What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on August 18, 2024, 10:25:26 PM
Goodness Nick, what were you doing there in 2023? Was it even safe for you to be there?

On second thoughts, maybe you shouldn't answer that :D We might have Russian agents on here
I was working in a place called Pskov, prior contract that I obliged to fulfil. I was challenged at the time, I think by Sampan, so I posted a video of me there.
All my phone details were taken at the 4 hour wait to get through passport control, some may know, but is you dial: *#06# on your phone a lot of info is revealed.
As for Russian agents, we have a constant stream of Russian bots trawling the forum, Yandex, which is a Russian phone company allegedly, but seem to have their fingers in a lot of pies. I am currently trying to block them, which is usually quite easy as you just put some code asking them not to index the site, guess what? they ignore the request so I have done some sneaky stuff and finally blocked them, and Baidu as well. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Scott777 on August 18, 2024, 05:36:50 PM
He declared a "special military operation".  This is not sufficient.
Watch the speech, read the transcript. It's an invasion no matter what propaganda term is used for it.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 18, 2024, 03:26:35 PM
I am fascinated in your blind faith that The Ukraine will win. Can you actually back that up with anything from the ground that supports your view.
Its all the more fascinating as you rightly identify that the Global South is uniting around organisations set up and led by Russia and China, primarily BRICS, but also the SCO and other organisations related to the Belt and Road initiatives.

In trying to isolate Russia, the collective West is succeeding only in Isolating itself and accelerating the the adoption of Eurasian parallel fiscal structures and; consequently accelerating the dumping of the dollar, both in terms of reserves and as the global trading currency. Nothing illustrated this better than Saudi Arabia not renewing its 50 year old agreement with the US to continue with the Petro Dollar.

NATO just looks as flimsy an organisation as an organisation can be, plus for most of its members, its expenditure of equipment to the Ukraine leaving it very exposed and little more than a paper tiger. I have no doubt that Germany's turning off the supply tap is little to do with the "shock news" about the Nord Stream bombers, but much more about the urgent warning from its own Military about the critical depletion of key weapon stocks for its own defence needs.

I have little doubt that Russia will win the war and that its victory will be total. I also have little doubt that the biggest casualty will be NATO's self belief and that it will come down like a house of cards. Most Countries: especially in East Europe, are weather cocks. They swung West in the 90's when Russia lost the Cold War, they will swing back East when Russia wins this one. Especially to a Russia that is aligned with the worlds greatest wealth creation areas in SE Asia.

Well as usual, some of what you write is true but it's mixed in with misleading stuff and sometimes outright untruth

I agree about the petro$ and read about the Saudi thing, also true about some in the BRICs although as I proved earlier many of them have pivoted from Russia too, it's not going as well as you think IMHO. What do you say to India stopping the Russian arms trading? 

Already proved that Germany are going to keep sending aid to Ukraine just using Russian funds they reappropriated, it's not going to end. How much did they take from frozen Russian assets again? Current commitments will continue to be met, just no new ones, not the same as 'stopping aid'. So why would the rest of Europe follow? No indication as of yet that's even close to being true anyway, have you heard otherwise?

What makes you think Russia will win?

The fact is Ukraine can keep going as long as they have men willing to fight, the govt remains intact and aid keeps getting sent and as long as Russia don't take all the capitals.

You should read the Russian military analyst who posts regularly on RT.com and elsewhere

https://eng.globalaffairs.ru/articles/a-difficult-but-necessary-decision/

QuotePerhaps the worst situation may occur if, at the cost of enormous losses, we liberate the whole of Ukraine and remain in ruins with a population that mostly hates us. Its "redemption" will take more than a decade. Any option, especially the latter one, will distract our country from making an urgently needed step to shift its spiritual, economic, and military-political focus to the east of Eurasia. We will get stuck in the west, with no prospects in the foreseeable future, while present-day Ukraine, primarily its central and western regions, will sap managerial, human, and financial resources out the country. These regions were heavily subsidized even in Soviet times. The feud with the West will continue as it will support a low-grade guerrilla civil war.

I read RT.com a lot and now know quite a bit of Russian. I'm rather fond of Russians and their culture, I'm just not keen on the govt, because I'm rarely a fan of most govts..

