Project Fear

Started by patman post, October 17, 2022, 11:43:58 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2022, 03:29:24 PM
The link you posted was government propaganda, easily proved to be when energy exports are taken out of the equation.

The disaster that Brexit has been is a major news item today.
It's a waste of time even trying to debate with you, you're just a snake in the grass. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 22, 2022, 01:01:32 PM
Strange cause yesterday you said it wasn't a high, so you admit you were wrong then?
The link you posted was government propaganda, easily proved to be when energy exports are taken out of the equation.

The disaster that Brexit has been is a major news item today.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2022, 07:58:07 AM
Nick the "the historic high" is due to the export of energy not goods.  The reality is this:-
Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2022, 08:32:56 PM
They aren't though.

Strange cause yesterday you said it wasn't a high, so you admit you were wrong then?

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2022, 12:26:08 PM
A lot of "they" in there Nick. Yea it's so easy, leave the Eu holding all the cards, they need us more than we need them and a jolly spiffing UK attitude of rule the world should do it.  The UK opted for a hard brexit, you don't get free trade with that approach, hence the mess. What you need is a proper voting system that stops electing nut jobs, crooks and charlatans and try get a Govt that stops lying to the people and realises the empire is dead, to trade there is give and take, not take and take.
Oh I don't know Gerry it seems a few on high are on the take,the Greek woman and others which you are studiously ignoring.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 22, 2022, 11:55:04 AM
They have had 6 years to get them selves sorted and prepared, if they can't be bothered then they deserve what they get.
A lot of "they" in there Nick. Yea it's so easy, leave the Eu holding all the cards, they need us more than we need them and a jolly spiffing UK attitude of rule the world should do it.  The UK opted for a hard brexit, you don't get free trade with that approach, hence the mess. What you need is a proper voting system that stops electing nut jobs, crooks and charlatans and try get a Govt that stops lying to the people and realises the empire is dead, to trade there is give and take, not take and take.

Nick

They have had 6 years to get them selves sorted and prepared, if they can't be bothered then they deserve what they get. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 21, 2022, 08:44:28 PM
Strange how you only quote the bits that prove your point, how about you post the rest?

As I said, historic high!!
Nick the "the historic high" is due to the export of energy not goods.  The reality is this:-

https://www.britishchambers.org.uk/news/2022/12/brexit-trade-deal-not-delivering

DECEMBER 21 2022
Brexit Trade Deal Not Delivering
More than three quarters (77%) of firms, for which the Brexit deal is applicable, say it is not helping them increase sales or grow their business

More than half (56%) of firms face difficulties adapting to the new rules for trading goods
Almost half (45%) face difficulties adapting to the new rules for trading services, and a similar number (44%) report difficulties obtaining visas for staff

The BCC has sent the Government a report setting out solutions to many of the issues
New data released today from a survey of more than 1,168 businesses (92% SMEs) shows significant challenges for UK firms trying to use the Trade and Co-operation Agreement (TCA).

The TCA was agreed on Christmas Eve in 2020 to allow tariff-free trade with the EU once Brexit took effect.

But a high proportion of businesses say they are still having major problems trying to use the deal to trade with Europe.

The BCC has sent the Government a report setting out the main issues the TCA is causing with solutions to many of the problems.

The survey also found that alongside problems with the TCA, four in five (80%) firms had seen the cost of importing increase since January, more than half (53%) had seen their sales margins decrease and almost three quarters (70%) of manufacturers had experienced shortages of goods and services.

Streetwalker

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2022, 08:32:56 PM
They aren't though.

UK trade - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

• Goods imports from the EU rose by £2.0 billion (8.3%) in October 2022, following a subdued September.
  • The value of goods exports decreased by £0.7 billion (2.2%) in October 2022, with exports to both EU and non-EU countries falling; after removing the effect of inflation, exports of goods decreased by £1.3 billion (4.7%).
Strange how you only quote the bits that prove your point, how about you post the rest?

As I said, historic high!!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 21, 2022, 08:30:43 PM
U.K. exports to the EU are at an all time high,
They aren't though.

UK trade - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

• Goods imports from the EU rose by £2.0 billion (8.3%) in October 2022, following a subdued September.
  • The value of goods exports decreased by £0.7 billion (2.2%) in October 2022, with exports to both EU and non-EU countries falling; after removing the effect of inflation, exports of goods decreased by £1.3 billion (4.7%).

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2022, 03:17:10 PM
Nick Jacob  Rees Mogg is getting his head ripped off every time he appears on TV by small business people who were pro Brexit. Brexit has added massively to their costs with regulation and paperwork making it is not profitable for them to export to the EU.
U.K. exports to the EU are at an all time high, strange how all these businesses are losing money doing it don't you think?

Problem is, you don't want the truth, you just want one headline to hang your Tory hatred on. Here are the real figures.

Nick

Nick Jacob  Rees Mogg is getting his head ripped off every time he appears on TV by small business people who were pro Brexit. Brexit has added massively to their costs with regulation and paperwork making it is not profitable for them to export to the EU.
Yet more untruths. Please post links to JRM being destroyed on TV! You watched Politics Live today where he refuted what ONE other panellist said, but that translates to head ripped off in the world of PS. 

Borchester

Which means the downfall of the Tories and the destruction of the Mogg !

There you are Pappy, there is a Santa Claus !

Then again, it could be said that there has never been a time when small business people have not complained about costs incurred from regulation and paperwork, but I am sure that this is a special case :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 21, 2022, 12:54:09 PM
From your own article.

The government's own forecaster, the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR), considers Brexit to be an economic "shock" but [highlight]separating Brexit's impact from that of Covid and the war in Ukraine is tricky.[/highlight]

This is supposition and someone's opinion, not worth the paper it's written, because being in the EU would have meant our reaction to Covid would have been hampered and our recovery much slower.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2022, 10:45:57 AM
Nick it has been widely reported today and yesterday:-

Brexit costs government £40 billion a year in lost tax revenue | ITV News

From your own article. 

The government's own forecaster, the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR), considers Brexit to be an economic "shock" but [highlight]separating Brexit's impact from that of Covid and the war in Ukraine is tricky.[/highlight]

This is supposition and someone's opinion, not worth the paper it's written, because being in the EU would have meant our reaction to Covid would have been hampered and our recovery much slower.