What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on June 26, 2022, 01:22:05 PM
i see right on cue , the talk this morning is of the tory party rules being changed to make boris face another confidence vote. oh dear.
Do you think that is a result of the Ukraine conflict, Thomas. Is it the bad Ruski's trying to get him out because he supports Z.
† The end is nigh †

Sampanviking

Quote from: Thomas on June 26, 2022, 01:27:43 PM
i dont know what russians drive , but according to reports it looks like lada , toyota and hyundai are quite popular , with pictures i have seen of moscow showing pretty good looking cars of decent quality. A far cry from the picture the west paints of russia in the media.

Mind when we were told at the world cup in 2018 by the media we would be seeing clapped out communist cities and dilapidated stadia? Then we saw sochi.

Russia doesnt look any different from many western areas to me. Of course i havent ever been there , but would like to visit both russia and china.

Well of course, we are perpetually being told that the West is still the only game in town, that we and we alone live in a workers paradise and everybody else lives in an prison camp.

Over the years this narrative and reality have been stretched ever further apart and we now see utterly crazed attempts to distort facts in order to keep this warped narrative alive. This war is simply speeding up its final and total debunking, as the difference between the propaganda we are fed and the reality on the ground, could not be more stark and different.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 26, 2022, 01:20:16 PM
They're used to it,drove old bangers like lada and moskovich for years
i dont know what russians drive , but according to reports it looks like lada , toyota and hyundai are quite popular , with pictures i have seen of moscow showing pretty good looking cars of decent quality. A far cry from the picture the west paints of russia in the media.

Mind when we were told at the world cup in 2018 by the media we would be seeing clapped out communist cities and dilapidated stadia? Then we saw sochi.

Russia doesnt look any different from many western areas to me. Of course i havent ever been there , but would like to visit both russia and china.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

i see right on cue , the talk this morning is of the tory party rules being changed to make boris face another confidence vote. oh dear.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on June 26, 2022, 01:09:52 PM
Nothing.

Sanctions never work and serve only to make us feel that we are doing something when we ain't.

Apparently Russian motor manufacturers are short on vital parts for their new motors, which means that Ivan will have to wait a bit longer to buy his new car.

I can't see Putin bringing the troops home because the electorate is forced to drive old bangers
They're used to it,drove old bangers like lada and moskovich for years
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 26, 2022, 01:09:52 PM
Nothing.

Sanctions never work and serve only to make us feel that we are doing something when we ain't.

Apparently Russian motor manufacturers are short on vital parts for their new motors, which means that Ivan will have to wait a bit longer to buy his new car.

I can't see Putin bringing the troops home because the electorate is forced to drive old bangers
If johnson thinks bleating about russian sanctions is going to save him this winter when blighty turns on the heating and prices rocket , then he should think again.

I would imagine any sympathy people have for ukraine and whats happening is going to disappear quicker than snaw aff a govan dyke in a sunny winters day as soon as the cost of living rises start to bite further when the cold weather comes in.

We either have some incredibly stupid people in power in the west , or there is more to this than meets the eye. Whatever it is , putin isnt backing down anytime soon.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on June 26, 2022, 09:04:53 AM
Ban on Russian gold will 'strike at heart of Putin's war machine' says Johnson

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/ban-on-russian-gold-will-strike-at-heart-of-putins-war-machine-says-johnson/325038

:D

Lets hope the latest plan goes better than the last one on banning russian oil and gas. I do wonder what is actually going on here with these poor attempts at sanctions.

Nothing.

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Thomas

Ban on Russian gold will 'strike at heart of Putin's war machine' says Johnson

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/ban-on-russian-gold-will-strike-at-heart-of-putins-war-machine-says-johnson/325038

:D

Lets hope the latest plan goes better than the last one on banning russian oil and gas. I do wonder what is actually going on here with these poor attempts at sanctions. Are they really trying to harm the russians , or is something else going on we dont know?

Sampanviking

Just for those that still don't get it, here is a video from that Kremlin bot Channel France 24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcQJJIvakwo&t=2s

Sampanviking

Very heavy fog of war today as neither side want to give to many details away about the rapidly unfolding situation in the Donbass

The Ukrainians have admitted that they have had to retreat from the Severdonetsk and all their other nearby positions East of the River and the Russians have confimed taking control. This is literally a day after some 2000 Ukrainian soldiers started to surrender in the Zolote pocket in the South East of the Salient.

The rest is far less clear. The Ukrainians are saying that they only retreated to Lisichansk, but there are also a lot of earlier reports that the Russians had made a deep flanking advance to the West of that City and cut the last supply road to Siversk. Some sources are talking about an ongoing withdraw from the area towards Slavansk, but the such little footage and accounts that are getting out are suggesting that there is a cascading collapse along all the East Salient fronts and that what is going on is currently a rout under the Russian artillery, tank and air attack throughout its entire length.

I daresay we will learn more of this rapidly developing situation over the next few hours and days.
In the meantime a video showing a column of retreating Ukrainians from the area being tracked and attacked by artillery, filmed by spotter drone.
Its a long video at nearly 9mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5DLulgUXgI

Sampanviking

The reality of war with Russia.
A Squad of Ukrainian Infantry are lying in a hastily dug shallow trench and can clearly see the Russian spotter drone that is directing Mortar fire at them.
I really do hope that they surrendered.

https://twitter.com/cpimentel986/status/1539726730960818177?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1539726730960818177%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sinodefenceforum.com%2Ft%2Fthe-war-in-the-ukraine.8948%2Fpage-296

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2022, 08:07:33 PM
And people like you in your country revel at the yanks interference in NI and can't wait to tell us.
how so? Im pointing out the schrodingers mentality time and again of the british telling the world america is your bestest bestest friends while they interfere in domestic politics repeatedly.

I dont want them to interfere anywhere , including obama interfereing in scot indy in 2014 , brexit 2016 , or biden in northern ireland 2022. Not sure what part of that you dont understand. 

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on June 21, 2022, 03:17:06 PM
I'm no football enthusiast but it's like football, see . . . If your side scores a goal it's a good thing, if your opponent scores a goal it's a bad thing. It's quite simple to understand really.
poor analogy. The football analogy would be ukraine versus russia at footbal , with america coaching ukraine and cheering them on , and England being the water carrier.

Russia is currently 3 -0 up , the american coach is a bit senile , and the football press are trying desperately to spin it as a victorious defeat for ukraine.

In the other group match , England is playing Ireland  , with the irish two one up. The irish have a german coach , and a french assistant , with the northern irish orangeman the english water carrier. The england fans are getting nervous and angry , and the english prime minister has stepped in at half time to offer the refferee a few quid and a party at number ten afterwards.

Quite simple to understand really quackers.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 19, 2022, 09:38:34 AM
Thats what i dont understand. People in your country get angry when they interfere in a part of the uk , but stay silent when they interfere in places like ukraine. Its as if we have learned nothing after libya , afghanistan iraq and many other countires.

American leaves devastation in its wakes and everyone else picks up the pieces.

Blair gets awarded for iraq and being bushes bumboy , assange gets imprisoned for reporting on it.as ive said from day one.
And people like you in your country revel at the yanks interference in NI and can't wait to tell us.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?