The bible and women

Started by Barry, January 12, 2020, 12:12:41 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: T00ts post_id=12940 time=1578835248 user_id=54
I am assuming that you accept the Resurrection which is the rejoining of body and spirit. Therefore surely it is only logical that the body will be as we knew it, thus male or female.

"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have" (Luke 24:39).

We'll have new bodies, won't we?

Anything is possible. I'd rather have a new one, this one is starting to fail!
† The end is nigh †

Barry

I did say suggesting, T00ts, I might bow to your better female knowledge.  ;)
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=12928 time=1578831161 user_id=51
Some people think that the Bible puts women in second place, which some verses do, but other verses definitely do no.

I believe that God treats us all equally - according to this verse of the day I had as an email this morning.

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3 26-28 (NIV)

We are all sinners, there is only one way to salvation, through faith in Christ. Childbirth does not save women. Actions do not save anyone. Salvation has already been paid for, whether male or female. Those who believe become children of God. Suggesting there's no male and female in the afterlife.

Oh dear I was with you so far then the last sentence really rattled me. Why would you think that there is no male/female genders in afterlife?

For me this is not a reference to the afterlife but this life. He was speaking to the Galatians as they struggled to live the Gospel within the structure of Jesus' Church which he had established. The point was I believe, that Paul was pointing out to them that their baptism made them one with each other in their belief and faith in Jesus. There was no discrimination or inequality with the Church.  There are many references to Jesus saying He was one with the Father, this meant that He was of one mind, one intention, one plan with His Father.

I am assuming that you accept the Resurrection which is the rejoining of body and spirit. Therefore surely it is only logical that the body will be as we knew it, thus male or female.

"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have" (Luke 24:39).

Barry

Some people think that the Bible puts women in second place, which some verses do, but other verses definitely do no.

I believe that God treats us all equally - according to this verse of the day I had as an email this morning.

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3 26-28 (NIV)

We are all sinners, there is only one way to salvation, through faith in Christ. Childbirth does not save women. Actions do not save anyone. Salvation has already been paid for, whether male or female. Those who believe become children of God. Suggesting there's no male and female in the afterlife.
† The end is nigh †