Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on March 12, 2022, 03:02:21 PM
Neither.  That's the problem.  The media want you to think the Ukraine government are the good guys, and Russia the bad guys.  In reality, both sides are dishonest and corrupt.  The question is, why should we weaponise Ukraine, when it only creates more conflict?  And does money have anything to do with it?  (And are the 'bio-labs of concern' a danger?)
That's not the point. It's the Ukrainians who are getting murdered. No-one is attacking Russia. It's all one way.

Scott777

Quote from: Borchester on March 12, 2022, 01:21:23 PM
I don't know who are the good guys in this or the baddies,

Neither.  That's the problem.  The media want you to think the Ukraine government are the good guys, and Russia the bad guys.  In reality, both sides are dishonest and corrupt.  The question is, why should we weaponise Ukraine, when it only creates more conflict?  And does money have anything to do with it?  And are the 'bio-labs of concern' a danger?  (And most importantly of all, as per Deppity's comment, is Justin Trudeau a woman?)  🤣
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 12, 2022, 01:14:48 PM
That goes across the board though, Sampan. I can't believe people are foolish enough to keep falling for the constant hyperbole, but their capacity keeps on surprising

It was however good to see a poster with different views to yours defend you when your views were called "disgusting". That's a saving grace for this thread.at least

Anyway, lets get back to the serious issues of the day, such as what a woman is. I'm sure it won't be long before a political capital opportunity for this subject is spotted in the media coverage of the Ukraine conflict ::)
No never really saw you in Oldham......and just like that your home.......teleporter? :) :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 12, 2022, 09:19:26 AM
"They're behind you, Borchester"

This has now become a Pantomime thread where the "other side" are all Dick Dastardly villains and "our side" are all as pure as the driven white snow. And that both sides. You don't even have to read the posts now, you just look at the poster and you know what it's going to say

Everything would be easy if that was the truth, but life isn't like that.

As far as I can see, the Russians either have all the major Ukraine cities surrounded or are in the process of doing so. And unless the Ukrainians have a secret army or two hidden away, they won't be able to raise the siege on Kyiv or any where else. So the Russians and Ukrainians will slug it out in the streets and a lot of schools, hospitals and civilians will be hit because that is what happens in such cases and finally the Russians will win. I don't know who are the good guys in this or the baddies, although I suspect that no one would go very far wrong in labeling Putin as shit in an iron bucket. But that won't worry the Terrible Tot and I imagine that he won't stop until he is given Donbas (which is full of Russians anyway) and an exit strategy that won't make him look too much of an arsehole
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 12, 2022, 10:18:00 AM
It just reflects the pantomime war DD. There is no objectivity in the medias output and very little criticality by those that read it.

That goes across the board though, Sampan. I can't believe people are foolish enough to keep falling for the constant hyperbole, but their capacity keeps on surprising

It was however good to see a poster with different views to yours defend you when your views were called "disgusting". That's a saving grace for this thread.at least

Anyway, lets get back to the serious issues of the day, such as what a woman is. I'm sure it won't be long before a political capital opportunity for this subject is spotted in the media coverage of the Ukraine conflict ::)

cromwell

This has now become a Pantomime thread where the "other side" are all Dick Dastardly villains and "our side" are all as pure as the driven white snow. And that both sides. You don't even have to read the posts now, you just look at the poster and you know what it's going to say

So you expect we might be arguing over Starmers latest on what sex are whatever.

Yeah obviously sit back whilst clips from Vienna are presented as facts as with the follow up stuff and say nowt and who has said the west is pure as the driven snow.

And what are you doing this side of the Pennines? :P

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 12, 2022, 10:18:00 AM
It just reflects the pantomime war DD. There is no objectivity in the medias output and very little criticality by those that read it.
Feck the neoliberal media dribbling over every drama they can find or invent, all this hand wringing why ain't they knitting wooly jumpers instead of thinking they control every situation to feed the guilt trip. Vlad probably does have a lot to answer for, such as that false cant Jeremy Vine being a fecking martyr. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sampanviking

Sheepy

You got your humanitarian corridors didn't ya?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 12, 2022, 07:03:44 AM
You need to check your sources more carefully before you post them,back in post #364 on this thread I posted how a civilian car (non threatening containing two old people) was blown to bits by the Russians and a few posts later you came on to assure me it wasn't Russian nowhere near Russian operations and was in fact Ukrainian.

A couple of tweets on from your latest disinformation piece Daniel Dumb**** is discussing that very incident claiming it was indeed the Russians but they only fired because the Ukrainians were using the car and occupants as human shields.

Absolute rubbish and only confirms they'll say anything to blame the west and Ukraine.
There is nothing unambiguous about that last clip and trying to misdirect away is disingenuous.
Daniel is a smart bloke, but not a my go to source for information on the Ukraine war. He is entitled to his opinion but he is afterall in Shenzhen and twice as fire away from the warzone as I am, so hardly likely to be in possession of any better facts than I can find.
As to the car clip, I had put that down to a curfew violation which the Ukrainians were enforecing in Kiev and environs and which I am pretty sure was still enforce on Feb 28th.

The yanks of course in their invasions, just flew up to groups of civilians in their Apache helicopters and wasted everyone in the night sight. That of course is when they were not busy drone striking families of 10, running to meet daddy when he came home.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester on March 12, 2022, 08:12:53 AM
You are wasting your time. When it comes to St Vlad or the Emperor Xi, Sam is as nutty as Pappy when anyone suggested that driving out the tourists might not have been the best way to stimulate the Cornish economy.

I know that it is not only a terrible thing to say but also about the only game in town, but is anyone else getting bored with this war?

This has now become a Pantomime thread where the "other side" are all Dick Dastardly villains and "our side" are all as pure as the driven white snow. And that both sides. You don't even have to read the posts now, you just look at the poster and you know what it's going to say

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on March 12, 2022, 07:03:44 AM
You need to check your sources more carefully before you post them,back in post #364 on this thread I posted how a civilian car (non threatening containing two old people) was blown to bits by the Russians and a few posts later you came on to assure me it wasn't Russian nowhere near Russian operations and was in fact Ukrainian.

A couple of tweets on from your latest disinformation piece Daniel Dumb**** is discussing that very incident claiming it was indeed the Russians but they only fired because the Ukrainians were using the car and occupants as human shields.

Absolute rubbish and only confirms they'll say anything to blame the west and Ukraine.

You are wasting your time. When it comes to St Vlad or the Emperor Xi, Sam is as nutty as Pappy when anyone suggested that driving out the tourists might not have been the best way to stimulate the Cornish economy.

I know that it is not only a terrible thing to say but also about the only game in town, but is anyone else getting bored with this war?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 12, 2022, 01:05:39 AM
More civilians telling the Ukrainian army to stop using them as human shields and f off!
https://twitter.com/DanielDumbrill/status/1502443015016574979?s=20&t=_AG7PLPsjh2cyzNeqcuwxA
You need to check your sources more carefully before you post them,back in post #364 on this thread I posted how a civilian car (non threatening containing two old people) was blown to bits by the Russians and a few posts later you came on to assure me it wasn't Russian nowhere near Russian operations and was in fact Ukrainian.

Sampanviking

More civilians telling the Ukrainian army to stop using them as human shields and f off!
https://twitter.com/DanielDumbrill/status/1502443015016574979?s=20&t=_AG7PLPsjh2cyzNeqcuwxA

DeppityDawg

This thread has now reached the comedy threshold. Get over yourselves for feck sake.