Main Menu

EU fuel pricing

Started by Nick, August 29, 2022, 06:24:55 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2022, 11:39:27 AM
It was down to six a while back.
Sure but 6 voters don't count for much.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2022, 03:53:00 AM
Labour has a lead of 8 points, if the country thought they were a credible option it would be 28 but they don't.
You are right it should be 28 points , because that would truly reflect how bad Tory rule has been. 
Labour will try harder than this lot but things are so bad it's not likely our present troubles will be easily fixed, and the pols probably reflect that as much as any other consideration.
I dont cheer either way it's my country they have fucked over . One thing is for certain this present crisis can not be solved by thinking it can be solved simply  by letting the public pay through the nose for power at source . Some sort of state intervention, which would include nationalisation and subsidy has to be the way forward , costly but no more so than any other alternative . And let's face it that's only one of the many problems that have caught up with them over twelve years of negativity in our economic strategies . If they stick to ideology it could yet reach 28 points.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on August 30, 2022, 10:39:11 AMhat's the lowest lead out of several recent polls.
It was down to six a while back.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2022, 03:53:00 AM
Labour has a lead of 8 points, if the country thought they were a credible option it would be 28 but they don't.
That's the lowest lead out of several recent polls. Their actual lead ranges from between 8 and 15  percent.

Labour under Starmer is of course useless. That he has any significant lead at all just tells you how truly crap the Tories are being right now. And they appear to be backing the wrong horse when it comes to maximising their chances.

You have got to be doing pretty badly to make even Starmer look like a potential winner.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on August 29, 2022, 08:14:30 PM
They can say what they like. You said angry voters won't vote Starmer and I said it won't matter. Although polling does say people are moving that way and as Sean said, two more years of Tory incompetence and I am more sure than not those angry voters are going to vote for him.

This forum might be full of delusional Tories, but Truss's ideas aren't even popular and I suspect not only will she be scorned by ordinary people for making the cost of living crisis worse, she could even bankrupt the nation by giving tax cuts for the rich.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 29, 2022, 08:59:53 PM
I would rather enact change by voting Sheepy. Starmers Labour isn't even the finished product. But it is a step in the right direction. And it is funny reading that a poll of Tories, half said they wanted energy and water nationalised which is Corbyn policy.

But even so, please don't take it as an insult when I say I won't be holding my breath waiting for you to head down number ten 'in the next shower'. You get use to the false promises from keyboard warriors on the Internet after a while. I would rather just let the Angry voters change their vote and get the Tories out.

Well keep buying and they will be selling you the same old tripe, the rest of us ain't buying any of it. So bad luck on that one as well. As you probably haven't noticed anyway or think you have some magic formula that will have us all in the same cage as you I wouldn't take bets on it.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2022, 08:42:41 PM
We only turn up at no 10 when they were thinking we came down in the last shower, it is gratifying watching the Westminster party run around like headless chickens. We have two years yet if you are suffering put the blame squarely where it belongs the Westminster party they voted yes to every bit of this crisis.

I would rather enact change by voting Sheepy. Starmers Labour isn't even the finished product. But it is a step in the right direction. And it is funny reading that a poll of Tories, half said they wanted energy and water nationalised which is Corbyn policy. 

But even so, please don't take it as an insult when I say I won't be holding my breath waiting for you to head down number ten 'in the next shower'. You get use to the false promises from keyboard warriors on the Internet after a while. I would rather just let the Angry voters change their vote and get the Tories out.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 29, 2022, 08:32:05 PM
Sheepy the amount of times you have wrote about you and 'your lot' going to storm Westminster coup d'etat style and send the 'Westminster Party' packing, we should have been a Banana Republic by now if any if it was true. The truth is there are those who won't vote because they will say their vote doesn't matter as all parties are the same and there be those who will go out of their way to vote as a protest against the ruling party which happens everytime there is a crisis.

Starmer doesn't need angry voters to vote for him anyway. He already has the numbers to form a coalition. But if Tory voters stay home, then he walks the next GE. And polling suggest people are actually moving their vote from the Tories to Labour as more and more people think Starmer has a better handle on the cost of living crisis. Saying polling doesn't mean anything is someone who is in denial. And with two years of denial you best get ready for a massive surprise.

