Brexit celebrations rub Remainers' noses in it, says

Started by Borchester, January 26, 2020, 11:53:59 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Calm has to start somewhere. Yes there are those who are still angry but it's a false anger surely?  There are some who simply like a punch up.  There are those who once they take a stand are too stubborn to back down. The whole point of the referendum fiasco, quite apart from if the question was right or the whole process badly misjudged, was that it happened and the democratic result had to be upheld. We would be in a terrible place now as a society if somehow the result had been ignored.

Even those who voted remain must see in time, how ignoring the vote would have destroyed any faith we might have had in the political/democratic process. Surely that in itself would have been beyond rescue.

The healing needs to start and rancour now is pointless and forgiveness for me is the only way forward if further damage is to be avoided.

Bercow quite apart from his disgraceful abuse of his position as Speaker, will get his just desserts one way or another. I doubt he will escape the consequences. We will see.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14290 time=1580069190 user_id=54
No I can't agree, although I understand your point of view. The main instigators in the HofC have been largely dealt with and over time others will be gradually forgotten in the mists of time and disdain. For all their bluster and deviousness the good British public put them in their places and with any luck our future success will taint their rhetoric. Revenge is always best served cold and perhaps now is not the time.

I really wish I could share your view but the fact that Bercow has been nominated for a peerage by Corbyn for services to shafting the country lays open the truth that the main instigators are very far from "dealt with".

I really do hope your prophecy comes to pass.

And I have tasted revenge hot and cold. I'm with Billy Wilder on this. Some like it hot. I'm one of them
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14290 time=1580069190 user_id=54
No I can't agree, although I understand your point of view. The main instigators in the HofC have been largely dealt with and over time others will be gradually forgotten in the mists of time and disdain. For all their bluster and deviousness the good British public put them in their places and with any luck our future success will taint their rhetoric. Revenge is always best served cold and perhaps now is not the time.

So you see T00ts some will never accept it or try to unite.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-50p-coin-sparks-mockery-21364579?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=&int_source=taboola&int_medium=display&int_campaign=organic">//https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-50p-coin-sparks-mockery-21364579?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=&int_source=taboola&int_medium=display&int_campaign=organic
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=14286 time=1580067252 user_id=63
Sorry Toots, I'm sure you mean well, and perhaps for the ordinary man in the street this may be the right attitude.

But the Nuremberg Trials were there for a reason.

The people who organised the revolution against the democratic will of the people need to be hung from lam posts. for them, there can be no forgiveness.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14259 time=1580045982 user_id=54
I can't help but feel that it is time to forgive. There was a lot said and done because of strong feelings and now is the time to try and pull together for the sake of the whole country. Let's face it if we get swamped with a certain Chinese import there will be much more to worry about.

Sorry Toots, I'm sure you mean well, and perhaps for the ordinary man in the street this may be the right attitude.

But the Nuremberg Trials were there for a reason.

The people who organised the revolution against the democratic will of the people need to be hung from lam posts. for them, there can be no forgiveness.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=14261 time=1580049003 user_id=103
Everyone's noses are being rubbed in it, it's just that Brexiters don't realise this yet.

I could have written your post myself, and that's why you Remoaners are going to get both barrels.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Well it was worth a try! After all it's Sunday  :D

Borchester

I can't help but feel that it is time to forgive. There was a lot said and done because of strong feelings and now is the time to try and pull together for the sake of the whole country. Let's face it if we get swamped with a certain Chinese import there will be much more to worry about.

Oh Christ, there isn't another Bruce Lee movie on the way is there?

I am all for forgive and forget. No deal really works without a bit of goodwill and a handshake. But even the good God was left to hang on the cross for a bit and I can't see while the Heseltines  of this world should have an easier time of it.

:D
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

A nice sentiment T00ts but people like him and Bliar others too will still strive by fair means but usually foul to overturn it.

The fair I don't object to but were the vote reversed you can be sure you'd have been told to shut up and take it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=14261 time=1580049003 user_id=103
Everyone's noses are being rubbed in it, it's just that Brexiters don't realise this yet.

Well who knows Ducky three and a half years of doom and gloom,you still never got it right.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Hyperduck Quack Quack

T00ts

Barry

During that awful period before the election Heseltine and his cohorts were rubbing our noses in it, as the majority - us leavers. They had forgotten that we won.

Now they have little doubt, and by Saturday there will be none at all.

:Patriot:
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester post_id=14243 time=1580039639 user_id=62
Michael Heseltine

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/26/brexit-celebrations-rub-remainers-noses-saysmichael-heseltine/">//%20%20%20https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/26/brexit-celebrations-rub-remainers-noses-saysmichael-heseltine/

I think that the technical term is that my heart pumps piss and should he wish to retire to go somewhere he can spend his remaining years sucking the dicks of the EU Commissioners then I can't see anything wrong with that.

But other posters might have different views

Sometimes I feel it's a crying shame you can only hit thanks once ...

:hattip

The point is this europhilic shithead has left no stone unturned in his quest to rout the will of the majority and his effigy along with that of every like minded wrecker should be burned at the stake in celebration...

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester post_id=14243 time=1580039639 user_id=62
Michael Heseltine

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/26/brexit-celebrations-rub-remainers-noses-saysmichael-heseltine/">//%20%20%20https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/26/brexit-celebrations-rub-remainers-noses-saysmichael-heseltine/

I think that the technical term is that my heart pumps piss and should he wish to retire to go somewhere he can spend his remaining years sucking the dicks of the EU Commissioners then I can't see anything wrong with that.

But other posters might have different views

The very reason that the likes of Heseltine will keep fighting to keep us in the EU in all but name in the coming year is the very reason why we should rub their noses in it as well as keeping our boots firmly on their necks .