Papasmurf's it's all about me, me, me thread

Started by Barry, September 28, 2022, 09:58:07 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 29, 2022, 12:50:51 PM
Nick, I am NOT making it up.  I suggest you actually bother to look the next time you go shopping in a supermarket, it has been getting worse over the last few weeks.
Not near me. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 29, 2022, 12:40:54 PM
But the local media haven't mentioned it, so you must be making it up.
Nick, I am NOT making it up.  I suggest you actually bother to look the next time you go shopping in a supermarket, it has been getting worse over the last few weeks.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 29, 2022, 08:16:27 AM
ALL local supermarkets have had empty shelves for the last few weeks.
But the local media haven't mentioned it, so you must be making it up. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 11:56:21 PM
You're now saying Lidl is affected but other supermarkets aren't? That's not even partially to do with Brexit.
ALL local supermarkets have had empty shelves for the last few weeks.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 29, 2022, 07:09:29 AM
Dont know if this is right but I was told Lidl/Aldi  keep their costs down by not having warehouses . The lorries go striaght to the supermarket overnight and the shelves get stacked.

Whats there in the morning is it for the day , maybe people experiancing 'shortages' should get up earlier
We were there early.

Streetwalker

Dont know if this is right but I was told Lidl/Aldi  keep their costs down by not having warehouses . The lorries go striaght to the supermarket overnight and the shelves get stacked.

Whats there in the morning is it for the day , maybe people experiancing 'shortages' should get up earlier 

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 28, 2022, 09:51:58 PM
ah yes, I heard that Lidl were being a bit arsey with delivery driver time slots compared to a more flexible approach taken by Aldi and others.

as a result some logistics firms have found a preference for signing up with retailers willing to be more flexible in their attitude to traffic delays etc.

leaving Lidl with empty shelves as a direct result of their own stupidity
And that's why places like Cornwall is affected, cause it's an arse of a place to get to. Lidl better sort their act out then. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 07:01:20 PM
It partially is Brexit.
You're now saying Lidl is affected but other supermarkets aren't? That's not even partially to do with Brexit. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on September 28, 2022, 08:36:32 PM
Lidl have had a few probs in my locale but nowt to do with brexit but of their own probs.

ah yes, I heard that Lidl were being a bit arsey with delivery driver time slots compared to a more flexible approach taken by Aldi and others.

as a result some logistics firms have found a preference for signing up with retailers willing to be more flexible in their attitude to traffic delays etc.

leaving Lidl with empty shelves as a direct result of their own stupidity

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 04:59:57 PM
And this is it in a nutshell, most people would outline what is missing but you don't, so in the absence of any meet on the bone I will just call BS.

There isn't any meat on the bone in Pappy's world.

Or even bones.

Once in a while Pappy walks through the Lizard with a bowl of sawdust soup to provide substance to the locals, but he can't indulge them very often.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2022, 12:30:01 PM
No need, PS, you can ignore this one if you like, but let's talk about going to London. When did you last go?
Oh, and are the shelves empty at your supermarkets in Cornwall, or are you still surviving on your rotated "prepper" stock?
While we're at it, is the granite still hard in Cornwall, or have you got an electric motorbike yet?

Here in Kent, we have massive stocks of everything, so if you need a bag of sugar, let me know.
Here in Dickfords Fiefdom the shelves are not as full as they have been, but I have not found the need to cross the border for our usual purchases
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Lidl have had a few probs in my locale but nowt to do with brexit but of their own probs.

The Aldi up the road is fully stocked down to an excellent supply chain.

Any other probs down to  strikes at Felixstowe.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 05:56:30 PM
Not BS it is you needing to go to Specsavers and check next time you go to a Supermarket. (Lidl had very little veg last week, and that has been the same for several weeks.)
I could send you a cabbage, as you don't have sugar. Not sure how you bake cakes.
I was in Lidl yesterday and there was no shortage of anything. 
So why is there a problem in Cornwall?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 06:56:08 PM
So Lidl can organise ships and transport goods that a professional shipping company couldn't? Lidl could sort the paperwork that company couldn't? That is just a crap shipping company, not Brexit.
It partially is Brexit.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 06:48:27 PM
The same in both branches.  Lidl has also purchased and chartered ships to get around supply chain problems. (More at Link.) :-

https://marineindustrynews.co.uk/lidl-buys-and-charters-container-ships-for-new-shipping-line/
Thursday, April 21st, 2022
German-headquartered international supermarket, Lidl, has reportedly reached agreements to charter three vessels and acquire a fourth.

The news comes as the company recently filed a trademark to start a new shipping line to transport its goods. The move aims to help reduce delays and ease transport costs amid the ongoing supply chain crisis.
Lidl plans to launch operations for Tailwind Shipping Lines within the next few months and is expected to operate its ships alongside the major shipping companies while continuing to work with the major carriers for a portion of its transportation needs.
The supermarket chain also confirmed that it plans to move on its own ships a portion of its volume, reported as being in the range of 400 to 500teu a week.

So Lidl can organise ships and transport goods that a professional shipping company couldn't? Lidl could sort the paperwork that company couldn't? That is just a crap shipping company, not Brexit.