Main Menu

I went outside...

Started by DeppityDawg, February 01, 2020, 11:08:26 AM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas post_id=14975 time=1580574216 user_id=58
Well deppity , finished work yesterday , went down the pub for a pint and my tea , came home and listened to some music and fell asleep in the armchair. Usual friday night fare.

So nope , the sky is still there.

Here we are day one of the new brexit dawn , and as far as im aware , the only things of note is Belfast port erecting gantries to control goods from the rest of the yookay into the" quasi  european" northern irish part of the EU superstate , and this.......

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/01/brexit-trade-talks-eu-to-back-spain-over-gibraltar-claims">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... tar-claims">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/01/brexit-trade-talks-eu-to-back-spain-over-gibraltar-claims

I did wonder what had happened about gibraltar , as things have been extremely quiet . Looks like its back on the agenda as being at the top of bojos list of future headaches racing down the line towards westminster.

Personally  , i think we are all in for an interesting year ahead........

Good. So that's all the reports in from Jockland. Sky still in place  :lol:

Jesus, even Barry has got the Cornwall virus now!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry post_id=14973 time=1580570852 user_id=51
Best video ever, DD.

Look, just being pedantic, as it seems to be the want of some, you said at 06:00 you looked up at the sky. No problem. BYT said it was sunny, rainbows etc. but never mentioned what time it was, so whether it was dark or not at 06:00 is irreverent.

The hamsters are brilliant. My Mrs loved that, too.  :hattip

Ok, Ok, papa fecking smurf  :lol:

I looked up at the sky. It failed to fall on my head. It appears to have failed to fall on anyones head. Yet. Who cares what the fecking time was ffs?

As for BYT, she won't have been hoovering, and thats a fact  :lol:

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14983 time=1580577564 user_id=89
Looking up into the sky where I live is a risky business, you might get an eyeful of seagull turd.

A few decades ago I was driving near Peterborough when a herring gull was suddenly relieved of its constipation over my car. The thud almost broke the windscreen and the mess was too much for wipers and washers to dispense with!

Thought I'd just share that, didn't see that coming. Irreverent was intentional, Cromwell, do keep up.  :lol:
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=14982 time=1580576626 user_id=48
It was irreverent? why is it disrespectful to look up at 06:00? :roll:  :lol:

Looking up into the sky where I live is a risky business, you might get an eyeful of seagull turd.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=14973 time=1580570852 user_id=51
Best video ever, DD.

Look, just being pedantic, as it seems to be the want of some, you said at 06:00 you looked up at the sky. No problem. BYT said it was sunny, rainbows etc. but never mentioned what time it was, so whether it was dark or not at 06:00 is irreverent.

It was irreverent? why is it disrespectful to look up at 06:00? :roll:  :lol:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=14923 time=1580555306 user_id=50
...this morning. At about 06.00. For a smoke. Like you do. If you smoke, that is.

I looked up. Just to check that the sky wasn't going to fall on my head. I'm happy to report that it didn't.

Has the sky fallen on anyone else's head since 23.00 last night? If it has, please report it here.

No, but a shitload of wet stuff did fall on mine. I think God was taking a sly piss while everyone's attention was diverted
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=14936 time=1580556946 user_id=50
Ok, thanks for that. Guys. And Girls of course. So the sky still appears to be...erm...in the sky.

Actually, Toots, I'm waiting for Rob Roy to report on the skys position in Scotland before we can definitively report that it hasn't actually fallen on anyones head yet. TV dishes notwithstanding.

Beelbeeb is currently calculating the skys exact position in relation to the UK, so hopefully, he will confirm later than the sky is indeed still in the sky.

Well deppity , finished work yesterday , went down the pub for a pint and my tea , came home and listened to some music and fell asleep in the armchair. Usual friday night fare.

So nope , the sky is still there.

Here we are day one of the new brexit dawn , and as far as im aware , the only things of note is Belfast port erecting gantries to control goods from the rest of the yookay into the" quasi  european" northern irish part of the EU superstate , and this.......

Brexit trade talks: EU to back Spain over Gibraltar claims

Territory's economy at risk unless UK reaches agreement with Madrid over ownership

The EU will back Spain over its territorial claims to Gibraltar in the next phase of Brexit negotiations by giving Madrid the power to exclude the British overseas territory from any trade deal struck with Brussels.

The Observer has learned that the Spanish government has insisted on reference to the Rock in the EU's opening negotiating position, which will be published in draft form on Monday.

Boris Johnson will be presented with the choice of reaching agreement with the Spaniards about Gibraltar's future or exposing its citizens to economic peril by pushing it outside any EU-UK trade deal.

"They have in principle asked that the new relationship not apply to Gibraltar without the explicit consent of Spain, which will only be given if the bilateral talks with Spain and the UK over the rock are resolved," a senior EU diplomat said
[/b]

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/01/brexit-trade-talks-eu-to-back-spain-over-gibraltar-claims">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... tar-claims">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/01/brexit-trade-talks-eu-to-back-spain-over-gibraltar-claims

I did wonder what had happened about gibraltar , as things have been extremely quiet . Looks like its back on the agenda as being at the top of bojos list of future headaches racing down the line towards westminster.

Personally  , i think we are all in for an interesting year ahead........
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Bright Young Thing

<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

Barry

Best video ever, DD.

† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

Of course it was dark you idiot...oh look for feck sake....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=14968 time=1580569162 user_id=50
I don't troll everybody elses threads with banal crap. I don't take everything that's ever written on here literally. I don't constantly post annoying responses like the one you've posted above to BYT - says 06.00 in the OP - try fecking READING it.

Now feck off and annoy someone else.

But wasn't it dark at 06:00?  :lol:
† The end is nigh †

Bright Young Thing

Ok chaps, time to gather round and sing Kumbaya, Deppity if you could tune the guitar, and Papa if you could pass round the mung bean casserole that would be awesome.

and in real life, can we get back on topic please!
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=14968 time=1580569162 user_id=50
I don't troll everybody elses threads with banal crap.

Actually you do.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14967 time=1580568868 user_id=89
That appears to be your life's mission.

I don't troll everybody elses threads with banal crap. I don't take everything that's ever written on here literally. I don't constantly post annoying responses like the one you've posted above to BYT - says 06.00 in the OP - try fecking READING it.

Now feck off and annoy someone else.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=14966 time=1580566700 user_id=50
He'll never get it. Being an irritating **** is his lifes mission.

That appears to be your life's mission.