Not sure I've got the energy to ask

Started by cromwell, September 27, 2022, 03:17:52 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2022, 11:02:30 AM
Cover the whole of Cornwall, it's a hell hole anyway from what we're told.
Cornwall is a lovely place. It is only a hell-hole because of the Tories, Brexit and far too many tourists.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 30, 2022, 10:19:34 AM
Maybe in Nevada, but not in Newcastle.
Cover the whole of Cornwall, it's a hell hole anyway from what we're told. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Barry

Quote from: Nick on September 29, 2022, 11:00:38 PM
The experts in the US recon a 100sq mile of solar panels could power their country, not done the maths but surely we can accommodate the percentage of that, that we need? Job done.
Maybe in Nevada, but not in Newcastle.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2022, 09:39:33 AM
Boring!!
Only to you. That "experts," can get a calculation that badly wrong is frankly scary.

The maximum on a good day a square meter of solar panel can collect is 1000watts. (The real-life average is less.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 30, 2022, 09:35:22 AM
It does not take a rocket scientist so see those "experts" are wrong.
Boring!!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2022, 09:28:12 AM
Boring!!
It does not take a rocket scientist so see those "experts" are wrong.

Nick

papasmurf

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2022, 08:34:37 AM
I have been telling you for years to make your own arrangements for when this arrived. Which for certain it was coming.
What are you on about?

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 30, 2022, 08:06:19 AM
They aren't very expert.
I have been telling you for years to make your own arrangements for when this arrived. Which for certain it was coming.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 29, 2022, 11:00:38 PM
The experts in the US recon a 100sq mile of solar panels could power their country, 
They aren't very expert.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 29, 2022, 06:46:26 PM
Great British Energy seems quite a good idea. Put a British Energy company into the forefront of the business.
Too many of the cheap energy companies were based on fragile business models which did not take into account that wholesale prices could rise sharply - they went bust as a result.
I don't agree that Starmer's plan should be net zero, unless it is nuclear. I was looking out to sea this afternoon watching billions of pounds worth of wind turbines standing still.
The experts in the US recon a 100sq mile of solar panels could power their country, not done the maths but surely we can accommodate the percentage of that, that we need? Job done. 

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2022, 06:37:19 PM
Cobblers,I voted tory for brexit because steamer promised a return to the eu,you need to grasp that voting for one party doesn't endorse all the policys.

And you backtracked smurfy  is right he's nationalising nowt.

And steamer plagiarised his idea from a post Barry made a while ago. :P Butt Kick
Great British Energy seems quite a good idea. Put a British Energy company into the forefront of the business.
Too many of the cheap energy companies were based on fragile business models which did not take into account that wholesale prices could rise sharply - they went bust as a result. 
I don't agree that Starmer's plan should be net zero, unless it is nuclear. I was looking out to sea this afternoon watching billions of pounds worth of wind turbines standing still.
† The end is nigh †