He She It or more?

Started by T00ts, February 13, 2022, 02:15:18 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2022, 06:31:11 PM
Looks like I'm in for a dire end then.
It's fair to say that it should not be dismissed out of hand and the sooner recognition of the Gospel is made the better but eternity is a long time. I don't agree with Barry's belief in this life or never for reasons aired before but even so that's not a get out clause. 

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2022, 04:56:49 PM
Delusions or not aside. I actually care what you believe. Because the Bible says that those who have heard the gospel and discarded it will face a dire end, whereas those who believe in Jesus Christ as Saviour, will not.

I love people enough to care for their spiritual future.
Looks like I'm in for a dire end then.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on July 27, 2022, 05:11:36 PM
Well it all depends upon who is right, doesn't it?

I believe we all have immortal souls that live on and return, so hey ho. I can't prove it anymore than you can prove your beliefs. The Bible does not of itself constitute proof which is fortunate for there are many dire things inside it, especially in the Old Testament. I do not believe the bible to be the word of God, merely the words of men claiming to be in touch with God, some of whom may even have believed it.
I understand that doubt but it doesn't explain for me how so many people throughout the ages come up with the same revelations/predictions/observations and warnings. In studying the OT this year there has been some very enlightening stuff achieved by cross referencing the different authors/books. It's also amazing how so much can be referenced today. I sincerely wish that everyone would look with fresh eyes. 

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2022, 04:56:49 PM
Delusions or not aside. I actually care what you believe. Because the Bible says that those who have heard the gospel and discarded it will face a dire end, whereas those who believe in Jesus Christ as Saviour, will not.

Well it all depends upon who is right, doesn't it? 

I believe we all have immortal souls that live on and return, so hey ho. I can't prove it anymore than you can prove your beliefs. The Bible does not of itself constitute proof which is fortunate for there are many dire things inside it, especially in the Old Testament. I do not believe the bible to be the word of God, merely the words of men claiming to be in touch with God, some of whom may even have believed it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on July 27, 2022, 03:48:41 PM
I believe Jesus existed. I believe he was a faith healer with a spiritually enlightened outlook on life, but was the son of God only in the sense that we are all the sons or daughters of God. I believe Jesus has had umpteen comings since then because I believe in reincarnation. That is not quite what you want me to believe of course but as with politics I am as entitled to my beliefs as you are to yours. Naturally I think you and toots are deluding yourselves. If ever I am proven wrong I will say so. Because my faith is not blind and I remain open to logic and evidence based persuasion

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on July 27, 2022, 03:48:41 PM
I believe Jesus existed. I believe he was a faith healer with a spiritually enlightened outlook on life, but was the son of God only in the sense that we are all the sons or daughters of God. I believe Jesus has had umpteen comings since then because I believe in reincarnation. That is not quite what you want me to believe of course but as with politics I am as entitled to my beliefs as you are to yours. Naturally I think you and toots are deluding yourselves. If ever I am proven wrong I will say so. Because my faith is not blind and I remain open to logic and evidence based persuasion
That's ok because the feeling's mutual! I won't hold it against you but like on many other occasions when this comes up with others - I'll check with you later just to get that moment of saying 'told you so!'. Dancing  Dancing

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2022, 03:36:31 PM
You're best to have accepted the first coming of Christ before the 2nd one happens.
Any time will be good.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on July 27, 2022, 03:32:20 PM
Ok if you believe in that kind of thing. Many of us don't.
You're best to have accepted the first coming of Christ before the 2nd one happens.
Any time will be good.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on July 27, 2022, 02:02:45 PMI feel that the second coming and the end of the world needs to be near at hand before the human race goes completely rogue.
Ok if you believe in that kind of thing. Many of us don't.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2022, 01:37:49 PM
OK the thread's a bit long in the tooth but I was thinking this morning, if trans women (who are men) were made to have periods and push babies out of narrow passages, they probably wouldn't bother. :o
True - on the other hand I have heard of surgeons working on creating female reproductive organs either by transplants or by plastic surgery type techniques ignoring the worries about the difference in shape of male skeleton particularly the pelvis which is narrower in men, or the potential risk to a foetus of excessive female hormones to make it all happen. I feel that the second coming and the end of the world needs to be near at hand before the human race goes completely rogue.

johnofgwent

Right

I told the only transitioning person I ever worked with they were without doubt the ugliest woman I'd ever worked with, to their face. That was 1997 and I kept my job.

In reality if faced with such an individual again I'd do what I did then. I referred to them by the name they chose. It sounds bizarre calling someone with two days stubble "Debbie" but thank god they weren't making plans to go anywhere near Dallas.

And did you see what I did above. They / Them are genderless pronouns. Problem in written matter solved.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

OK the thread's a bit long in the tooth but I was thinking this morning, if trans women (who are men) were made to have periods and push babies out of narrow passages, they probably wouldn't bother. :o
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 03:54:02 PM
When anyone proselytises at me I will respond in a way you and they may not like.
Mod Notice

Yeah you're right and you might not like some of your posts removed,but they have.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 08:44:50 PM
Sorry but I have to rebuff proselytisers.
You don't have to at all. You choose to. Another choice might be to just ignore it. Perhaps not even comment in the spirituality section where believers of all kinds are likely to be around talking about their beliefs. But you choose to come here anyway, then respond with negativity if someone speaks of their faith. It is surely par for the course in this part of the forum? If you cannot deal with that, not coming here would be the better choice.

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 03:54:02 PM
When anyone proselytises at me I will respond in a way you and they may not like.
That is a choice. It is not something you are forced to do.