Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on March 11, 2022, 09:45:23 PM
 I for one do not approve of what Putin is doing. But we in the west have let him get away with too much for too long.

Are you referring to allowing the expansion of NATO?  Yes, Putin is very naughty for allowing that.  I guess.  Or I have no idea what you are talking about.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2022, 07:06:44 PM
So which country are you in (with) when the buttons are pressed? Choose your side, this is your colour you're choosing.

Nick, when the buttons are pressed, it won't make a difference whose side you chose.  You will be a corpse.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on March 11, 2022, 06:58:53 PM
He now looks to be finding an excuse to use chemical warfare.

WTF are you talking about?  Who said so?

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2022, 04:30:11 AM

Im just waiting for the Commies on here to acknowledge what Putin is doing.
If by "commies" you mean anyone vaguely left wing, I for one do not approve of what Putin is doing. But we in the west have let him get away with too much for too long.

I oppose all illegal invasions of sovereign states. I opposed the Iraq War. I opposed the frequent Israeli incursions into Palestine. And I oppose Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

But the political leaderships of all Westminster parties would have more credibilty if they were not so selective about what they condemned and what they chose to support.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2022, 07:06:44 PM
So which country are you in (with) when the buttons are pressed? Choose your side, this is your colour you're choosing.
If the buttons are pressed it doesn't matter where I am or who side with, the destination is the same.

In terms of choosing values, well as I am not, a knee taking, monument desecrating, opinion canceling, Greta worshiping angst ridden man who identifies as a large Nigerian woman called Jumbolina, whilst being in transition, I guess I would chose the side where men are still expected to be men, people still make do and mend, keep going and keep calm, do as there told and keep a stiff upper lip. It used to be like that over here once upon a time.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2022, 07:13:01 PM
Is this sheep #1 or #2 talking. Being lambing season I guess there could be more gambling around. Another 6 weeks and they'll be under my grill with a little chilli 🌶 and turmeric. 😋
I was speaking with someone earlier who a bit like you thinks they can make Vlads choices for him through methods of their own making, they said by taking everything the Oligarchs have they will maybe force Vlad to have a rethink, I laughed and said are you sure being Russians they would say feck you. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on March 11, 2022, 06:58:53 PM
Surely there can be no reason to condone what the Russians are putting the Ukrainians through. No matter the politics or what might have gone before, Surely no-one can honestly believe that Putin has any justification for his actions if only for humanitarian reasons. He now looks to be finding an excuse to use chemical warfare.

This is not to say that other wars were not also deplorable and inhumane this is simply the latest in abhorrent acts. I don't agree that people were complacent about others.

A bit like the ones they used in Syria, except it turned out the ingredients were supplied by somebody else and not released by the Russians. 

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on March 11, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
No it just means I am right and as usual when any other side from your own naive beliefs are put you become defensive and insulting.
Is this sheep #1 or #2 talking. Being lambing season I guess there could be more gambling around. Another 6 weeks and they'll be under my grill with a little chilli 🌶 and turmeric. 😋 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 11, 2022, 05:41:19 PM
Every war is a humanitarian crisis. There are many wars waging in the world today
There have been wars somewhere every day since the start of the new millenium
Many of them started by the US and poodles.
Many have gone on for many years
The world however carries on unperturbed

