Main Menu

More graft needed

Started by T00ts, August 17, 2022, 03:08:32 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 19, 2022, 09:16:32 AM
Most of our workforce are lazy buggers we need to lower corporation tax and increase profits for those at the top of the food chain.

Trickle down.
Singapore on Thames.
Put Britain first.

As was written in Britannia Unchained, the attitude towards work is very different in say...China.

Changing that was one of the prime reasons I voted to leave in 2016.
Sorry mate, you're losing your touch. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HallowedBrexit

Most of our workforce are lazy buggers we need to lower corporation tax and increase profits for those at the top of the food chain.

Trickle down.
Singapore on Thames.
Put Britain first.

As was written in Britannia Unchained, the attitude towards work is very different in say...China.

Changing that was one of the prime reasons I voted to leave in 2016.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2022, 05:01:09 PM
Answer this: How many Civil Cervantes were laid off during Covid? Answer none.

They were too busy tilting at windmills
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on August 17, 2022, 05:06:03 PM
Massive Tory cuts have not exactly helped here. Own that before you start attacking workers.
Answer this: How many Civil Cervantes were laid off during Covid? Answer none.
How many stayed at home when they were asked to go back to the office and do their job? Answer thousands.
As I've said, one of my employees has waited 6 months for a passport, they've lost her birth certificate, her marriage certificate and taken £187 in the process. 
Zero to do with Tory cuts. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Thick Lizzie currently has a receptive audience for her views. But digging down, it seems likely that workers are only as good as the equipment, tools, and rules allow them to be.

Doing nothing more than listening to radio phone-ins, and news radio that exists on outside contributors, instantly informs the listener that all is not well with the state's current infrastructure.

And try travelling cross-country on bus, train, and plane  and see the problems and costs of transport compared to supposedly third-world countries like the Philippines.

The next PM has to look at reasons why, not blame the population for the administration's failures...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 17, 2022, 06:53:13 PMyou simply won't accept that there are faults on all sides.
Funny that. Because I could say exactly the same about you.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 17, 2022, 06:53:13 PM
Sorry guys but all that does is make me think you simply won't accept that there are faults on all sides. I am more than prepared to see that profits come first and it is unhealthy to put it mildly but it seems to me that the guy or gal slogging away at the bottom of the so called pile is an angel as far as you are concerned. Let's paint it clearly shall we? Many so called bosses are battling a workforce that only turns up for the money. It isn't all by any means but enough to make life difficult for those who take pride in their jobs.

Tell us honestly - in your experience does everyone work as hard as you do or did? Isn't it true that those who skive make your life just as tough? Isn't it true now that to remove those who don't pull their weight and expect their 'mates' to fill the cracks can't even be eased out to make space for someone better without a lot of palaver?
I have news for you. Nearly everyone only works for the money. That doesn't mean we all laze about and do a deliberately slow or crap job. I work hard and take pride in doing a good job and find that more satisfying than dossing around. I also feel more secure in my employment if I am one of the best ones there. Most of my colleagues are the same. But none of us would be working there were it not for the pay. If you imagine that many people work primarily for reasons other than the pay they get you are kidding yourself. It is unreasonable to expect people not to be motivated primarily by earning a living.

And no, in all the jobs I have ever had not everyone has been a hard worker. Like I said elsewhere there are workers and there are shirkers but that is true globally. Generally anyone who is too crap at the job doesnt last long and the majority of people in my experience work pretty hard. Yes I have encountered workers with attitude problems and even complained about them. But relatively few problems customers encounter are down to frontline staff. As usual, most of the time it is the ones making all the decisions who are mostly to blame for the way things are.

Your default assumption seems to be that crap service everywhere is the fault of the workforce whilst in my experience it is mostly down to the systems put in place by senior managers and the workers are themselves often almost powerless victims of this, and the ones who get all the abuse.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on August 17, 2022, 06:32:25 PM
You are clearly talking about the British worker improving with the right attitude, ie blaming the workers rather than the staffing shortages or the systems in place.

Many of the workers you get into contact with are not even British but foreigners in foreign based call centres.

Callbacks that don't happen and suchlike are a pain in the arse yet why do you assume that this results from an attitude problem from workers?

Things just don't work very well in this country anymore. Do you seriously believe that this is due to a suddenly much worse attitude problem on the part of workers? Or is it more likely to be due to staffing cuts and crappier systems designed to save money?

Why are you so eager to place the blame on British workers for everything going wrong in the country? Because that is just typical. Somehow it never seems to be the fault of those actually in charge making all the decisions, but instead the lowly poorly paid grunts at the bottom doing what they are told are somehow the ones to blame for everything going wrong.

I am sick to death of people blaming people like me for situations that result from the decisions of senior management. It is far more often than not not the actual workers who are to blame, though it is invariably us who have to shoulder the abuse and bad attitudes for situations not of our making.
Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2022, 06:40:05 PM
Never thought of looking at the managers,the bosses and shareholders?

