Latest Chinese export - coronavirus COVID-19

Started by Barry, January 20, 2020, 06:19:29 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=18370 time=1583966937 user_id=103
Are sure about that?  China and South Korea introduced 'lockdown' a few weeks ago and new cases of Covid-19 have plummeted, as has the daily death toll.  The science is that if you prevent people coming into contact with each other as much as is practically possible, there is much less scope for the virus to spread.  

There's a website that records all these statistics but it's down at the moment

On the basis of what's happened in China and South Korea, one would expect to see the new cases in Italy start to drop in the next week or two, with the death rate lagging a bit behind that.  Meanwhile our government decides to invest its way out of the pandemic by spending billions on new roads.

It was an attempt at a moment of light-heartedness. I am worried enough at present.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Quote from: T00ts post_id=18236 time=1583763899 user_id=54
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Well Science hasn't got this virus sussed yet so not much hope for the Mods eh!!

Are sure about that?  China and South Korea introduced 'lockdown' a few weeks ago and new cases of Covid-19 have plummeted, as has the daily death toll.  The science is that if you prevent people coming into contact with each other as much as is practically possible, there is much less scope for the virus to spread.  

There's a website that records all these statistics but it's down at the moment

On the basis of what's happened in China and South Korea, one would expect to see the new cases in Italy start to drop in the next week or two, with the death rate lagging a bit behind that.  Meanwhile our government decides to invest its way out of the pandemic by spending billions on new roads.

Barry

Quote from: Borchester post_id=18367 time=1583964655 user_id=62
Possibly we could lighten the tone a bit.

I reckon that the total death toll due to the corona virus will be less than 300 by Christmas. If I am wrong then I will give my £200 coal allowance to any goody goody charity the board cares to name. If I am right whoever takes me up on the wager will give a similar sum to a beggar on the condition that he or she spends the money on drugs and drink.

Any takers?

You do play fast and furious with your precious spondooliks!

I reckon 1% of 50% of 45 million, 225,000.

With strict government quarantines and isolations. maybe 22,500, the average age will be 70 ish.

I'd like to give the 200 quid to https://www.hopeforpodencos.com/">//https://www.hopeforpodencos.com/. Muchas gracias, hombre.  :)
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=18367 time=1583964655 user_id=62

I reckon that the total death toll due to the corona virus will be less than 300 by Christmas. If I am wrong then I will give my £200 coal allowance to any goody goody charity the board cares to name. If I am right whoever takes me up on the wager will give a similar sum to a beggar on the condition that he or she spends the money on drugs and drink.

Any takers?

You are so incorrigible!! I can't agree to the drugs and drink bit.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=18263 time=1583785372 user_id=51
It's the talking point wherever you go. A bit depressing, really, but it is what it is. 💩💩💩

Any takers?
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18359 time=1583952109 user_id=48
There are far too many people in my area at least being fobbed off by 111 for it to be anything but fact,bloody shambles one bloke on local tv being sent on magic roundabout from agency to agency.

A woman rocked up to reception at the hospital today and asked us where the 111 Pod was.

She said she had been advised by 111 to go and get tested. The Pod is outside in the car park to ensure people with the virus do not come into the hospital. The signing outside could have been better, but I suppose people who think they have it, are preoccupied.

I gave the public counter a quick wipe with an antiseptic cloth as soon as she had left and washed my hands for the umpteenth time.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=18363 time=1583958802 user_id=62
The serious faces are because there is sod all else that can be done.This bug is a virus and there isn't any cure for a virus. I know that because Doctor Sutcliffe told me so fifty years ago and he was a real doctor. So as I have said before, take plenty of brandy, bedrest and self pity and the bug will have burned itself out by summer.

The age group most at risk is that of cottontops such as myself so if this idiotic fuss has any basis in reality and were I to end up in a foul puddle of my own wastes and die an obscene and needless death, I shall contrive to return and say to the rest of the board, "Oops, got that one wrong." But I don't think that I have.

If I'm still here I'll hold you to that!   :roll:

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=18362 time=1583957497 user_id=54
Now 8 dead. It seems nothing but we don't hear who of those tested positive are very ill in intensive care on life support. The government does know I'm sure, hence the serious faces and budget.

The serious faces are because there is sod all else that can be done.This bug is a virus and there isn't any cure for a virus. I know that because Doctor Sutcliffe told me so fifty years ago and he was a real doctor. So as I have said before, take plenty of brandy, bedrest and self pity and the bug will have burned itself out by summer.

The age group most at risk is that of cottontops such as myself so if this idiotic fuss has any basis in reality and were I to end up in a foul puddle of my own wastes and die an obscene and needless death, I shall contrive to return and say to the rest of the board, "Oops, got that one wrong." But I don't think that I have.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Now 8 dead. It seems nothing but we don't hear who of those tested positive are very ill in intensive care on life support. The government does know I'm sure, hence the serious faces and budget.

cromwell

There are far too many people in my area at least being fobbed off by 111 for it to be anything but fact,bloody shambles one bloke on local tv being sent on magic roundabout from agency to agency.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Italy death toll up by nearly a third over 800,and we are panicking over nothing?

Barry

The W.H.O. have finally accepted that this is a World pandemic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51839944">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51839944

They are suggesting that countries are not doing enough. More drastic action required.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=18349 time=1583927411 user_id=89
Just had a delivery from China, several weeks before it was expected, and in time for my holiday.

Disinfect it!

papasmurf

Just had a delivery from China, several weeks before it was expected, and in time for my holiday.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Don't panic Captain Mainwaring there's plenty of bog rolls  :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-51823128/coronavirus-don-t-panic-be-community-minded-says-loo-roll-boss">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-51823128/coronavirus-don-t-panic-be-community-minded-says-loo-roll-boss