How long

Started by cromwell, October 16, 2022, 09:32:47 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on October 17, 2022, 06:26:29 PM
Truss is holed below the waterline — apologies for whatever image that conjures up — but she's toast. Soggy toast. And she has to go as soon as there's a unity candidate who can gather all factions of the parliamentary party together, overturn the current party rules, and get a new leader/PM in asap...
Sorry I feel as though I am following you around - and that is the problem. It is the same problem that was there back in the Summer. There isn't anyone who can/will do the job and unity is gone. 

patman post

Truss is holed below the waterline — apologies for whatever image that conjures up — but she's toast. Soggy toast. And she has to go as soon as there's a unity candidate who can gather all factions of the parliamentary party together, overturn the current party rules, and get a new leader/PM in asap...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 17, 2022, 12:41:25 PM
Yes on your part. If nothing else what has occurred since 2016, should tell those with the least intellect that being in the EU or not was only ever a small part of any problem this country had stored up for any number of years.
It is far beyond a one issue situation we now face. We should always have concentrated on making sure the people running our affairs here , knew what they were doing in the real interests of all in the country. Brexit only took our eye right off the ball the Tories had happily kicked down the road for nine years, to where we are at now.
People in general will vote on where we are now.
What happened was remain lost because the Westminster party were convinced, they couldn't possibly lose, since then we have mainly expats kicking up a fuss, who didn't get a vote anyway and expect everyone else to rally around them when they have chosen a life in the EU while travelling back for NHS treatment, who are miffed because they thought they could have the best of both worlds. Sun and cheap booze can certainly turn a few. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Hopefully, like a rotten cop, she'll be allowed to retire through ill health without any penalty after a unifying replacement can be found.

Potential replacements will probably be seen strutting their stuff while standing in for her during various sessions. 

So she could be gone soon...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HDQQ

I didn't vote on this one as I have no idea how long Liz Truss will carry on. If they stick to the current rules, where a Tory leader can't be challenged for a year after they've been elected, then there would certainly be a leadership challenge when that year is up. If the 1922 Committee changes the rules, then she could be gone in a week or two. But there's nothing stopping a Tory leader from choosing to resign, which she might well do if she sees her future as PM being a nightmare of her own making. If she goes, she'll be able to get some counselling from Jeremy Corbyn.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 17, 2022, 11:18:13 AM
Total ignorance as it happens. But then who would expect anything different.

Yes on your part. If nothing else what has occurred since 2016, should tell those with the least intellect that being in the EU or not was only ever a small part of any problem this country had stored up for any number of years.
It is far beyond a one issue situation we now face. We should always have concentrated on making sure the people running our affairs here , knew what they were doing in the real interests of all in the country. Brexit only took our eye right off the ball the Tories had happily kicked down the road for nine years, to where we are at now.
People in general will vote on where we are now.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on October 17, 2022, 12:19:36 PM
None of which detracts from the fact that I never mentioned Long-Bailey, nor do I see her being in a position to even try and sort anything out anytime soon. So as is your wont you are attacking me for things you have imagined again.

Ah I see so giving you a fair warning at what is going on is attacking you. When actually I was just bringing you into the conversation and giving you an insight.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on October 17, 2022, 12:07:14 PM
I am quoting you because, being on the left of Labour you need a shakeup. In my opinion. Because somebody is writing pie in the sky to get Starmer in.
None of which detracts from the fact that I never mentioned Long-Bailey, nor do I see her being in a position to even try and sort anything out anytime soon. So as is your wont you are attacking me for things you have imagined again.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on October 17, 2022, 12:01:42 PM
Why are you quoting me? I never even mentioned Long-Bailey.
I am quoting you because, being on the left of Labour you need a shakeup. In my opinion. Because somebody is writing pie in the sky to get Starmer in.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on October 17, 2022, 11:40:36 AM
So we have a The Wah·habi king who regularly takes cash payment and other means, a yank controlled corporate government and a globalist EU who cannot make up their minds which global power is in their own best interests and you all reckon Long Bailey will be fixing any of it. Laughable.
Why are you quoting me? I never even mentioned Long-Bailey.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on October 17, 2022, 11:36:51 AM
She'll be gone by Christmas. And quite possibly sooner.

So we have a The Wah·habi king who regularly takes cash payment and other means, a yank controlled corporate government and a globalist EU who cannot make up their minds which global power is in their own best interests and you all reckon Long Bailey will be fixing any of it. Laughable. 

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on October 16, 2022, 09:32:47 AM
Before Truss is gone?
She'll be gone by Christmas. And quite possibly sooner.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 17, 2022, 09:33:40 AM
Yes , Boris, stood on a dream, offered to resolve the turmoil surrounding that dream.
To all intents he failed to deliver.
All that is left for potential voters is . Can they meet the cost of staying in their house, and if so , can they heat it through out the year and consume enough food to remain healthy. If they can cope with that they might be foolish enough to think the Tories would ever fully enact Brexit . Brexit is no longer the prime mover, whether you were for it , or not.

Total ignorance as it happens. But then who would expect anything different.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2022, 09:02:05 PM
Yes, our best hope is a vote winner that got an eighty seat majority. 14 million votes and 163 seats more than your beloved Corbyn. Voted in by the country, out by a few MP's. You seem to be misjudging the mood Steve.
Yes , Boris, stood on a dream, offered to resolve the turmoil surrounding that dream.
To all intents he failed to deliver.
All that is left for potential voters is . Can they meet the cost of staying in their house, and if so , can they heat it through out the year and consume enough food to remain healthy. If they can cope with that they might be foolish enough to think the Tories would ever fully enact Brexit . Brexit is no longer the prime mover, whether you were for it , or not.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2022, 09:02:05 PM
Yes, our best hope is a vote winner that got an eighty seat majority. 14 million votes and 163 seats more than your beloved Corbyn. Voted in by the country, out by a few MP's. You seem to be misjudging the mood Steve.
And you seem to be totally missing the collapse in his popularity borne of three years of constant lying and corruption since then.....which is why they ditched him in the first place. Their mistake was in replacing him with someone far worse in policy terms.

If your best hope is Johnson....if that really is your best hope.....you are in trouble. lol