Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on March 15, 2022, 09:56:48 AM
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-20th-century-history-behind-russias-invasion-of-ukraine-180979672/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB
ok i skimmed your article and here is the headline....

During WWII, Ukrainian nationalists saw the Nazis as liberators from Soviet oppression. Now, Russia is using that chapter to paint Ukraine as a Nazi nation

So are you implying the ukrainians neo nazis are all a figment of russian propaganda?

:D ...and yet , prior to february this year , your beloved western media , including the holier than thou bbc , were doing the same....

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on March 15, 2022, 11:21:39 AM
Very brave woman,who will pay a price.
What like julian assange?

Im confused though cromwell , i thought the nasty russia was a totalitarian state that didnt allow war protest , and imagine my confusion when we see a normal russian person protesting live on tv about war.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 15, 2022, 11:57:47 AM
What now General? the cult of Westminster has been told to do one?
Who are you talking to ovine?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Americans panic buy potassium iodide tablets over fears of nuclear war (msn.com)
Probably but not as deadly as a R36. I reading yesterday how New York has been turned into a Dystopian state anyway. So probably won't be missed. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

What now General? the cult of Westminster has been told to do one?

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on March 15, 2022, 10:13:35 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60744605

There is a war all right.  Justifying it is the problem, for Putin. So he can't admit it as then it has to be justified. 15 years inside, is the probable problem for this lady .
Very brave woman,who will pay a price.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 15, 2022, 10:13:35 AM

There is a war all right.  Justifying it is the problem, for Putin. So he can't admit it as then it has to be justified. 15 years inside, is the probable problem for this lady .
There is indeed, old boy network all good, Vlad black balled all bad. 

Good old

There is a war all right.  Justifying it is the problem, for Putin. So he can't admit it as then it has to be justified. 15 years inside, is the probable problem for this lady . 

Sampanviking

Well just like I have been saying. The moment Russian and Donetsk forces take control over a large portion of Mariupol, then it is from these areas that the civilians are able to leave and they leave for safer parts of the DPR and not into Ukrainian controlled territory.
So it looks as though the Ukrainian army are using civilians as human shields after all.

Interesting also about this Journalist that was shot near Irbin over the weekend. It seems he was shot in the back of the head just moments after going through a Ukrainian check point using non valid Press credentials. (Seems his association with the NYT had ended some years earlier). The official story is to blame the Russians, but for them to shooting from behind so close to a Ukrainian Check point does seem rather unlikely.

Thomas

Thomas

For most Westerners, it appears that the current conflict suddenly dropped from the sky one morning in February 2022. They woke up to hear about a Russian invasion, and without any prior knowledge or context, having been denied this for years by their so-called free press, simply accepted the narrative thrown at them that this invasion was utterly unprovoked — the brainchild of a madman who wishes to recreate Hammer and Sickle Land again.

None of this is remotely true. Whatever the actual reasons for invading at this particular time — and I don't believe for one moment that we have the full picture yet — this conflict most certainly did not drop out of the sky or from the ravings of a lunatic on 24th February 2022. No, it is part of a sequence of events that was set off years ago, particularly in 2014, which were clearly destined to reshape the world.

I would also point out that I was writing about atrocities committed against Ukrainians years before it became fashionable to do so. However, unfortunately it seems I was supporting the wrong Ukrainians — the ones nobody cares about — in the Donbass, who have been killed, terrorised and forced to leave the country by their own brutal Government for eight years, with some even deliberately burned alive by the neo-Nazis formations that apparently don't exist.

https://thewallwillfall.org/2022/03/14/when-fanatical-ideology-bumps-up-against-stone-cold-reality/

Another article questioning the western media narrative....

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on March 14, 2022, 10:48:40 PM
On the anyone surprised Ukraine invaded thread March the 1st you said this

I've recently heard a few false flags involving Ukrainian killing other Ukrainians, and claiming it was the Russians.

Was it hypocritical biased bigotry that your false flag post was allowed to stand?

Your question implies you have interpreted my criticism as a criticism of moderation.  However, there is no clear reference to moderation.  You say 'allowed to stand', which is an interpretation of 'allowed'.  People can allow things, or attack them.  So, no, it wasn't about what a mod allows.  (Incidentally, my comment did not make any claims, I was relaying what other people claim.)  😉
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.