The Bells the Bells

Started by Streetwalker, January 16, 2020, 01:40:15 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

o/t , talking of labour someone was just saying there over on the scottish sites that the uk government will spend over £200 billion servicing labours PFI debts using our taxpayers money , more than 6 times the uk governments deficit from 2018 to put it into perspective.

Bastards should not be allowed near power ever again.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=13459 time=1579274627 user_id=54
We have every right to celebrate that Democracy was honoured at last.

You do toots and dont let anyone put you off.

When we lost the 2014 indyref , i was just remembering there quite a few occassions  on the old forum where quackers gloated to me about scotland still being part of the uk.

He didnt confront me directly , more in his usual cowardly manner of posting in a thread addressed to no one in general , some sarky remark about the union remaining intact knowing full well i was posting in the thread and reading what was being said.

So dont think for one moment had the boot been on the other foot remainers in england like quackers wouldnt be celebrating the fact democracy hadnt been honoured had labour and the liberals won the general election.

T00ts

We have every right to celebrate that Democracy was honoured at last.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=13450 time=1579272896 user_id=51
Well, your infobible, Wikipedia, says this.

After the way you anti-democratic remainers have behaved it won't hurt to have a little celebration. After all, not so long ago, you were taking the rise at our lack of demonstrations in the streets. Just because you have finally and grudgingly accepted what is inevitable, doesn't mean we should not be happy to be free of the EU political system. So suck it up.

"When the fox bites, smile"

I don't think duckie ever read Heinlein.

:D  :D
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

After the way you anti-democratic remainers have behaved it won't hurt to have a little celebration. After all, not so long ago, you were taking the rise at our lack of demonstrations in the streets. Just because you have finally and grudgingly accepted what is inevitable, doesn't mean we should not be happy to be free of the EU political system. So suck it up.

Well after all the anti democratic things quackers said over the last few years , and his subtle gloating that remainers  in the commons were holding brexit back until the election routed them , i think you have every reason to celebrate , but also remain wary.

As for quackers , im sorry but i would be rubbing his feckin nose in brexit long and hard each and every day after his behaviour over the last four years.

I can assure you barry , if scotland ever gets its independence, while i will always hope scotland and england remain friends , by feck i wont hesitate to rub quackers face right in the shite every chance i get.

Just when you reach your low point over political issues such as brexit or scottish indy , along comes quackers to spur on the troops with his verbal diarrhea , and up the flagging spirits making people even more determined to struggle on.

Every political campaign needs a hyper quack quack in opposition to spur it on to victory. :lol:

Thomas

Lotsov talking bollocks yet again barry?

Well i never.!!! :lol:

papasmurf

See how happy you will be by January 2021. (I suspect not very.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13444 time=1579271114 user_id=74
You know why it is called Wetherspoons?

The chap who founded it had a miserable teacher that kept on picking on him and told him he would never get anywhere in life. So he named it after this teacher.

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=13449 time=1579272551 user_id=103
I'm against any celebration of Brexit.  Sadly it looks like a fact now, we'll be leaving the EU on January 31st and there's not much we can do about it.  The government was voted in on a mandate to do it.

But roughly half of the country are not happy about leaving the EU and any so-called celebration is likely to be seen as triumphalism by Brexiters aimed at remainers.  All that will do is inflame opinion more, perpetuate division and make our country look even more ridiculous than it does already to the rest of the world.

† The end is nigh †

Hyperduck Quack Quack

I'm against any celebration of Brexit.  Sadly it looks like a fact now, we'll be leaving the EU on January 31st and there's not much we can do about it.  The government was voted in on a mandate to do it.

But roughly half of the country are not happy about leaving the EU and any so-called celebration is likely to be seen as triumphalism by Brexiters aimed at remainers.  All that will do is inflame opinion more, perpetuate division and make our country look even more ridiculous than it does already to the rest of the world.

patman post

Quote from: GerryT post_id=13405 time=1579229633 user_id=61
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Did you read the article, current EU tariffs on beer =0

Weatherspoons cuts the price of local beer by 20p and his share price drops 1.8%

WHy would you link this total fu#k up as an example of whats great about brexit. You really gave me a great laugh there.

