UK not in recession, new figures suggest

Started by Borchester, October 01, 2022, 05:32:15 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 02, 2022, 08:38:16 PM
Change the record sheep, the only point you make over and over ,is that our politicians lie.
Well there's a surprise they are human . You think you can bi-pass  that. You couldn't be more wrong.
So laugh all you like the jokes on you.
A bit touchy ain't we, when it gets down to it all, I was never under any doubt from day one of my political career so to speak, there wouldn't be a constant battle with the Westminster party and its followers of neo liberal fashion, when really not having a clue what was going on. But it seems now the boot is on the other foot; more voters are now populists than ever before.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 08:30:51 PM
LOL

Change the record sheep, the only point you make over and over ,is that our politicians lie.
Well there's a surprise they are human . You think you can bi-pass  that. You couldn't be more wrong. 
So laugh all you like the jokes on you.

Sheepy

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 08:25:44 PM
Backtracking doesn't change what is in black and white, or the abject failure of your own idealism.

I can't help it if you chose to misunderstand .

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 02, 2022, 08:23:01 PM
No I haven't ,I have admitted the country is in decline ,financially, and in status. In matters of social improvement we have prospered massively in 100 years, constant improvement not failure,  and that's what we have voted for. Most  importantly I have stated that your Ideas of a better system are nothing of the sort.

Backtracking doesn't change what is in black and white, or the abject failure of your own idealism.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 08:12:09 PM
Well, we will see, you have openly admitted your way of doing things is an abject failure, so I guess constant failure is best in your book of bumper excuses.

No I haven't ,I have admitted the country is in decline ,financially, and in status. In matters of social improvement we have prospered massively in 100 years, constant improvement not failure,  and that's what we have voted for. Most  importantly I have stated that your Ideas of a better system are nothing of the sort. 

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 02, 2022, 08:09:25 PM
And what is there in your ideas, that would ensure your referendums were not contaminated by lies? We deal with the human Sheep not bloody robots. Rejecting your ideas is the best hope I have.
Well, we will see, you have openly admitted your way of doing things is an abject failure, so I guess constant failure is best in your book of bumper excuses.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 08:00:16 PM
A bunch of lies, you are correct that's twice. Hope for you yet, just because you know they are going to lie for a vote it doesn't mean it is your only choice.

And what is there in your ideas, that would ensure your referendums were not contaminated by lies? We deal with the human Sheep not bloody robots. Rejecting your ideas is the best hope I have.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 02, 2022, 07:57:34 PM
In your eyes maybe, but then you chose to ignore the obvious. What  I have voted for ,and what every voter since 1918 has voted for,  we got. What  the people and  I voted for has  created a country many times better for even the poorest, and that in what was a country that had fought two ferocious world wars and lost its cash cow ,the Empire. The working man's politics have driven that, whether they vote Labour or Tory . The Tories have always resisted but never totally.  But the trend has always been toward a better outcome for the plebs. Not quick enough for you maybe. And at times the needle gets stuck but we have not been voting for a world worse than the one our fathers lived in.
Your problem is you offer an option that could never  work. We can't even agree on here , and politics is power it's a human condition that you will never alter the 51% s ideas will always be opposed by the 49%. And someone will always want the main say, if only for a set period.

A bunch of lies, you are correct that's twice. Hope for you yet, just because you know they are going to lie for a vote it doesn't mean it is your only choice.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 07:01:34 PM
Quite the opposite actually, you have just admitted we have been voting for our own downfall since WW1, I suggest you vote for direct democracy while you still have an iota of a chance. So, you all ask me for the answer which firstly you need to get logical and break away from the insanity that is the Westminster party. You have taken your first step.

In your eyes maybe, but then you chose to ignore the obvious. What  I have voted for ,and what every voter since 1918 has voted for,  we got. What   the people and  I voted for has  created a country many times better for even the poorest, and that in what was a country that had fought two ferocious world wars and lost its cash cow ,the Empire. The working man's politics have driven that, whether they vote Labour or Tory . The Tories have always resisted but never totally.  But the trend has always been toward a better outcome for the plebs. Not quick enough for you maybe. And at times the needle gets stuck but we have not been voting for a world worse than the one our fathers lived in.
Your problem is you offer an option that could never  work. We can't even agree on here , and politics is power it's a human condition that you will never alter the 51% s ideas will always be opposed by the 49%. And someone will always want the main say, if only for a set period.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 02, 2022, 06:43:23 PM
Not ignoring any period,, as I said our candle has been burning down since WW1. What isnt logical is thinking just advocating not voting will change anything.which seems to be the basis of your logic.

Quite the opposite actually, you have just admitted we have been voting for our own downfall since WW1, I suggest you vote for direct democracy while you still have an iota of a chance. So, you all ask me for the answer which firstly you need to get logical and break away from the insanity that is the Westminster party. You have taken your first step.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 05:50:56 PM
But the previous 30+ years is OK to ignore, strange logic.

Not ignoring any period,, as I said our candle has been burning down since WW1. What isnt logical is thinking just advocating not voting will change anything.which seems to be the basis of your logic.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 02, 2022, 09:12:02 AM
An acceleration in the last twelve years is to obvious to ignore.

But the previous 30+ years is OK to ignore, strange logic.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 09:05:19 AM
It states in my answer what I am talking about, which somehow becomes only the last 12 years.
An acceleration in the last twelve years is to obvious to ignore.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 02, 2022, 09:00:40 AM
If you are talking about the last twelve years you are completely right. But we haven't always cut services across the board , in fact the last Labour government actually boosted services,  and the printing of money has increased drastically in this twelve year period as well. In general it could be argued this country has been in recession since WW1 that's obvious . If you think that process could ever have been reversed please tell.? We should be attempting to reverse many aspects of the Thatcher legacy, but  not voting would not cure our problems , in fact it is the easiest way of getting something you really don't need.

It states in my answer what I am talking about, which somehow becomes only the last 12 years.