Main Menu

Mrs Rishi non dom?

Started by T00ts, April 07, 2022, 01:29:43 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 10, 2022, 01:28:09 AM
But she hasn't, has she.

She, and every one of her immigrant pals from the continent if India over here swilling in money are screwing us over in a way no real citizen of the United Kingdom is allowed to.

Most non-doms come from Western Europe, India, and the US. There are also sizeable minorities from other English-speaking countries. Since 2001, there has been a rapid rise in the number of non-doms from India, China and the former Soviet states.

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/research/centres/cage/manage/publications/bn36.2022.pdf

The [Akshata Murty] story is not without irony. Dhana Sabanathan, partner at law firm Winckworth Sherwood, said: "It is perhaps fitting that a concept introduced in 1799 to protect colonial interests of the British in India, is now being used by wealthy Indians in the UK."

https://www.ft.com/content/81379a7a-5182-4845-b279-570b99406b5e
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on April 10, 2022, 01:10:37 PM
Leaking tax records is illegal, what she has done isn't.
Ah they're going to have a leak enquiry

My missus saw that headline on the news and it took her thirty minutes to stop laughing.

There used to be this WONDERFUL programme on the Beeb called Yes PRIME minister. A sequel to Yes Minister. And some people thought it was fiction.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on April 10, 2022, 01:34:27 PM
Probably but without integrity you have nothing. I read that somewhere or another. Enjoy your time in the barrel.
Perhaps you should heed it.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on April 10, 2022, 01:10:37 PM
Probably but without integrity you have nothing. I read that somewhere or another. Enjoy your time in the barrel. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on April 10, 2022, 10:48:41 AM
LOL well there will be an inquiry, about who leaked what, you couldn't make it up so I didn't.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

LOL well there will be an inquiry, about who leaked what, you couldn't make it up so I didn't.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on April 09, 2022, 10:37:18 AM
As said before, Mrs Rishi has ponyed up and got nothing in return except some racist filth
But she hasn't, has she. 

She, and every one of her immigrant pals from the continent if India over here swilling in money are screwing us over in a way no real citizen of the United Kingdom is allowed to.

I'm all for systems that protect me from being screwed by the tax authorities of two countries for the same earnings 

Like several on here I've paid tax in one country and told a second to F@@@ off. In my case I chose to let my company pay tax in the UK on contracts signed in the UK and performed in France and Belgium and told the frogs to go F@@@ themselves.

Others I've worked alongside tell me how they previously worked outside the UK and left the money given to them for that in banks outside the UK because of the outrageous whack the revenue would want if they repatriated that money. Thus bitch us using her status as a non Dom to dodge that and that's not on.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on April 08, 2022, 05:24:45 PM
It doesn't necessarily cost anything to be tax non domicile.
I qualified as non dom for a couple of years once, I was in the U.K. less than 90 days in a year.
Working  overseas is a bit different to living here and registering as such to protect overseas investments 

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on April 09, 2022, 02:15:15 PM
Rishi Sunak 'Green Card' leads to questions for Joe Biden's White House - Mirror Online
I mean WTF? doesn't that mean he has a conflict of interest?
Apparently a select few knew (Mandarins) this because he had to confess conflicts of interest. I would have thought his whole role in the treasury constituted a conflict of interest.

Sheepy

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on April 09, 2022, 11:52:58 AM
You mean John saying that Mrs Rishi should be sent back to India? No I don't. It was a racist comment and if you don't think so, well Ollie, I thought better of you.
No I meant you complaining when some of yours had been removed :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on April 09, 2022, 11:22:47 AM
Bit rich considering wouldn't you say? :P

You mean John saying that Mrs Rishi should be sent back to India? No I don't. It was a racist comment and if you don't think so, well Ollie, I thought better of you.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on April 09, 2022, 10:37:18 AM
As said before, Mrs Rishi has ponyed up and got nothing in return except some racist filth
Bit rich considering wouldn't you say? :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 09, 2022, 12:51:31 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61045825

It seems she's now hoping that handing 2.1 million of her dividend income from Infosys to HMRC will divert attention from the fact her £30k a year will relieve her kids / benefactors of the need to lose £280 MILLION on her death.

I think if Rishi expects to be believed in any further stand up performances at the despatch box he needs to do something about that. Which might mean sending her packing back to India ...

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on April 09, 2022, 12:26:00 AM
Relative tax contributions, what's that worth to anyone?
she has got every penny she owns legally and has paid what she is legally due to pay. So what's your problem?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61045825

It seems she's now hoping that handing 2.1 million of her dividend income from Infosys to HMRC will divert attention from the fact her £30k a year will relieve her kids / benefactors of the need to lose £280 MILLION on her death.

I think if Rishi expects to be believed in any further stand up performances at the despatch box he needs to do something about that. Which might mean sending her packing back to India ...