and introducing tariff and non-tariff barriers affects trade negatively. The UK has the added complication of NI, which no matter what you say about England just cutting them adrift or putting up a border in NI, neither of those two things are going to happen, without consensus, no matter how many wet dreams you have about them.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on February 27, 2022, 12:31:10 PM
The latest discussion was how the EU was preventing blighty from reducing it's VAT rates, that's a recent issue. Turns out to be lies and damn lies, plenty to discuss as time unfolds the unicorn benefits. Plenty of people are interested, you might not be.
Gerry i am interested, the problem you have though as i said you are the boy who cried wolf.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on February 27, 2022, 11:01:17 AM
Well, Gerry, we've been called thick, Neanderthals, knuckle draggers, gammons, xenophobes, racists, so blind and deaf cultist won't hurt. With apologies, of course to the Helen Keller International foundation.
I didn't say everyone is blind and deaf, but there are a select few, that when you show them what their saying is indisputably wrong, they chose to not look or listen. It's like they don't want to admit that most of the pre brexit promises were made up.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on February 27, 2022, 11:04:57 AM
Take it from me you would refute it anyway.
You post a good news story that's factual, how could I refute it.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on February 27, 2022, 10:37:35 AMPeoples attention is focused on these new events while you are waffling on about many of the issues from years ago. No one is interested.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on February 27, 2022, 11:01:17 AM
Well, Gerry, we've been called thick, Neanderthals, knuckle draggers, gammons, xenophobes, racists, so blind and deaf cultist won't hurt. With apologies, of course to the Helen Keller International foundation.
Its all good stuff though to me barry. While gerry carries on screaming about brexit , calling brexiters nasty names , and quack quack is demanding european citizenship through ethnic discrimination , it keeps brexit and the anti demoratic remainers in the spotlight and lets the rest of us see thier shenanigans continue.

Meanwhile its bad new for keir stamer , srb steve and the wider pro european lefties , who want events  brushed under the carpet. The wider left as we all know deeply rely on tribal voting and the public having selective amnesia.

If gerry and the boys can keep the screaming up for anotehr two years , it should crush any chance of election keir starmer has and overturning brexit with it.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!