Project Fear

Started by patman post, October 17, 2022, 11:43:58 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on October 23, 2022, 03:22:51 PM
Are you sure about that

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/sep/30/uk-is-only-g7-country-with-smaller-economy-than-before-covid-19

https://archive.ph/nLgi4
Yes quite sure , remoaners cherry picking data doesnt alter the UK's performance in relation to Brexit which by the way isn't mentioned once in either of your links .

The Guardianista  one blames covid for its findings .

The Torygraph has the headline but no guts in its report . The thing is every economy has its ups and downs , comparissions are made with whoever is on the up by those seeking to 'prove' the Brexit angle ,are you or remoaniacs in general going to blame Brexit on every dip ? 

Rejoiners try to link every piece of bad news to Brexit , take data from selective time periods and basically hope their lives will be misserable . 

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 23, 2022, 01:08:33 PM
Actually it hasn't . The facts would indicate brexit has had little impact , Our GDP since 2016 has been in line with other major economies . Investment has been as we would have expected as if we hadn't left . Trade with the EU has recovered after an intial dip and they are even buying our fish

The value of the £ can be directly linked to the dollars strength , the euro and the yen have also fallen in value . The mini buget may have caused a further dip in value but this has nothing to do with Brexit but rather world economics and the markets not liking conservative policy's
Are you sure about that

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/sep/30/uk-is-only-g7-country-with-smaller-economy-than-before-covid-19

https://archive.ph/nLgi4

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on October 23, 2022, 04:59:21 AM

Personally, I like that Gerry challenges your Brexit orthodoxy, because Brexit has been an economic crock of shite.
Actually it hasn't . The facts would indicate brexit has had little impact , Our GDP since 2016 has been in line with other major economies . Investment has been as we would have expected as if we hadn't left . Trade with the EU has recovered after an intial dip and they are even buying our fish 

The value of the £ can be directly linked to the dollars strength , the euro and the yen have also fallen in value . The mini buget may have caused a further dip in value but this has nothing to do with Brexit but rather world economics and the markets not liking conservative policy's 

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 23, 2022, 02:23:27 AM
The reason you don't back him Steve is because you know he is some lonely individual that thinks we care what he thinks. The fact is he sits in his little office concluding that the poor people of the U.K. are so upset that they have to pay £3 to enter the EU now that he sees Brexit as a disaster.
I know nothing of the kind and certainly know far more about what I know than you or anyone else does. Unless you have mind reading skills so awesome that you know my thoughts better than I do. In which case, I would keep quiet about it if I were you or you'll end up in some government lab.

As for Gerry, I get the hostility from you lot. He is forever coming here trying to burst your Brexit bubble and you don't like it to be challenged. And are probably finding it tiresome having to refute him all the time. So, tiring of the challenge, you choose to tell him to feck off as if the loss of another member is some kind of forum positive.

Personally, I like that Gerry challenges your Brexit orthodoxy, because Brexit has been an economic crock of shite.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on October 22, 2022, 11:02:37 PM
Just because facts are unwelcome, doesn't mean they cease to be facts.

Gerry speaks more sense than most Brexiteers I have ever heard. The reason I don't back him up is because he is trying to use reason to debate with the deluded, and I think that's an unrewarding pastime I'd rather not get drawn into.
The reason you don't back him Steve is because you know he is some lonely individual that thinks we care what he thinks. The fact is he sits in his little office concluding that the poor people of the U.K. are so upset that they have to pay £3 to enter the EU now that he sees Brexit as a disaster. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 22, 2022, 10:52:01 PM
GERRY, WE DON't CARE. Same old boring crap, as Barry says toodaloo.
Just because facts are unwelcome, doesn't mean they cease to be facts.

Gerry speaks more sense than most Brexiteers I have ever heard. The reason I don't back him up is because he is trying to use reason to debate with the deluded, and I think that's an unrewarding pastime I'd rather not get drawn into.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 22, 2022, 01:47:17 PM
Very observant of you.
Of course it is, why no blame covid or the war. "look over there", it's nothing to do with brexit.  Why don't you explain what they don't know and what you would do ?
I am not wrong, all you had to do was trigger art50 and you were out. The fact that you had an internal UK process to do that has nothing what so ever to do with the EU. Just more UK bureaucracy.

