The bible and women

Started by Barry, January 12, 2020, 12:12:41 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13086 time=1578940595 user_id=50
Does it say anything about them getting the fecking shirts ironed?

Don't you know how to iron? I find that very hard to believe. My husband did all the ironing (ex army) but mainly to earn brownie points so he could watch interminable footy. Anyway he did it better than me.  :D  :D

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=13085 time=1578939369 user_id=51
I have an old friend with a Sally Army background who I've not seen for some years. However, he introduced me to the concept of the "loose leaf bible" where people just decide which pages they like and discard ones that they don't. When I found out the minister of our church was one of these people, I decided to stop going.

There are people who think Jesus was just here to teach us how to live. However, if he had not been born of a virgin, without sin, and died as a substitution for our punishment so that we might be redeemed, He would not have achieved God's purpose. As you so rightly say, Jesus' arrival was predicted in the OT so many times, even from Genesis. Yet many Christians don't believe key points of faith in the Bible. Fortunately, Mary, his mother did believe, saw him crucified and still believed. Of course, men with their self confessed "intellectuality" think they are above God and scripture.

Thank you so much Barry, you are just so right. There are times when I really feel I am banging my head against a wall. Someone on this thread suggested a woman's posture would be improved by balancing a Bible on her head. My Scriptures are so special in my home I couldn't imagine treating the word of God in such a way. Especially as I would probably drop it.  :roll: I try to read some every day and am currently re-reading the New Testament. Every time I do I understand something new. It is my constant prayer that more would just look at the tremendous blessings that God gives us and have the courage to give Him the credit for them. Sadly it seems that the prophesies that we see so much in the Bible since time began are beginning to come true in these last days and there is not much we can do about it while such disbelief continues. The Bible shows us that each time mankind stops believing there is disaster, yet few are prepared to even investigate.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13086 time=1578940595 user_id=50

Message from my wife:- What is an iron?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Barry

Quote from: T00ts post_id=13083 time=1578938707 user_id=54
You can try and twist my words to suit your own misogynistic agenda as much as you like it makes absolutely no difference to me. On the other hand your cherry picking to support your apparently rather warped view of women is hard to believe. If you are going to quote the Bible I suggest you read it properly.

I have an old friend with a Sally Army background who I've not seen for some years. However, he introduced me to the concept of the "loose leaf bible" where people just decide which pages they like and discard ones that they don't. When I found out the minister of our church was one of these people, I decided to stop going.

There are people who think Jesus was just here to teach us how to live. However, if he had not been born of a virgin, without sin, and died as a substitution for our punishment so that we might be redeemed, He would not have achieved God's purpose. As you so rightly say, Jesus' arrival was predicted in the OT so many times, even from Genesis. Yet many Christians don't believe key points of faith in the Bible. Fortunately, Mary, his mother did believe, saw him crucified and still believed. Of course, men with their self confessed "intellectuality" think they are above God and scripture.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13050 time=1578920374 user_id=74
So you say the teaching of the bible, with one or two exceptions, is just relevant to the time.

I'll revert back to my original view then in that case, that you are cherry-picking the bits that suit your "lifestyle".

You can try and twist my words to suit your own misogynistic agenda as much as you like it makes absolutely no difference to me. On the other hand your cherry picking to support your apparently rather warped view of women is hard to believe. If you are going to quote the Bible I suggest you read it properly.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13075 time=1578933063 user_id=89
For your interest:-

More at link:-

https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/madame-c-j-walker">https://www.history.com/topics/black-hi ... c-j-walker">https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/madame-c-j-walker

Madam C. J. Walker (1867-1919) was lauded as "the first black woman millionaire in America" for her successful line of hair care products. Born Sarah Breedlove, she was widowed by age 20 and took work as a laundress. After seeking treatment for hair loss, she developed the "Walker system" and sold her homemade products directly to black women. A talent for self-promotion helped build a booming enterprise, and she spent lavishly on luxurious homes. Walker also funded scholarships for women at the Tuskegee Institute and donated large sums to the NAACP, the black YMCA and dozens of other charities.

Sure and there was Coco Chanel as well.

Yes of course you do get the odd example of a woman making it in business, but this set-up is excluding men. You would imagine Coco was quite happy around men and did no such thing.

We see this thing time and time again. People spent a lot of time in the media with theories of why the BNP became so popular. There was some stuff on Radio 4 last night on asking why the Nazis managed it. We understand the mechanisms very well, but woe betide anyone who applies the same theories to feminism. Theories are only supposed to support the establishment line.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13072 time=1578928355 user_id=74
My listening is quite good and my memory.

This is what they were saying. They went into a fair bit of detail to show how only recently have these women venture capital firms been around. They said the top one is worth a billion dollars. It's a product of Uncle Sam, as you might have guessed by now. His sisters are tooling up.

For your interest:-

More at link:-

https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/madame-c-j-walker">https://www.history.com/topics/black-hi ... c-j-walker">https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/madame-c-j-walker

Madam C. J. Walker (1867-1919) was lauded as "the first black woman millionaire in America" for her successful line of hair care products. Born Sarah Breedlove, she was widowed by age 20 and took work as a laundress. After seeking treatment for hair loss, she developed the "Walker system" and sold her homemade products directly to black women. A talent for self-promotion helped build a booming enterprise, and she spent lavishly on luxurious homes. Walker also funded scholarships for women at the Tuskegee Institute and donated large sums to the NAACP, the black YMCA and dozens of other charities.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13071 time=1578927130 user_id=89
History not your strong point?

My listening is quite good and my memory.

This is what they were saying. They went into a fair bit of detail to show how only recently have these women venture capital firms been around. They said the top one is worth a billion dollars. It's a product of Uncle Sam, as you might have guessed by now. His sisters are tooling up.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13069 time=1578926640 user_id=74
Women only firms are a new thing in my experience.

History not your strong point?

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13067 time=1578926415 user_id=89
I suspect you are referring  to "Feminazis," not feminists.

Women only firms are a new thing in my experience. Think about it. New = more extreme.

Feminazi have been around for a while.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13066 time=1578925988 user_id=74
It's the pot calling the kettle black. These feminists have a hatred for men in case you have not noticed.

I suspect you are referring  to "Feminazis," not feminists.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=13062 time=1578925060 user_id=70
Wonder if there'd be a perceived need for feminists in 2020 if misogyny wasn't still so widespread...

It's the pot calling the kettle black. These feminists have a hatred for men in case you have not noticed.

johnofgwent

My problem as you might guess is the interpretation of the epistles of st paul the misogynist by those who claim to follow his word.

Stuff like telling women to stfu and wait till they get home and then ask their husbands what the rabbi said or meant ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Wonder if there'd be a perceived need for feminists in 2020 if misogyny wasn't still so widespread...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...