Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 04:16:10 PM
They is no good without unfettered delay free access to the EU.
Well thats part of managering their own industry . They would know what would be acceptable to give in return for delay free access 
Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 04:32:23 PM
Well indeed, we were shattered on by the UK government. The Tories were the party of leave and couldn't fulfil the claims they promised during the referendum.

I will just echo what Pappy said. UK boats could have had complete control of our seas. Without the EU market they wouldn't have the custom for it to be worthwhile.

As I keep telling you Boycey the Conservatives were a remain party . It was just a few chancers who with the help of the electoral commission stole the leave campaign from those who had campaigned to leave for years  ,Had the Grassroots out team  got the nod to be the official leave campaign Boris and his mates would have fallen in line behind Cameron . The cons  conspired to rig the result and still messed it up . 
We now once again have a remainer  as PM and any promises are further away than ever , as I say ,a Remainer Brexit beckons 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 10, 2022, 04:29:56 PM
And as often as not British fishermen sell their quotas to the French.

Evidence please.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2022, 04:09:32 PM
Just a reminder Union Flag Shat on by the UK government
Well indeed, we were shat on by the UK government. The Tories were the party of leave and couldn't fulfil the claims they promised during the referendum.

I will just echo what Pappy said. UK boats could have had complete control of our seas. Without the EU market they wouldn't have the custom for it to be worthwhile.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 03:25:49 PM
U.K. fishermen have been lying about their catch for decades, when the quotas came in they had to have what they'd been telling HMRC they caught. Oops

And as often as not British fishermen sell their quotas to the French.

And UK fishing is only 0.1% of GDP. Ollie probably catches more in the Manchester Ship Canal than the entire Cornish fleet.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2022, 04:09:32 PM

Our fishermen should have been given exclusive rights to fish and manage  our own waters 
They is no good without unfettered delay free access to the EU. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 03:32:56 PM
I bet it hurt you to quote Green Peace @Streetwalker. Although I suspect this has more to do with dredging and large catches than lack of fish in the ocean. It still doesn't change the fact the UK market is tiny compared to the EU and that without the EU market our fisherman are going bust with or without the fish in the sea.
It did ;D  Looney tunes the lot of them but their hearts are in the right place and they do get it right sometimes .

Our fishermen should have been given exclusive rights to fish and manage  our own waters not sacrificed as part of the trade deal with the EU especially given the support for leave that the industry gave .

Fishing For Leave Campaign Launched | Fishing News

Just a reminder Union Flag Shat on by the UK government 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 03:25:49 PM
U.K. fishermen have been lying about their catch for decades, 
Evidence please? (You obviously know little of fishery inspection vessels and fish market inspection.)

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2022, 03:19:46 PM
We are a long way from having a sea full of fish . From an enviromental view the Brexit related  problems with getting fish to European markets could not have come at a better time .
Overfishing ,discards and quota inbalances needed to be addressed as does what species our own fisherman catch .

"No fish, no future" – why we sailed up the Thames with a fleet of fishing boats | Greenpeace UK

Correct  , EU supertrawlers  , bottom trawling and quotas that flew  in the face of scientific  recomendations had long decimated the industry long before Brexit
New EU fishing quotas continue to promote overfishing (europeanscientist.com)

I bet it hurt you to quote Green Peace @Streetwalker. Although I suspect this has more to do with dredging and large catches than lack of fish in the ocean. It still doesn't change the fact the UK market is tiny compared to the EU and that without the EU market our fisherman are going bust with or without the fish in the sea.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2022, 03:19:46 PM
We are a long way from having a sea full of fish . From an enviromental view the Brexit related  problems with getting fish to European markets could not have come at a better time .
Overfishing ,discards and quota inbalances needed to be addressed as does what species our own fisherman catch .

"No fish, no future" – why we sailed up the Thames with a fleet of fishing boats | Greenpeace UK

Correct  , EU supertrawlers  , bottom trawling and quotas that flew  in the face of scientific  recomendations had long decimated the industry long before Brexit
U.K. fishermen have been lying about their catch for decades, when the quotas came in they had to have what they'd been telling HMRC they caught. Oops
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:05:42 AMThere is no point having an sea full of fish without a market to sell it to. 

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 12:15:41 PM
Between 1994 and 2020 Cornish fishing fell by 45%, this has zero to do with Brexit.
Correct  , EU supertrawlers  , bottom trawling and quotas that flew  in the face of scientific  recomendations had long decimated the industry long before Brexit 

papasmurf

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 12:39:22 PM
Are you ever going to backup your claims with data?
Or just continuously state you already did.
I have many times you never read it.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 12:37:17 PM
Nick it is boring to you, it is not boring to those in the fishing industry who business has gone, or about to, but as you have stated you don't care.
Are you ever going to backup your claims with data?
Or just continuously state you already did. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 12:35:03 PM
No data so yet another boring post by you.
Nick it is boring to you, it is not boring to those in the fishing industry who business has gone, or about to, but as you have stated you don't care.