That is democracy, being able to speak your mind, and on cue you come back with those lazy slogans, designed to strip people of critical thinking.  Was that the case Gina won, when Johnson the liar tried to prorogue parliament by Lying to the Queen to force through Brexit and in doing so break the democratic process in the UK ?  :D:D you have a very funny version of democracy.
GERRY, WE DON't CARE. Same old boring crap, as Barry says toodaloo. 

Barry

I'm really sorry we voted to leave the EU, Gerry. You are right, we made a terrible mistake and we will all have to pay as UK PLC slides down the toilet.
We all took notice of a red bus and closet racists wanted rid of the Irish. 
Now we've admitted how wrong we were, will you go away?
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 02:31:20 PMAnd the last time I looked you weren't part of the UK.
Very observant of you.

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 02:31:20 PMWe have taken back control, it's just a succession of crap Home Secretaries haven't used the control.
Of course it is, why no blame covid or the war. "look over there", it's nothing to do with brexit.  Why don't you explain what they don't know and what you would do ?

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 02:31:20 PMAs for A50, you're wrong again, we had Remoaners like Gina Miller fighting against democracy every inch of the way
I am not wrong, all you had to do was trigger art50 and you were out. The fact that you had an internal UK process to do that has nothing what so ever to do with the EU. Just more UK bureaucracy. 

That is democracy, being able to speak your mind, and on cue you come back with those lazy slogans, designed to strip people of critical thinking.  Was that the case Gina won, when Johnson the liar tried to prorogue parliament by Lying to the Queen to force through Brexit and in doing so break the democratic process in the UK ?  :D:D you have a very funny version of democracy.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 21, 2022, 01:43:06 PM
Well, not that much time. My politics ?  It's UK politics we're discussing, remember the subject, project fear, turns out there's some truth behind all that and the lies are the catchy phrases like "remoaners" "project fear" "take back control" and my favourite "get brexit done", Jesus all you had to do was trigger art50 and you had brexit done.
And the last time I looked you weren't part of the UK.
We have taken back control, it's just a succession of crap Home Secretaries haven't used the control. As for A50, you're wrong again, we had Remoaners like Gina Miller fighting against democracy every inch of the way

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 02:01:06 AM
And your own politics is so boring you spend your time here 😂.
Well, not that much time. My politics ?  It's UK politics we're discussing, remember the subject, project fear, turns out there's some truth behind all that and the lies are the catchy phrases like "remoaners" "project fear" "take back control" and my favourite "get brexit done", Jesus all you had to do was trigger art50 and you had brexit done.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 21, 2022, 12:59:16 AM
You do realise that NI is part of the UK, under Westminster jurisdiction, just another part of the current tory circus. NI is just another part of the world touched by British hands, turned into a basket area for the past 100 yrs. But there's hope for NI as its young people are less entrenched in Unionist/Nationalist identities they will carve their own futures. They have a foot in the EU and a foot in the UK, they have a chance. If the DUP keep this bycot up, for no reason other than they lost, it only helps drive people away from them. The rest of the UK has, well who's next, back to Boris :D . Yes pure comedy gold.
And your own politics is so boring you spend your time here 😂. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2022, 10:53:29 PM
How about the fact SF can't even form a government, now that's comedy. 😂
You do realise that NI is part of the UK, under Westminster jurisdiction, just another part of the current tory circus. NI is just another part of the world touched by British hands, turned into a basket area for the past 100 yrs. But there's hope for NI as it's young people are less entrenched in Unionist/Nationalist identities they will carve their own futures. They have a foot in the EU and a foot in the UK, they have a chance. If the DUP keep this bycot up, for no reason other than they lost, it only helps drive people away from them. The rest of the UK has, well who's next, back to Boris :D . Yes pure comedy gold.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 20, 2022, 09:36:41 PM
Jesus, with the pantomime that is UK politics and you manage to lecture others about being grown up :D:D:D
How about the fact SF can't even form a government, now that's comedy. 😂 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 20, 2022, 10:01:45 PM
Every country that joined  fudged its data to become members of the euro club . The deluded founders of it soon found that the entry requirements they had set would result in it being a club of none . But of course it was a political project not a monetary one so the rules were put aside
More likely the EU totally disregarded their own rules to get the numbers up to where they wanted them. We're yet to see what the eurosceptic Italian government is yet to do, watch how the EU throws cash at them to keep hold of them.