Main Menu

Would You

Started by cromwell, February 25, 2022, 12:28:23 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on February 25, 2022, 08:09:27 AM
A celtic fan put a picture up on twitter showing ibrox stadium saying to tell putin this is where the nukes are stored.

:D
;D

Good thinking , you hide in Celtic Park and I'll get myself over to the  Fulham road . Should avoid a direct hit anyway 

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 25, 2022, 07:56:44 AM
As soon as the fireworks begin we are all fecked anyway so it would be rude not to contribute . 
A celtic fan put a picture up on twitter showing ibrox stadium saying to tell putin this is where the nukes are stored.

:D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on February 25, 2022, 12:28:23 AM
Given where we are today and a tv prog a while ago all professional people and the UK is hit with a nuclear strike would you push the button for a retaliatory strike.

There was a great deal of discussion,soul searching and the morality and to a man and woman they all said no they wouldn't.

In a hearbeat yes I would,and you?
As soon as the fireworks begin we are all fecked anyway so it would be rude not to contribute .   

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on February 25, 2022, 12:28:23 AM
Given where we are today and a tv prog a while ago all professional people and the UK is hit with a nuclear strike would you push the button for a retaliatory strike.

There was a great deal of discussion,soul searching and the morality and to a man and woman they all said no they wouldn't.

It's a very interesting question. One of the most brilliant answers to the whole moral shit about this was given by none other than Jeremy Corbyn. He declared it would be his avowed nuclear policy to send our subs out without any nukes.

This is a masterstroke and the pinnacle of MAD.

The whole point of deterrence is a huge game of poker. Would you, or would you not. Anyone who has studied our nuclear boats knows the reactors emit radiation in directions away from the crew, it would be hard to detect the lack of nukes on such a boat and a government that secretly determined not to retaliate in any circumstances would save a bloody fortune but of course in order to work, the one thing you would never do is tell Andrew Marr on live BBC TV this was your policy ....

I worked with a chap who is now "something" in the Saudi defence ministry. On hearing I was working on naval defence stuff just after the Falklands Aziz told me if it were down to him he would out a Polaris missile, without the warhead, right through the Argentinian Parliament, and telex the Opposition and the Army to say the next one would have a warhead, and that he would land Marines in Tierra Del Fuego and march them north killing EVERYTHING until Argentina left The Falklands. And if that meant death to everything up to the Mexican border, so be it. I hope his geography was as abysmal as most Americans. 

The oft talked about first job of a new prime minister is of course to write the letter. The three most posed options being open fire, surrender, or join forces with whatever might be left.

When I developed military hardware, what really annoyed me is hostile governments ever seemed to acknowledge how good people like me were at our jobs. Of course, you never got to find out the hard way, just like you never got to find out how good dad was at weaponising the cold war air force. 

I really don't know what I would do now.

I think it would be far more useful to use biological and chemical weapons. 

Putin would, and has. He should expect the same in return. And every russian oligarch in Europe should be rounded up. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Given where we are today and a tv prog a while ago all professional people and the UK is hit with a nuclear strike would you push the button for a retaliatory strike.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?