UK economy rebounds with 7.5% growth last year

Started by Borchester, February 11, 2022, 10:08:27 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on February 17, 2022, 09:39:37 PM
You have to be a parody account. Did you not get to travel that much to come up with that view.
Nah you're mixing him up with someone else. Butt Kick
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on February 17, 2022, 09:13:40 PM
Quite right Mr B. As I've always said, there is nothing stopping anyone striving for better. But there has to be a class system that forms a tower, it's like a cake. Base, fruit cake, marzipan, icing and a cherry on top. If any of the layers are missing it just doesn't work, unfortunately the marzipan in this world have been given Brighthouse and Carphone warehouse, allowing them the perception that they are icing: a system that ultimately cause the 2008 crash. But they've still got their fags and booze.
You have to be a parody account. Did you not get to travel that much to come up with that view.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on February 17, 2022, 09:13:40 PM
Quite right Mr B. As I've always said, there is nothing stopping anyone striving for better. But there has to be a class system that forms a tower, it's like a cake. Base, fruit cake, marzipan, icing and a cherry on top. If any of the layers are missing it just doesn't work, unfortunately the marzipan in this world have been given Brighthouse and Carphone warehouse, allowing them the perception that they are icing: a system that ultimately cause the 2008 crash. But they've still got their fags and booze.
Yeah well there's more than a few of the rich & famous who  also wield power who think they're the icing but are often the fruitcake.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on February 17, 2022, 02:49:17 PM
Folk who like doing poorly paid but often essential work and enjoy telling everyone else how poorly paid their essential work is.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on February 16, 2022, 08:11:09 AM
Bit simplistic John,so who will do all the poorly paid but often essential work?
And you wonder why your endless reports that people have said nasty things to you are ignored.
Folk who like doing poorly paid but often essential work and enjoy telling everyone else how poorly paid their essential work is.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2022, 10:13:52 PM
Well let's have a vote, I know what the outcome would be.

If he wants to go about calling people liars and nasty he needs to expect something coming the other way.
True

:)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2022, 03:48:45 PM
And just as Borchester pointed out, you totally failed to see the social signals in my post. It had nothing to do with counting matches, something you just can't see
The only signals in your posts are just bad.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2022, 08:29:53 AM
Precisely Nick is just another "psychic" pub professor. I also could not count matchsticks anyway due to manual dexterity problems and also there are no matches in my home due to piezoelectric ignition systems on the gas hob and the blow lamp I use for some cookery tasks, lighting the fuel in the fireplace, and the barbecue.
And just as Borchester pointed out, you totally failed to see the social signals in my post. It had nothing to do with counting matches, something you just can't see

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2022, 02:42:14 PM
Quite, however anyone who puts personal experience above actuarial data from a multitude of sources will at some stage get a very rude awakening. By then it is often too late for them to take mitigating action.
And I like I posted, £3 billion a year in fraud is a significant amount, and that's just what they know of. But you stick up for your benefit buddies, safety in numbers and you're much less likely to get caught. 

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on February 16, 2022, 02:31:33 PM
He didn't call you an Idiot, he called your response idiotic.  There's a difference, a genius could give an idiotic response.
Quite, however anyone who puts personal experience above actuarial data from a multitude of sources will at some stage get a very rude awakening. By then it is often too late for them to take mitigating action.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2022, 02:12:00 PM
You just can't answer without calling someone an idiot can you.
Just looked in my book 'Autism for dummies' and it was there on page one: will always call people an idiot. There's your long overdue diagnosis, it's official.
He didn't call you an Idiot, he called your response idiotic.  There's a difference, a genius could give an idiotic response.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2022, 08:04:49 AM
That is the kind of idiot response I have come to expect from you.
You just can't answer without calling someone an idiot can you.
Just looked in my book 'Autism for dummies' and it was there on page one: will always call people an idiot. There's your long overdue diagnosis, it's official.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on February 15, 2022, 09:14:09 PM
Here you are doing it again, believing in something you have no evidence for. Even someone with decades of medical training and experience would never make a medical diagnosis on the basis of someone's internet postings. Yet here you are doing just that. Care to share with us your medical qualifications and bona fides? And let us know when and where you examined Smurf in person, asking all the correct medical questions re symptoms and thought processes  in order to make a diagnosis?

Or are you just making ill educated assumptions again?
Precisely Nick is just another "psychic" pub professor. I also could not count matchsticks anyway due to manual dexterity problems and also there are no matches in my home due to piezoelectric ignition systems on the gas hob and the blow lamp I use for some cookery tasks, lighting the fuel in the fireplace, and the barbecue.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on February 16, 2022, 06:25:34 AM
2% in one in 50, which hardly supports your contention that almost everyone on benefits is swinging the lead somehow. And even this appears only to be as high as it is because of people taking advantage of covid.

And it is a drop in the ocean compared to both the vast sums lost via tax evasion and the vast sums wasted by the government.
I suspect maths is not Nicks areas of expertise. No matter how much evidence is given him of Tory waste of taxpayers money, and bungs in return for lobbying and getting government contracts, his cognitive dissonance just will not let him accept it.