The banks are bad.....why is that/  mmmm maybe because they've shut so many branches in pursuit of profit,drive people online and when the scammers swoop and take their cash they shrug and say "not our problem".

I can see a lot of problems on the horizon if that reptile Truss prevails.
Sorry guys but all that does is make me think you simply won't accept that there are faults on all sides. I am more than prepared to see that profits come first and it is unhealthy to put it mildly but it seems to me that the guy or gal slogging away at the bottom of the so called pile is an angel as far as you are concerned. Let's paint it clearly shall we? Many so called bosses are battling a workforce that only turns up for the money. It isn't all by any means but enough to make life difficult for those who take pride in their jobs.

Tell us honestly - in your experience does everyone work as hard as you do or did? Isn't it true that those who skive make your life just as tough? Isn't it true now that to remove those who don't pull their weight and expect their 'mates' to fill the cracks can't even be eased out to make space for someone better without a lot of palaver?

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2022, 06:40:05 PMI can see a lot of problems on the horizon if that reptile Truss prevails.
Sadly so can I. Things are going to get a whole lot worse. Worse than we have known it. At least Sunak shows a greater willingness to actually help people. But that cannot compete with reckless tax cuts which largely favour the better off in the eyes of the mostly affluent Tory rank and file.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on August 17, 2022, 05:28:20 PM
Don't be silly. I didn't ask that question I asked how many firms - if that's a better word  - are efficient? I don't doubt for a moment that there is understaffing etc but I didn't expect that axe to be grind again. eg People in all sorts of places promise a call back that doesn't happen. Banks in particular can be awful. My point is are we giving a good service? Is that where the British worker can improve with the right attitude? Please don't accuse me of stuff that's in your imagination.
Never thought of looking at the managers,the bosses and shareholders?

The banks are bad.....why is that/  mmmm maybe because they've shut so many branches in pursuit of profit,drive people online and when the scammers swoop and take their cash they shrug and say "not our problem".

I can see a lot of problems on the horizon if that reptile Truss prevails.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 17, 2022, 05:28:20 PM
Don't be silly. I didn't ask that question I asked how many firms - if that's a better word  - are efficient? I don't doubt for a moment that there is understaffing etc but I didn't expect that axe to be grind again. eg People in all sorts of places promise a call back that doesn't happen. Banks in particular can be awful. My point is are we giving a good service? Is that where the British worker can improve with the right attitude? Please don't accuse me of stuff that's in your imagination.
You are clearly talking about the British worker improving with the right attitude, ie blaming the workers rather than the staffing shortages or the systems in place.

Many of the workers you get into contact with are not even British but foreigners in foreign based call centres.

Callbacks that don't happen and suchlike are a pain in the arse yet why do you assume that this results from an attitude problem from workers?

Things just don't work very well in this country anymore. Do you seriously believe that this is due to a suddenly much worse attitude problem on the part of workers? Or is it more likely to be due to staffing cuts and crappier systems designed to save money?

Why are you so eager to place the blame on British workers for everything going wrong in the country? Because that is just typical. Somehow it never seems to be the fault of those actually in charge making all the decisions, but instead the lowly poorly paid grunts at the bottom doing what they are told are somehow the ones to blame for everything going wrong.

I am sick to death of people blaming people like me for situations that result from the decisions of senior management. It is far more often than not not the actual workers who are to blame, though it is invariably us who have to shoulder the abuse and bad attitudes for situations not of our making.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on August 17, 2022, 04:10:27 PM
So let's put inefficiency in the mix. How many organisations do you deal with Gov or otherwise that you feel give good service or efficiency?

Mmh, tricky.

Governments tend to be slower. They do the trickier jobs and are not really in a rush.

Private enterprise is faster but if you hit a bump, well, tough luck. They rarely have much in the way of back up.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Massive Tory cuts have not exactly helped here. Own that before you start attacking workers.

I have a friend who works for the DWP. Overloaded with work and chronically understaffed. I get the inside story and she is one of the hardest workers I have ever known. I first met her when she worked in retail with me. I always joked that she worked like a banshee on speed.

She knows a whole lot more about life on the front line than you clearly do

Tory cuts are the reason this entire country is falling apart, services breaking down, nothing working.

Sheepy

I have a friend who works for the DWP. Overloaded with work and chronically understaffed. I get the inside story and she is one of the hardest workers I have ever known. I first met her when she worked in retail with me. I always joked that she worked like a banshee on speed.

Tory cuts are the reason this entire country is falling apart, services breaking down, nothing working.

The Westminster party are all over the place as usual, they started thinking the votes we had lent them until Boris tripped up with his own brand of lies were permanent. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 17, 2022, 04:10:27 PM
So let's put inefficiency in the mix. How many organisations do you deal with Gov or otherwise that you feel give good service or efficiency?