Labour to abolish the old age pension

Started by Borchester, January 27, 2023, 06:29:14 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2023, 03:35:14 PM
The problem being few people know about that.
The problem being those who want to exploit it do 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 09, 2023, 02:48:20 PM
Read the pension credits advice and tell me that Im wrong
The problem being few people know about that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2023, 08:56:51 AM
I am totally astounded that given the dire situation after 13 years of Tory misgovernment that you believe that.
Read the pension credits advice and tell me that Im wrong 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2023, 12:52:04 PM
Your blindness to the people of Britain's problems is whining.
Are you planning on ever posting something remotely intesting and not resembling a 12 year old boys post? Or should I just delete your account permanently?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 09, 2023, 12:35:38 PM
But your incessant whining is.
Your blindness to the people of Britain's problems is whining.

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 09, 2023, 10:12:37 AM
Its boring because you say the same crap over and over again.
The inconvenient truth is not crap.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2023, 10:04:52 AM
Nick it is only boring to you because you must walk around doing an impression of the three wise monkeys. 
Its boring because you say the same crap over and over again. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 09, 2023, 09:59:37 AM

Nick it is only boring to you because you must walk around doing an impression of the three wise monkeys. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2023, 08:56:51 AM
I am totally astounded that given the dire situation after 13 years of Tory misgovernment that you believe that.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 09, 2023, 07:14:36 AM
 Nobody goes without in the welfare state , 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2023, 10:38:12 PM
NIC is 31 years, if you've missed you have 6 years to top up or you will get a proportion of the pension.
I think that would be topped up with pension credits if you don't have savings . Nobody goes without in the welfare state , its why half the world want's to come here 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 08, 2023, 09:50:54 PM
How about three years ?I don't pretend to know how it all works Jog but as I've mentioned elsewhere they wouldn't give me a penny because I haven't paid nat insurance for 3 years . Apparently only the last two years count , never mind the full card in the previous 45 . Which of course will give me enough for a full pension but not enough for a bit of sick money .

It does stick in the craw , do feck all all your life and your better off than a guy who has done his bit and missed a few weeks paying NI

Go figure ?
NIC is 31 years, if you've missed you have 6 years to top up or you will get a proportion of the pension. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on October 08, 2023, 07:08:00 PM
 But god knows how anyone could manage if they had to take an entire month off.
How about three years ?
Quote from: johnofgwent on October 08, 2023, 07:24:12 PM
My instant reply to the hod carrier question is that they may have been paying since 16 but how much of that actually qualified ? I've paid far more in over the reduced years, for most of my life i've been ripped off to get sod all
I don't pretend to know how it all works Jog but as I've mentioned elsewhere they wouldn't give me a penny because I haven't paid nat insurance for 3 years . Apparently only the last two years count , never mind the full card in the previous 45 . Which of course will give me enough for a full pension but not enough for a bit of sick money .

It does stick in the craw , do feck all all your life and your better off than a guy who has done his bit and missed a few weeks paying NI 

Go figure ?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 01, 2023, 03:25:49 PM
Well OK there is normally something else to do but starting at the bottom in retail when your 55 doesnt sound like much fun .This is my gripe with the pension . Manual workers as you say go straight into a job and start earning (and paying the stamp ) at say 16 . By the time they have reached pension age (66)  they have been paying in for 50 years . Those seeking further education , university and whatever probably wont actually start work (time they have had a gap year ect) for another ten years so they only pay in for 40 years .

Would it really be that unfair to be able to say to my hod carrier that he can have his pension at 60 ?If you have people in your household working you have no chance of getting anything on the sick if your self employed ,at best statatory sick pay  which last time I looked was about £50 a week . Your right though they do pay your stamp but thats pretty meaningless if you have enough years in the pot anyway
My instant reply to the hod carrier question is that they may have been paying since 16 but how much of that actually qualified ? I've paid far more in over the reduced years, for most of my life i've been ripped off to get sod all
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>