I hear on the grapevine

Started by Sheepy, February 02, 2023, 08:17:55 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 04, 2023, 08:48:53 PM
People will always find an excuse for using such terms, BTW, the N word is also detailed in the Collins dictionary, is that also acceptable to you?

Well it is cut out of several songs these days. (Or the songs not sung anymore.) Ag Pleez Deddy, Jeremy Taylor. Changed to negroes in the Sun has got his hat on, hip hip hip hooray. There are numerous other examples.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2023, 05:30:42 PM
Nick I am using what is common parlance about London, even in the media/press. (Melanie Phillips even used it in a book title:- Londonistan: How Britain Created a Terror State within

ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1908096276  ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1908096272 )

Londonistan definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary (collinsdictionary.com)

Definition of 'Londonistan'

Londonistan in British English
(lʌnˈdʌnɪˌstɑːn IPA Pronunciation Guide)
NOUN
an informal name for London, as considered by some people as a base for radical Islamists
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers
Word origin
C20: from London + Persian -stan place of; modelled on Pakistan and Afghanistan

People will always find an excuse for using such terms, BTW, the N word is also detailed in the Collins dictionary, is that also acceptable to you?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 04, 2023, 03:28:14 PM
But it's ok to use unsavoury language about other cultures? What a nice chap you are.
Nick I am using what is common parlance about London, even in the media/press. (Melanie Phillips even used it in a book title:- Londonistan: How Britain Created a Terror State within

ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1908096276  ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1908096272 )

Londonistan definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary (collinsdictionary.com)

Definition of 'Londonistan'

Londonistan in British English
(lʌnˈdʌnɪˌstɑːn IPA Pronunciation Guide)
NOUN
an informal name for London, as considered by some people as a base for radical Islamists
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers
Word origin
C20: from London + Persian -stan place of; modelled on Pakistan and Afghanistan

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2023, 01:24:10 PM
They don't get their fair share.
But it's ok to use unsavoury language about other cultures? What a nice chap you are. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 04, 2023, 01:22:36 PM
Every time you post about the poor and needy not get their fair share.
They don't get their fair share.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2023, 07:46:59 AM
When have I ever "preached" inclusivity?
Every time you post about the poor and needy not get their fair share. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 03, 2023, 09:29:20 PM
People have been using the N word since the 1800, if not longer, doesn't make it right or decent. For someone who preaches inclusivity you are ignorant of what it means.
When have I ever "preached" inclusivity?

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2023, 08:52:17 PM
Nick London has been nicknamed Londonistan for a very long time now, from as far back as the 1970s.

Population replacement by any other name it would be called invasion. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

This obsession with global control always ends badly historically, always has always will, 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2023, 08:52:17 PM
Nick London has been nicknamed Londonistan for a very long time now, from as far back as the 1970s.
People have been using the N word since the 1800, if not longer, doesn't make it right or decent. For someone who preaches inclusivity you are ignorant of what it means. 

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on February 03, 2023, 04:35:05 PM
Another benefit of colonisation.

Being hunted to near extinction in Tasmania, and driven off their lands on the mainland by an incompatible culture is likely to leave scars — one of which is possibly the common human failing of seeking solace in harmful substances...

That is no excuse for the Abos buggering their own children
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 03, 2023, 08:15:20 PM
Can't disagree, man's inhumanity to man. And it starts with disrespectful comments  regarding our capital, calling it Londonistan for having a very multicultural population. The benefit of being ignorant is that they don't know they're ignorant. 😉

Nick

Quote from: patman post on February 03, 2023, 04:35:05 PM
Another benefit of colonisation.

Being hunted to near extinction in Tasmania, and driven off their lands on the mainland by an incompatible culture is likely to leave scars — one of which is possibly the common human failing of seeking solace in harmful substances...
Can't disagree, man's inhumanity to man. And it starts with disrespectful comments  regarding our capital, calling it Londonistan for having a very multicultural population. The benefit of being ignorant is that they don't know they're ignorant. 😉

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on February 03, 2023, 04:46:17 PM
Don't forget that America also had British penal colonies. The difference is that the US threw aside British rule and became a sovereign nation.

Neither Australia nor Canada did and, while being distinct countries, were held back by British legal ties, while the US forged ahead...

The US forged ahead?  Really? Third world poverty, (the poor are not all black either.) They let psychopaths have free access to firearms, including the police.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2023, 02:42:53 PM
Their biggest problem is the white people who invaded Australia when all the convicts were exported from Britain to Australia.
Don't forget that America also had British penal colonies. The difference is that the US threw aside British rule and became a sovereign nation.

Neither Australia nor Canada did and, while being distinct countries, were held back by British legal ties, while the US forged ahead...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...