Whatever your point, the punters are now getting their beer 20p a pint cheaper...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=13427 time=1579257177 user_id=53
That surprises me in every single Wetherspoons Ive been in and trust me its quite a few I have never waited more than anything that could be called unacceptable ,there are always plenty of staff about and the beers good .  

The long walk to the bogs is a pain I agree but is easily overcome by using the disabled toilets . Just tell the staff ,they wont mind and if a few regulars are in you will see they do the same .

If any areas of the pub are 'filthy' you should write to head office . All Wetherspoons  have a 5 star hygiene rating  as  a matter of course including the one in Penzance if thats your local one . They wouldn't get it if it was filthy , are you sure you didn't have something on your shoe papa ?

The menu's are great , offering fresh cooked fare  . Yes they stopped the Sunday roasts though do offer Steaks and lamb shanks  on a Sunday .  To be honest when I go to strange town and cant find anywhere reasonable too eat the local  'spoons ' is my default option .Cheap beer , decent grub and a copy of the in house mag to read if your on your lonesome .

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/">https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/

You know why it is called Wetherspoons?

The chap who founded it had a miserable teacher that kept on picking on him and told him he would never get anywhere in life. So he named it after this teacher.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Major Sinic

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=13343 time=1579192523 user_id=70
So much for "Let's bring our country together". Jubilation parties by Leavers who won will not win the support of Remainers who know they are right...

I think that you may mean 'believe' they are right. Neither Leave nor Remain supporters can possibly 'know' they are right at this early stage. Any Leaver or Remainer who truly thinks that they know they are right is either a fool or supremely arrogant or perhaps both.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=13427 time=1579257177 user_id=53
That surprises me in every single Wetherspoons Ive been in and trust me its quite a few I have never waited more than anything that could be called unacceptable ,there are always plenty of staff about and the beers good .  

The long walk to the bogs is a pain I agree but is easily overcome by using the disabled toilets . Just tell the staff ,they wont mind and if a few regulars are in you will see they do the same .

If any areas of the pub are 'filthy' you should write to head office . All Wetherspoons  have a 5 star hygiene rating  as  a matter of course including the one in Penzance if thats your local one . They wouldn't get it if it was filthy , are you sure you didn't have something on your shoe papa ?

The menu's are great , offering fresh cooked fare  . Yes they stopped the Sunday roasts though do offer Steaks and lamb shanks  on a Sunday .  To be honest when I go to strange town and cant find anywhere reasonable too eat the local  'spoons ' is my default option .Cheap beer , decent grub and a copy of the in house mag to read if your on your lonesome .

I suggest you try the Wetherspoons in Helston, I am surprised it is still open. (At first I thought the problems were a one off, but nothing changed over nearly a year.)

If you think the menus are great I can't think why. There appears to be little what I call food on the menu.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13414 time=1579249050 user_id=89
I stopped using the local Wetherspoons a long time ago. A long wait to get served even when the place is near empty, it appears only one member of staff is capable of changing a barrel, it is a very long walk up flights of stairs to the toilets, the area in the front of the bar so filthy your shoes stick to it, there is no longer do Sunday roast, and the choice on the menu is rubbish.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/">https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT post_id=13405 time=1579229633 user_id=61
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Did you read the article, current EU tariffs on beer =0

Weatherspoons cuts the price of local beer by 20p and his share price drops 1.8%

WHy would you link this total fu#k up as an example of whats great about brexit. You really gave me a great laugh there.

I stopped using the local Wetherspoons a long time ago. A long wait to get served even when the place is near empty, it appears only one member of staff is capable of changing a barrel, it is a very long walk up flights of stairs to the toilets, the area in the front of the bar so filthy your shoes stick to it, there is no longer do Sunday roast, and the choice on the menu is rubbish.