Bring Back Boris?

Started by patman post, May 05, 2023, 12:24:03 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on May 10, 2023, 05:13:00 PM
I merely think the Tories are the worst by far of a shabby shower.

Let's have a look.  Labour wanted MORE restrictions during 'Covid' (which caused damage), more vaccination (money for big pharma), more energy restrictions (via green tech and therefore more money for big tech), they support funding of Zelensky as much as Tories (money for arms industry), they want more immigration (more free money for immigrants, and higher cost of living), and that's the tip of the Labour Shiteberg.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 10, 2023, 04:50:28 PM
Same as Labour did but you never mention that about your beloved Labour.
Nick I am not a member of, supported of, or proselytiser for ANY political party. I merely think the Tories are the worst by far of a shabby shower.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 09:45:39 PM
Governments have a duty of care to all citizens. As for putting infrastructure in place, the Tories have failed at that for the last 13 years.
Same as Labour did but you never mention that about your beloved Labour. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2023, 08:31:48 PM
Governments are not there to care for people, they are there to put infrastructure in place. The caring comes from another source.
Governments have a duty of care to all citizens. As for putting infrastructure in place, the Tories have failed at that for the last 13 years.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 09, 2023, 07:48:27 PM
There's too many people in the world. And the UK shipping people round the globe from the East Indies to South Africa, the Americas and the West Indies, etc, to further its empire, has played its part.

Governments should look after the people who put them in power.

As the "most successful party" in the western world, and being in power for more years than any other in the UK, the Tory party's record is abysmal and is currently a pitiful example of how governments should care for their people...
Governments are not there to care for people, they are there to put infrastructure in place. The caring comes from another source. 

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on May 05, 2023, 12:24:03 PM
Rishi Sunak's bringing down of Boris Johnson was the cause of the Tories current problems with the electorate...

Well that's wrong.  Boris destroyed trust during lockdown and mass big pharma handouts.  He also failed to deal with mass immigration.  Rishi is no different to Boris.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 05:38:44 PM
Nick, there is a massive national housing crisis.

Because mass immigration has created more demand.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 07:15:00 PM
That is the Tories fault, they have let in 3 million people legally since 2010.  BUT that is not what has caused ALL of the housing crisis.

Where I live and in similar areas of the UK it is second homes, holiday lets airb&b and very high rents. (Where I live immigrants from outside of Britain are as rare as rocking horse poo and Unicorns. 0.3% of the population at the last census.)
Governments should be in control of their country's borders. No UK government has really managed it here, so far.

People have brought in to alleviate labour shortages, but there's be no overall direction to manage people, jobs and population.

Foreign ownership of land and property should be overseen and controlled by UK authorities, to the extent that non-dom owners should be restricted to as to the amount of property they own in the UK.

I might even support calls to limit second homes and holiday let's of mostly unoccupied properties...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2023, 06:41:43 PM
No there isn't, there's a massive too many people in the country crisis.
There's too many people in the world. And the UK shipping people round the globe from the East Indies to South Africa, the Americas and the West Indies, etc, to further its empire, has played its part.

Governments should look after the people who put them in power.

As the "most successful party" in the western world, and being in power for more years than any other in the UK, the Tory party's record is abysmal and is currently a pitiful example of how governments should care for their people...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2023, 06:41:43 PM
That is the Tories fault, they have let in 3 million people legally since 2010.  BUT that is not what has caused ALL of the housing crisis.

Where I live and in similar areas of the UK it is second homes, holiday lets airb&b and very high rents. (Where I live immigrants from outside of Britain are as rare as rocking horse poo and Unicorns. 0.3% of the population at the last census.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 05:38:44 PM
Nick, there is a massive national housing crisis. You really are out of touch.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2023, 05:33:56 PM
There is no housing crisis, you just don't get it do you. 
Nick, there is a massive national housing crisis. You really are out of touch. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 04:02:42 PM
You are either joking or way out of touch. (Seriously.) The cost of living crisis escaped your attention?  The housing crisis escaped your attention? Along with numerous other factors which are converging and increasing the level of poverty in leaps and bounds.
There is no housing crisis, you just don't get it do you.  

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on May 09, 2023, 03:57:51 PM

Most of us have never had it so good and the rest are only moaning because they have not had it.
You are either joking or way out of touch. (Seriously.) The cost of living crisis escaped your attention?  The housing crisis escaped your attention? Along with numerous other factors which are converging and increasing the level of poverty in leaps and bounds.

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on May 09, 2023, 03:43:42 PM
Boris Johnson and his Brexit escapade are the reason the Tory Party and the country are in such a mess. He saw an opportunity to align himself with Nigel Farage's torrent of misinformation about the EU, a move that got Johnson into Number 10. Not surprisingly it's all gone pear-shaped since then, made worse by Johnson's hypocritical behaviour over covid restrictions and his misjudgement in employing Dominic Cummings.

Johnson also showed himself to be a totally incompetent leader, the only thing he got right was the roll-out of the covid vaccinations. That was a major success overall, but the only success.
A faction of the Tory Party might want him back but he won't win them the next election or even improve their chances.

What mess?

We have full employment, the various subies in the family are busy covering Kent in concrete and even that little shit Sunak dare not betray the UK to the EU, despite what he is being told to do by his master Berkeley Hunt.

Most of us have never had it so good and the rest are only moaning because they have not had it.

Algerie Francais !