What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Nick on October 01, 2022, 04:36:08 PM
I'll tell you what is happening, the Ruskies are getting their arses kicked atm.
Have you got a reliable link for that, Nick, please?
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 01, 2022, 04:08:45 PM
What's really happening speaks for itself.........all be over in three days.

How many days is it now?
I'll tell you what is happening, the Ruskies are getting their arses kicked atm. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

What's really happening speaks for itself.........all be over in three days.

How many days is it now?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 01, 2022, 02:03:40 PM

Also another example of how the Ukrainians are taking massive losses throughout the day and every day
Have you any verifiable credible evidence of for that please?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sampanviking

Just an addition with new map of the North Donetsk front
Also another example of how the Ukrainians are taking massive losses throughout the day and every day
This is another quad copter drone grenade attack. They are really taking a horrific toll on the Ukrainian forces

https://twitter.com/WOrchestra_/status/1576181946044289024

Sampanviking

Well some good news for you guys

The Russians have left Krazny Lyman and retreated to a new defensive line a few miles down the road.
It was looking untenable and there would be no point in wasting a good garrison just for the sake of one town that lost its main strategic significance some time ago.

This battle however is far from over. Have no doubt that Ukrainian losses have been horrendous from inception and continues unabated.
They have been advancing under this sort of fire
https://twitter.com/chris__759/status/1575967267325497344

To achieve this result, the Ukrainians have literally had to throw every they had into the combat zone, much of it from the garrisons of the very critical towns such as Slavansk, Siversk and even Soledar.

I am sure there will be massive trumpeting by Kiev of this propaganda victory, just as they always do.
The war though is changing and the previous combined Russian and Militia force of about 250k is about to double or maybe even triple over the Autumn months.

The Ukraine is as stretched as it can be and the addition of new Russian Armies, probably opening new fronts will be too much for them to contain.

The same sources that identified the massive Ukrainian build up in Kharkov in late August are now reporting massive Russian build ups near the Russian Border adjacent to Kharkov and indeed inside of Luhansk. A major Russian offensive into the Donetsk heartland now, against reduced Ukrainian garrisons could easily turn the North of Donetsk into a new Cauldron trapping substantial Ukrainian forces in it.

BIt of perspective. Yesterday Russia took possession of 20% of the landmass the the Ukraine claims as its own. This makes the remaining Kiev controlled territory smaller than France.
The Ukrainian counter offensive in Kherson has proved disastrous with KIA estimates above 10,000 and many more wounded. The Ukrainians are today back at their launch bridgehead and have little more than a few villages to show for all their expenditure.

The anticipated Southern Front Offensive has failed to materialise, either the logistics are insufficient to launch, or significant forces have also been redirected towards Krazny Lyman, possibly both. Russia still has its new third Army Corps stationed on that front, so the possibility of a Russian counter attack on this front is very real.

That is pretty much the main points so far today.
The implications of the Southern Regions now being part of the Russian Federation will make themselves shown and many people are predicting, sooner rather than later.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 01, 2022, 11:42:01 AM

What is shows looks nothing like an aid convoy to me, 
That is because you are biased. (Plus no-one has stated it was an aid convoy, but some of the vehicles were delivering aid.)

Sampanviking

Be as snotty as you like, doesn't change the facts on the ground.
The Moon of Alabama Channel says it as well as I can and links to footage from NYT

What is shows looks nothing like an aid convoy to me, just people on the move with their lives packed up in the car....
Moving from the Ukraine to Russia and so the Ukrainians decided to kill them, because the narrative says this is not allowed to be.
So mote it be....
https://twitter.com/MoonofA/status/1576137352954744832

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on October 01, 2022, 10:57:05 AM

Who in their right minds believe that his referenda have resulted in a 99% majority to join Russia.
Sounds right to me. How would you vote with a gun in your ear?

cromwell

What is really happening is sputum is acting like some demented Mr Whippy wittering on about  all his 99's though the raspberry on them is actually the blood he's spilled.

Who in their right minds believe that his referenda have resulted in a 99% majority to join Russia.

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on September 30, 2022, 09:24:33 PM
Well as you would say "the Ukranians would say that" Iof course say Moscow.

Anyway I wanted a link that western journalists were saying what you quoted (the mainly French?)
Sadly, as I am sure you do appreciate, I am not an Internet Reference Library.
I see possibly hundreds of links every day which relate to a full range of issues in the conflict.
Very obviously I do not save them all just in the off chance.
All of which is complicated by the very deliberate policy of censoring out many none MSM sources and by Search Engines gearing to returning MSM links by the bucket load, which buries deep much of what has evaded the censors.

I do have links to two articles, one by LeMonde and the other the Guardian which discusses the crossing point.
https://www.lemonde.fr/en/international/article/2022/06/22/the-road-to-mariupol-the-civilians-choosing-to-return-to-hell_5987671_4.html
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/31/un-nuclear-ukraine-zaporizhzhia-plant-inspection

There are videos which show the crossing and which shows the that there is far more going in than out. They are very difficult to find, but I will keep trying and will post when I can.

Good old

The Ukrainians deliberately shell their own in hospitals, and humanitarian columns . As if they haven't got enough problems confronting Putins hordes. :(
Western , and NATO countries blow up their own Gas supply lines. As if they haven't got enough problems keeping their economies afloat. :(
But it all makes sense because that's how you confront a military aggressor intent on annexing at least a large part of a sovereign nations territory. In fact it's absolutely out of order the Ukrainian government should fight to keep that territory sovereign . And it's even more out of order anyone should support them doing so. >:(

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 01, 2022, 09:00:32 AM
The link you supplied does not need a VPN to access.

The link you supplied has virtually zero information, why do you think it is a reliable, informative report if the events?

Quite. Also I have seen no credible evidence as to who carried out the attack.

Nalaar

Quote from: Sampanviking on September 30, 2022, 08:55:12 PM
The Kharkov attack?
It was all over social media a couple of days ago, but links to sources that don't fit the NATO narrative are very difficult to access on account of the level of Internet censorship.
I found one in English, far from authoritative and little more than marking that the event happened.
You will need a VPN set to the right place in order to access it.
I was able to do so using Turkey

https://www.plenglish.com/news/2022/09/29/ukrainian-attack-on-refugee-convoy-left-30-killed/

The link you supplied does not need a VPN to access. 

The link you supplied has virtually zero information, why do you think it is a reliable, informative report if the events?
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on September 30, 2022, 08:55:12 PM
The Kharkov attack?
It was all over social media a couple of days ago, but links to sources that don't fit the NATO narrative are very difficult to access on account of the level of Internet censorship.
I found one in English, far from authoritative and little more than marking that the event happened.
You will need a VPN set to the right place in order to access it.
I was able to do so using Turkey

https://www.plenglish.com/news/2022/09/29/ukrainian-attack-on-refugee-convoy-left-30-killed/
Well as you would say "the Ukranians would say that" Iof course say Moscow.

Anyway I wanted a link that western journalists were saying what you quoted (the mainly French?)