Putin threatens UK

Started by cromwell, April 28, 2022, 12:07:10 AM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on May 16, 2022, 06:52:44 PM
2014 invasion. Your knowledge of democracy is absolutely zero.

So no evidence then.  I guess our chat has wound up, since I have no idea what your cryptic comment means.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on May 16, 2022, 05:17:58 PM
Saddam was never any comparison insofar as his countries ability to wage war on us 

Oh but he was, according to all the media.  Has it not occurred to you that all you know about Putin's threat is what the media tells you?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 16, 2022, 04:20:04 PM
Should we bow to Putin's threats?
No.
And the more I read of Russian forces being pushed back to the border, the more I feel like rejoicing, despite the loss of life — though if I were to mourn, the reported barbaric actions of the Russian troops put them way down my list of worthy causes...
Don't think we need to be concerned about Russia's conventional threat. On the Ukrainian showing, the U.K. would wipe Russia of the map, and that's why Putin uses the nuclear threat all the time. He's taken Russia back 40 years in a matter of months, and he's not even going to win. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on May 16, 2022, 04:03:33 PM
No John, I just want Nick to prove it is still sovereign, especially after the 2014 revolution.  He is obsessed with proof, so must be very excited to provide some.  😁
2014 invasion. Your knowledge of democracy is absolutely zero. 

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on May 16, 2022, 04:10:18 PM
Was the government installed democratically after the 2014 revolution?  Will all your money and weapons stop the invasion, or help Nazis grow, or maybe fall into the hands of the Russians?  You are simplifying the situation, just like bombing Iraq was the simple way to stop Saddam.  And that's our taxes which are NOT going into our healthcare, and our food and fuel prices going up.
You are making simple comparisons,I opposed Bliars illegal war.

Saddam was never any comparison insofar as his countries ability to wage war on us and threaten as Putin has.......Ukraine and Iraq cannot be compared.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Should we bow to Putin's threats? 
No.
And the more I read of Russian forces being pushed back to the border, the more I feel like rejoicing, despite the loss of life — though if I were to mourn, the reported barbaric actions of the Russian troops put them way down my list of worthy causes...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on May 16, 2022, 01:41:33 PM
No it isn't the point,we're supporting a democratically elected govt against an invasion.

Was the government installed democratically after the 2014 revolution?  Will all your money and weapons stop the invasion, or help Nazis grow, or maybe fall into the hands of the Russians?  You are simplifying the situation, just like bombing Iraq was the simple way to stop Saddam.  And that's our taxes which are NOT going into our healthcare, and our food and fuel prices going up.

Scott777

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 16, 2022, 03:23:15 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_State_Sovereignty_of_Ukraine

Well Scotty, the interesting point made here is that Ukraine made its declaration to be a sovereign, self governing state some time AFTER Russia made that same declaration about itself, defining its borders to exclude Ukraine.

So unless you're trying to tell me Russia can say one thing one day and something else the next and should be allowed to, Yiu can shove that in your warp drive and choke on it

No John, I just want Nick to prove it is still sovereign, especially after the 2014 revolution.  He is obsessed with proof, so must be very excited to provide some.  😁

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on May 16, 2022, 08:16:35 AM
So you can't provide any links, then?  Okie dokie.  🤣  Can you provide proof that Ukraine was a sovereign state?  Please put a link to the proof.  But no, I don't suppose you can, because you're only able to post fake BBC news.  😁
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_State_Sovereignty_of_Ukraine

Well Scotty, the interesting point made here is that Ukraine made its declaration to be a sovereign, self governing state some time AFTER Russia made that same declaration about itself, defining its borders to exclude Ukraine.

So unless you're trying to tell me Russia can say one thing one day and something else the next and should be allowed to, Yiu can shove that in your warp drive and choke on it
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on May 16, 2022, 12:59:34 PM
But are you defending the arms and funding to Nazis?  That was the point, which you turned into something else about Nazis in Russia.
No it isn't the point,we're supporting a democratically elected govt against an invasion.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on May 16, 2022, 12:38:12 PM
Russia recognised the independence of the Ukraine in 1991.

And the proof that it was a sovereign state in 2022, please.  Just pop it in a reply, there's a good boy.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on May 16, 2022, 10:31:59 AM
Now you are making things up,I don't defend nazis......

But are you defending the arms and funding to Nazis?  That was the point, which you turned into something else about Nazis in Russia.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on May 16, 2022, 08:16:35 AM
So you can't provide any links, then?  Okie dokie.  🤣  Can you provide proof that Ukraine was a sovereign state?  Please put a link to the proof.  But no, I don't suppose you can, because you're only able to post fake BBC news.  😁
Russia recognised the independence of the Ukraine in 1991. 

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on May 16, 2022, 10:14:41 AM
This is why you are missing the point.  The pictures I posted are not just skull and crossbones, they are specifically 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf.  You are then reducing that to any skull and crossbones.  Your link does not appear to show a 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf. The picture posted by Zelensky shows a 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf.  However, if your picture is the same one, then you are still missing the point, which is that we shouldn't be arming and funding ANYONE who is using Nazis, and who had Nazis as MPs, and your defence is that it's ok, because Russia has Nazis too?  Seriously?
Now you are making things up,I don't defend nazis......neither do I defend Russian aggresion (or anybodies for that matter) but I am not having the Ukraine falsely portrayed as a nazi loving to excuse Putins actions.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on May 16, 2022, 09:19:21 AM
I've tried to point out to you that a skull and cross bones is widely used by military around the world but you wont have it,here's a link to a russian backed fighter getting a medal for killing nazis
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-mariupol-azov-nazi-1695125
Mind you the skull has got something on his head so you'll say it's not the same........is he a nazi? I don't really know.

This is why you are missing the point.  The pictures I posted are not just skull and crossbones, they are specifically 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf.  You are then reducing that to any skull and crossbones.  Your link does not appear to show a 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf. The picture posted by Zelensky shows a 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf.  However, if your picture is the same one, then you are still missing the point, which is that we shouldn't be arming and funding ANYONE who is using Nazis, and who had Nazis as MPs, and your defence is that it's ok, because Russia has Nazis too?  Seriously?