Main Menu

Another forum

Started by srb7677, November 01, 2022, 10:30:47 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on November 06, 2022, 05:10:45 PM
To be fair, you have hardly any members, but that is the way you want it so there you are.
We have over a hundred members, but the politics forum business is a bit slow at the moment. Our 3 sister forums are the same.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 06, 2022, 04:44:16 PM
Yes I know.

Quote from: Nick on November 06, 2022, 04:29:16 PM
We don't have any banned members ATM, just one disabled account.
To be fair, you have hardly any members, but that is the way you want it so there you are.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 06, 2022, 04:29:16 PM
Yes I know.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: Barry on November 06, 2022, 03:53:22 PM
How on earth did you delete and re-install pol-tics, or is your computer language different to other people who know what they are talking about? You'll be calling making a post on a forum, "uploading" next.
Easy — except I have iMac and iPad and (rarely used for posting) iPhone, and use both Safari and Firefox.

Nevertheless, for Safari, I clicked manage website data. Selected website, then clicked remove.

For Firefox, it was a bit more complicated. I opened Browser, clicked Options, chose Privacy and Security, went to Cookies and Site Data and clicked Manage Data, selected site, clicked Remove and then Save Changes.

So, for a while, I reckon I'd deleted all stored data on pol-tics.com. There may be easier ways of doing it, but it seems to have worked...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 06, 2022, 04:23:39 PM
Have I ?
The actuality was the last ban was in Feb of this year the other two were made at the request of the posters who were not getting on with each other and not for any breach of forum rules.

But as usual some added two and two and made five.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 06, 2022, 03:44:50 PM
Sorry Ollie, I forgot that you had been banning twice as many folk as anyone else :)
Have I ?
The actuality was the last ban was in Feb of this year the other two were made at the request of the posters who were not getting on with each other and not for any breach of forum rules.

But as usual some added two and two and made five.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 06, 2022, 03:53:22 PM
How on earth did you delete and re-install pol-tics, or is your computer language different to other people who know what they are talking about? You'll be calling making a post on a forum, "uploading" next.
He didn't, talk about digging a hole lol

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 06, 2022, 03:44:50 PM
Sorry Ollie, I forgot that you had been banning twice as many folk as anyone else :)
Cheeky! I thought you were good at numbers. Dancing

Barry

Quote from: patman post on November 06, 2022, 03:28:49 PM
I'm also pleased that having deleted and reinstalling pol-tics, it is now much quicker moving between threads and posting on here, that it was yesterday afternoon.

How on earth did you delete and re-install pol-tics, or is your computer language different to other people who know what they are talking about? You'll be calling making a post on a forum, "uploading" next.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 05, 2022, 01:55:13 AM
All very well for you to crow but for someone that boasts their prowess at maths yet you think there's three mods here but in fact have only been two for a long time. :P

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: patman post on November 01, 2022, 03:38:34 PM
The registration process went wrong for me too, and only gave me half my name.
I am happy to be able to report that my name in "the other place" is now being shown in full.

I'm also pleased that having deleted and reinstalling pol-tics, it is now much quicker moving between threads and posting on here, that it was yesterday afternoon.

Perhaps I might try an avatar next...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 05, 2022, 03:00:00 PM
I hope it includes uploading in under six seconds — otherwise several of the more senior posters won't be around long enough to take full advantage...

PS — make that 11 sec...
Strange!! You haven't uploaded anything, let me know what you uploaded that took so long and I will show you the logs. I'm sure you won't, no one likes to have the evidence presented that they are talking cak in front of everyone. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on November 03, 2022, 09:28:04 PM
Yes, we have a very generous loyalty program, unfortunately you don't qualify!!
I hope it includes uploading in under six seconds — otherwise several of the more senior posters won't be around long enough to take full advantage...

PS — make that 11 sec...

HDQQ

I don't think I could cope with belonging to more than one political forum and I haven't seen this new one yet. 

I did join another well established forum a long time ago but I've never been active on it and I can't remember my user name on there, let alone my password! 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on November 05, 2022, 08:33:05 AM
But didn't Nick ban Thomas? That's a mod action. So there's de facto 3.
Well Steve C on pp forum banned people from time to time but he was always admin....when you could find him.

The reply though had this :P so wasn't entirely serious.