What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on May 06, 2022, 10:21:35 AM
There is only one country that deserves to win this war and that is the sovereign country.
has anyone won yet?

Lost interest a long time ago in this , people believe what they want to belive. On a serious note ,there wont be any winners at all in this , and the ukrainians , who are being given a right using , are going to spend years trying desperately to repair the mess the yanks and biden have left them in.

I suppose the "ukraine war" serves a necessary purpose in taking people minds off the disaster in the uk at the minute though. If o neil become first minister of the 6 counties , that might focus some minds away from events in some unknown country on the other side of europe most folk hadnt heard of before this year.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

There is only one country that deserves to win this war and that is the sovereign country. 

Sampanviking

looks like the cracks are starting to show with a video purporting to be a company of the Ukrainian 79th Brigade that are giving up the fight, citing poor equipment and leadership
Not every Ukrainian soldier is afterall, a rabid ultranationalist.

https://twitter.com/gbazov/status/1522464744866734082?s=20&t=wdTJYSTXJZFY0-sgF0qOOg

Sampanviking

More advances today in the North of the Donbas
This is footage from the outside of a village just to the North of Severdonetsk, where a good chink of territory was retaken by Russian and local forces
There is a lot of very similar footage to this coming out every day now.
This is nicer than most as everybody is alive.

https://twitter.com/AZmilitary1/status/1522308632242802694?s=20&t=hjXK28sNZNNlkFelcV4bAA

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on May 02, 2022, 01:43:52 PM
There have been continual negotiations with the Russians since their tanks rolled over the Ukraine border. The problem is that they have been behaving like playground bullies who don't have any objective other than being playground bullies.
Which pretty much equates to not negotiating. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on May 03, 2022, 02:14:47 PM
If you've not watched this worth it and if you have worth watching again.

If he  hadn't made himself president for life, poisoned people and invaded the Ukraine the way he did other things too I'd have sympathy and some agreement with what he said.

https://youtu.be/hQ58Yv6kP44
Mmm interesting. I still see a wolf in sheep's clothing though. It all sounds very reasonable but I get the feeling that his co-operation would only be if it benefits Russia.

cromwell

If you've not watched this worth it and if you have worth watching again.

If he  hadn't made himself president for life, poisoned people and invaded the Ukraine the way he did other things too I'd have sympathy and some agreement with what he said.

https://youtu.be/hQ58Yv6kP44

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

As far as I have heard Putin only has one negotiation point. Total capitulation of Ukraine. 

Barry

Quote from: patman post on May 02, 2022, 11:45:25 AM
Surely, there will have to be negotiations between Russia and Ukraine — through intermediaries, if necessary — if this war is to end without either side having surrendered or being utterly defeated?

Even if the result was a ceasefire line with some parts of Ukraine ceded to the powerful aggressor's puppets (similar to Korea) that must be better than the continued loss of life and obliteration of the country...
It worked for Turkey in Cyprus, but they are still Pariahs and for that reason they can't join the EU. All actions have consequences.
However, I don't think Russia should gain from their aggression.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

There have been continual negotiations with the Russians since their tanks rolled over the Ukraine border. The problem is that they have been behaving like playground bullies who don't have any objective other than being playground bullies.
I don't disagree, but my comment was in response to:
Quote from: Nick on May 01, 2022, 10:35:57 PM
Why would you need to negotiate with someone who is defending their territory?
You only negotiate with an aggressor, which pretty much tells you all you need to know.
My meaning was that although third parties (the "you" in the comment) will need to assist in negotiations for a ceasefire, any agreement to stop the fighting has to be between Russia and Ukraine...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Good old

Yes, the only negotiation Russia conducts is the exact nature of your capitulation.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on May 02, 2022, 11:45:25 AM
Surely, there will have to be negotiations between Russia and Ukraine — through intermediaries, if necessary — if this war is to end without either side having surrendered or being utterly defeated?

Even if the result was a ceasefire line with some parts of Ukraine ceded to the powerful aggressor's puppets (similar to Korea) that must be better than the continued loss of life and obliteration of the country...

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Nick on May 01, 2022, 10:35:57 PM
Why would you need to negotiate with someone who is defending their territory?
You only negotiate with an aggressor, which pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Even if the result was a ceasefire line with some parts of Ukraine ceded to the powerful aggressor's puppets (similar to Korea) that must be better than the continued loss of life and obliteration of the country...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Anyway if you think our parliament members are a bit barmy,we need to pray for our moss covered queen and eat some porridge :)

If you don't understand this Scott,neither do I :P

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1520120085133897728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1520120085133897728%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?