Russia starts one war (More properly joins in a long running existing one) it has lasted less than three weeks
West runs around in mad panic waving arms in air predicting the end of human civilisation, falling sky and opening ground.
So this is the great US New World Order, "Do as I say, not as I do" I say Feck U USA.
So which country are you in (with) when the buttons are pressed? Choose your side, this is your colour you're choosing. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 11, 2022, 06:54:34 PM
No Cromwell its very very simple
Why such a disproportionate reaction to one war and such a relaxed reaction to all the rest?
If doing such things as Russia are doing are so bad, why do we still have diplomatic relations with Israel, why do we still do business with Israeli companies, why do still recognise the Saudi's, why do not ban the sale of Saudi Oil and Freeze their financial assets?
Why do have any kind of relations with the USA who are the most feral and vicious warmongering country on earth. I don;t think there has been a year in the last seventy, where they have not been in a hot war somewhere against someone.
What makes the Russian military actions appear so many more times worse in our eyes rather than those of many of the other countries, especially given that the level of intensity, savagery and ferocity from the Russians is considerably less than nearly all the rest?
Its pure media hysteria. Which is the other point, its not about buying Russian Propaganda, its about not buying our own. Given the puerile level to which it has descended I fail to understand how anyone can buy it.
Oh and no,there is nothing particularly smart about me. But I do wonder when vast swathes of my countryman had themselves labotomised to the point they can no longer recognise the bleedin obvious, when it nut kicks them!
A lucid reply to a post not particulary aimed in your direction but I still disagree with you though.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Surely there can be no reason to condone what the Russians are putting the Ukrainians through. No matter the politics or what might have gone before, Surely no-one can honestly believe that Putin has any justification for his actions if only for humanitarian reasons. He now looks to be finding an excuse to use chemical warfare. 

This is not to say that other wars were not also deplorable and inhumane this is simply the latest in abhorrent acts. I don't agree that people were complacent about others.

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 11, 2022, 06:14:07 PM
Well it seems to me at least it is getting all one sided,the west have done things (well that makes it all right then) so?....and it's been pointed out too.

I know I'll list all the bad things the west has done to justify what Putin is doing.....not only that I'll regurgitate all his propaganda to to say this is all the wests fault too.

Self loathing? well to be more correct loathing your own country whilst proclaiming how clever you and he are.

Is my country perfect? No but I don't hate it like some on here do and their self proclsaimed superiority of thought which is quite pathetic really.
No Cromwell its very very simple
Why such a disproportionate reaction to one war and such a relaxed reaction to all the rest?
If doing such things as Russia are doing are so bad, why do we still have diplomatic relations with Israel, why do we still do business with Israeli companies, why do still recognise the Saudi's, why do not ban the sale of Saudi Oil and Freeze their financial assets?
Why do have any kind of relations with the USA who are the most feral and vicious warmongering country on earth. I don;t think there has been a year in the last seventy, where they have not been in a hot war somewhere against someone.
What makes the Russian military actions appear so many more times worse in our eyes rather than those of many of the other countries, especially given that the level of intensity, savagery and ferocity from the Russians is considerably less than nearly all the rest?
Its pure media hysteria. Which is the other point, its not about buying Russian Propaganda, its about not buying our own. Given the puerile level to which it has descended I fail to understand how anyone can buy it.
Oh and no,there is nothing particularly smart about me. But I do wonder when vast swathes of my countryman had themselves labotomised to the point they can no longer recognise the bleedin obvious, when it nut kicks them!

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 11, 2022, 06:44:59 PM
No it's the same as saying your thoughts on this have all the depth of a puddle
No it just means I am right and as usual when any other side from your own naive beliefs are put you become defensive and insulting.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 11, 2022, 06:37:28 PM
Is that the same as saying, I am completely out of my depth again and will shake my fist at anyone who doesn't follow the latest agenda thought up by a few elitists.
No it's the same as saying your thoughts on this have all the depth of a puddle
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 11, 2022, 06:14:07 PM
Well it seems to me at least it is getting all one sided,the west have done things (well that makes it all right then) so?....and it's been pointed out too.

I know I'll list all the bad things the west has done to justify what Putin is doing.....not only that I'll regurgitate all his propaganda to to say this is all the wests fault too.

Self loathing? well to be more correct loathing your own country whilst proclaiming how clever you and he are.

Is my country perfect? No but I don't hate it like some on here do and their self proclsaimed superiority of thought which is quite pathetic really.

Is that the same as saying, I am completely out of my depth again and will shake my fist at anyone who doesn't follow the latest agenda thought up by a few elitists.