We only turn up at no 10 when they were thinking we came down in the last shower, it is gratifying watching the Westminster party run around like headless chickens. We have two years yet if you are suffering put the blame squarely where it belongs the Westminster party they voted yes to every bit of this crisis. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2022, 08:17:43 PM
Polls mean nothing and who says we don't have a plan anyway which we were asked about many times but won't give it up.
Sheepy the amount of times you have wrote about you and 'your lot' going to storm Westminster coup d'etat style and send the 'Westminster Party' packing, we should have been a Banana Republic by now if any if it was true. The truth is there are those who won't vote because they will say their vote doesn't matter as all parties are the same and there be those who will go out of their way to vote as a protest against the ruling party which happens everytime there is a crisis.

Starmer doesn't need angry voters to vote for him anyway. He already has the numbers to form a coalition. But if Tory voters stay home, then he walks the next GE. And polling suggest people are actually moving their vote from the Tories to Labour as more and more people think Starmer has a better handle on the cost of living crisis. Saying polling doesn't mean anything is someone who is in denial. And with two years of denial you best get ready for a massive surprise.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 29, 2022, 08:14:30 PM
They can say what they like. You said angry voters won't vote Starmer and I said it won't matter. Although polling does say people are moving that way and as Sean said, two more years of Tory incompetence and I am more sure than not those angry voters are going to vote for him.

This forum might be full of delusional Tories, but Truss's ideas aren't even popular and I suspect not only will she be scorned by ordinary people for making the cost of living crisis worse, she could even bankrupt the nation by giving tax cuts for the rich.

Polls mean nothing and who says we don't have a plan anyway which we were asked about many times but won't give it up.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2022, 08:04:04 PM
No it doesn't it shows what people actually think of all of their nonsensical rubbish. If you don't vote for it, you can say hand on heart you had no part of it.
They can say what they like. You said angry voters won't vote Starmer and I said it won't matter. Although polling does say people are moving that way and as Sean said, two more years of Tory incompetence and I am more sure than not those angry voters are going to vote for him. 

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 29, 2022, 07:57:35 PM
Starmer doesn't need more people to go and vote for him Sheepy. Low turnouts suits him very well. He just needs Tory voters to stay home.

Polls aren't looking great for the Tories and Dizzy Lizzie has said no more handouts when polls suggest people would rather see them than tax cuts and 5% off VAT. It is comical watching the Tories execute one f**k up after another but when they can't even read the room and listen to the electorate during a crisis, they may as well throw the towel in now and let Starmer take over. Let's be honest, he does have a better handle on the cost of living crisis than the dope who cannot eat cheese.
No it doesn't it shows what people actually think of all of their nonsensical rubbish. If you don't vote for it, you can say hand on heart you had no part of it. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2022, 07:40:17 PM
You are right in the fact there are a lot of very angry voters I don't see them turning out for the Westminster party though, but very amusing trying to convince us they will. I guess we should prepare ourselves for the note, nothing left.

Starmer doesn't need more people to go and vote for him Sheepy. Low turnouts suits him very well. He just needs Tory voters to stay home.

Polls aren't looking great for the Tories and Dizzy Lizzie has said no more handouts when polls suggest people would rather see them than tax cuts and 5% off VAT. It is comical watching the Tories execute one F@@@ up after another but when they can't even read the room and listen to the electorate during a crisis, they may as well throw the towel in now and let Starmer take over. Let's be honest, he does have a better handle on the cost of living crisis than the dope who cannot eat cheese.

Sheepy

Quote from: Sean on August 29, 2022, 07:16:43 PM
Im dreaming about it with a large smile on my face. When one in four uk households plan on not using any heating because of the disasterous tory mishandling of the energy crises , there is going to be a lot of really angry voters come the next general election. I see Liz Truss ran away from a BBC interview today as well . The stars are aligning for our Labour party and taking our country back into the EU while Keir fixes the mess these incompetent tories have left. 41 % are intent on voting for Labour at the next election .It looks like it could go much higher by the time these incompetents have finished.
You are right in the fact there are a lot of very angry voters I don't see them turning out for the Westminster party though, but very amusing trying to convince us they will. I guess we should prepare ourselves for the note, nothing left.

Sean

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2022, 06:24:10 PM
Just think of the fun coming our way, trying to make that into votes on the day.
Im dreaming about it with a large smile on my face. When one in four uk households plan on not using any heating because of the disasterous tory mishandling of the energy crises , there is going to be a lot of really angry voters come the next general election. I see Liz Truss ran away from a BBC interview today as well . The stars are aligning for our Labour party and taking our country back into the EU while Keir fixes the mess these incompetent tories have left. 41 % are intent on voting for Labour at the next election .It looks like it could go much higher by the time these incompetents have finished.