Even if Russia wins, it loses, because the guerrilla war will never stop. You should learn from the Western Imperialist Neolib nut-nuts who invaded Afghan that it can never work..
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2024, 07:19:15 PM
The only thing you know about Russia is what you read, I on the other hand have been there at least 20 times, the last time was Feb / March 2023: for which I provided proof.
Russia is a complete propaganda lying machine, and nothing that comes from the Kremlin is reliable. I would love to know how you know the Russian media posts the truth, other than that's what you want to believe.
Goodness Nick, what were you doing there in 2023? Was it even safe for you to be there?

On second thoughts, maybe you shouldn't answer that :D We might have Russian agents on here
+++

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on August 18, 2024, 05:46:28 PM
I'm not sure I did, so you will have to point out where.  I'm sure I said Ukrainian revolutionaries were aggressors, with the help of the CIA.
100% you said Ukraine started the whole thing off by removing a pro-Russian president (Yanukovych), that was the aggressive move. I'm on holiday at the moment in India and only have my phone and iPad which makes it harder to search. If someone would kindly quote the post where Scott states Ukraine was the aggressor because they removed their president, sorry, the CIA removed the president  I would appreciate it. 🙏 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2024, 07:44:32 PM
I have yet to find any media/press from any country that posts the truth.
Totally irrelevant. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2024, 07:19:15 PM
 I would love to know how you know the Russian media posts the truth, other than that's what you want to believe.
I have yet to find any media/press from any country that posts the truth.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on August 18, 2024, 05:48:17 PM
That sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.  😁

But seriously, they literally provided livestreams of many protests during lockdown.  How can a livestream not be true?  They provided more truth than our own media, on certain subjects.  If you insist on only listening to one side of an argument, you are a fool to yourself.
The only thing you know about Russia is what you read, I on the other hand have been there at least 20 times, the last time was Feb / March 2023: for which I provided proof. 
Russia is a complete propaganda lying machine, and nothing that comes from the Kremlin is reliable. I would love to know how you know the Russian media posts the truth, other than that's what you want to believe. 

Nick

But seriously, they literally provided livestreams of many protests during lockdown.  How can a livestream not be true?  They provided more truth than our own media, on certain subjects.  If you insist on only listening to one side of an argument, you are a fool to yourself.
How can a live stream not be true? How do you know it was live? 

papasmurf

How can a livestream not be true?  
Quite easily, staged. (Plenty of it on YouTube.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2024, 02:04:31 PM
Russia provides info lol  Nothing that comes out of Russia is true.

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2024, 02:03:06 PM
Now who is backtracking? You said Ukraine was the aggressor.

I'm not sure I did, so you will have to point out where.  I'm sure I said Ukrainian revolutionaries were aggressors, with the help of the CIA.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Borg Refinery on August 18, 2024, 09:20:26 AM
GB News serves Bill Gates, now I've heard it all

You didn't know? 

GB News is (or was) owned by All Perspectives Ltd, which is significantly influenced (via shareholders) by Dubai company, Legatum, which has been funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. 

As GB News is aware of this financial benefit, then it makes sense that they keep pushing vaccines, and fear-mongering about viruses such as Mpox.  GB News censored or omitted important info about the Covid vaccines, such as neglecting to tell everyone they were experimental, had not completed Stage 3 Clinical Trials.  And as I said, they propagandised the protests.

They are effectively marketing vaccines constantly.  This post was 3 hours ago.

Scott777

Barry

Quote from: Borg Refinery on August 18, 2024, 07:22:45 AM
немецкий иди нахи

(Germany go f yourself)

Germany to halt new Ukraine military aid: Report The ban, which is already in place, will affect all new requests for assistance to Kyiv, Germany's FAZ newspaper reported.

This is over the guy they think did the Nord Stream bombing. It might be mostly symbolic however:

It also only affects new requests for aid and not prev auth'd ones, so only time will tell what this really means for Ukraine, maybe the Nemetsy are just sending out a signal to Ukraine not to mess with their gas :D
If Germany stop arming Ukraine, expect the whole of the EU to follow. Zelensky also said that Starmer's attitude towards Ukraine is not as "warm" as the Tories. Surely Zelensky must be worried.
† The end is nigh †