Main Menu

Good News!

Started by BeElBeeBub, May 24, 2023, 05:34:10 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Nick this is what Papasmurf actually said
Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2023, 09:32:12 AM
Nick I posted the link for that. In fact graphene was known about as far back as 1962, but producing it and finding  a use for it was a long time afterwards. . . .
It's been proven to be true.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2023, 03:05:01 PM
Nick it is obvious by now, that you are unable to either understand links or read them properly. I never stated that there were graphene batteries in 2004 and neither did the link. Being developed is not in production.

What Are Graphene Batteries and Why Are They Important? – Chargeasap

The Creation of Graphene Batteries

The development of graphene batteries began in 2004 when scientists discovered that they could make graphene by exfoliating graphite. It was a breakthrough, as graphene is more than 200 times stronger than steel yet thinner than a sheet of paper. This made it an ideal material for battery applications.
In the years since its discovery, scientists have worked to refine the production process and make graphene batteries more viable for commercial use. Today, there are multiple manufacturers of graphene batteries, such as Panasonic.

Utter rubbish, it's like saying the internal combustion engine began in the Iron Age.
They discovered a material that was ideal for making engine blocks. Nobody was looking at Graphene as a battery solution until the 21st century, you're just using the ducks float, wood floats, ducks are made of wood bollox. 

The invention of graphene batteries started with the discovery of how to acquire graphene in a single-atom form. That is usually attributed to a team of researchers from the University of Manchester, UK. The team, led by Nobel Prize winners Sir Andre Geim and Russian-British physicist Konstantin Novoselov discovered some interesting attributes of graphene in 2004. 

During one of Andre and Kostya's weekly "Friday night experiments", the two scientists used sticky tape to remove some flakes from a lump of bulk graphite. Noticing that some flakes were thinner than others, they continued experimenting. By repeatedly separating the graphite fragments, they eventually created flakes measuring just one atom thick! This experiment led to the first instance of graphene being isolated.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2023, 02:53:36 PM
Graphene was used as a replacement for Carbon Fibre, it's only the last few years that it's been used in batteries.
Your quote is above, don't need a link to know you're not telling the truth.
To prove it, post a link showing Graphene batteries in 2004 which is what you said.

I know now you will do everything to not post a link cause you're lying 🤥, including saying you already have.
Nick it is obvious by now, that you are unable to either understand links or read them properly. I never stated that there were graphene batteries in 2004 and neither did the link. Being developed is not in production.

What Are Graphene Batteries and Why Are They Important? – Chargeasap

The Creation of Graphene Batteries

The development of graphene batteries began in 2004 when scientists discovered that they could make graphene by exfoliating graphite. It was a breakthrough, as graphene is more than 200 times stronger than steel yet thinner than a sheet of paper. This made it an ideal material for battery applications.
In the years since its discovery, scientists have worked to refine the production process and make graphene batteries more viable for commercial use. Today, there are multiple manufacturers of graphene batteries, such as Panasonic.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2023, 02:16:38 PM
No I did not, you can't read links properly. In development is NOT used for. Frankly your reading and comprehension skills are appalling.  Graphene when it became available was like lasers at the start no-one could think of use for it, now there are a multitude of uses.  It is YOU who keeps insisting there are graphene batteries to replace Lithium batteries in cars, you have yet to prove it.
Graphene was used as a replacement for Carbon Fibre, it's only the last few years that it's been used in batteries. 
Your quote is above, don't need a link to know you're not telling the truth. 
To prove it, post a link showing Graphene batteries in 2004 which is what you said. 

I know now you will do everything to not post a link cause you're lying 🤥, including saying you already have. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2023, 01:25:16 PM
Complete lies, you thought Graphene was a material used for batteries since 2004.
No I did not, you can't read links properly. In development is NOT used for. Frankly your reading and comprehension skills are appalling.  Graphene when it became available was like lasers at the start no-one could think of use for it, now there are a multitude of uses.  It is YOU who keeps insisting there are graphene batteries to replace Lithium batteries in cars, you have yet to prove it.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2023, 11:46:35 AM
Thanks, I knew that but unfortunately Nick knows zero about graphene, and frankly he keeps calling my a liar because of his own ignorance, on a wide range of matters.
Complete lies, you thought Graphene was a material used for batteries since 2004.

Here is your quote that shows you knew nothing of it and a quick google got you the wrong information.
Quote from: papasmurf on June 02, 2023, 07:22:13 AM
Nick stop putting your ignorance on others, [highlight]graphene batteries have been in development since 2004[/highlight]. Anyone who follows science and technology knows that.  The 80000 tonnes of lithium per annum is public domain information.
Just stop lying 🤥, the term didn't exist until later as Posty has shown. 

patman post

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 04, 2023, 12:48:34 PM
The arguments are all a bit thin you say ;)

I'll get me coat
Boom! Boom!

Ooops, sorry — that's the danger with lithium...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on June 04, 2023, 12:28:30 PM
It's getting hard to follow who actually really knows anything about graphene, despite their personal claims and recollections recollections, that they couldn't have found on wiki and the like:...
Single-layer grapheme was first unambiguously produced and identified in 2004, by the group of Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov, though they credit Hanns-Peter Boehm and his co-workers for the experimental discovery of graphene in 1962; while it had been explored theoretically by P. R. Wallacein 1947. [1][2] Boehm et al. introduced the term graphene in 1986.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_of_graphene
The arguments are all a bit thin you say ;)

I'll get me coat

patman post

It's getting hard to follow who actually really knows anything about graphene, despite their personal claims and recollections, that they couldn't have found on wiki and the like:...

Single-layer grapheme was first unambiguously produced and identified in 2004, by the group of Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov, though they credit Hanns-Peter Boehm and his co-workers for the experimental discovery of graphene in 1962; while it had been explored theoretically by P. R. Wallacein 1947. [1][2] Boehm et al. introduced the term graphene in 1986.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_of_graphene
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 04, 2023, 11:19:40 AM
Awkwardly Nick  https://www.graphene-info.com/graphene-history-controversy-and-nobel-prize 

'Later on, in 1962, Boehm and colleagues had published details of their work on graphite flakes. They isolated and identified single graphene sheets by transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and X-ray diffraction in 1961.'

Thanks, I knew that but unfortunately Nick knows zero about graphene, and frankly he keeps calling my a liar because of his own ignorance, on a wide range of matters.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2023, 10:58:04 AM
Graphene was created in 2004 at UMIST, it's a single layer of Carbon atoms arranged in a hex configuration, it's not something that's know about, it's manufactured. So, in your world you knew about something in 1962 that wasn't invented for 42 years? 😂
Awkwardly Nick  https://www.graphene-info.com/graphene-history-controversy-and-nobel-prize  

'Later on, in 1962, Boehm and colleagues had published details of their work on graphite flakes. They isolated and identified single graphene sheets by transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and X-ray diffraction in 1961.'

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2023, 09:32:12 AM
Nick I posted the link for that. In fact graphene was known about as far back as 1962, but producing it and finding  a use for it was a long time afterwards. Materials have been an interest of mine since my childhood.
That you have frankly demonstrated you know next to bugger all about graphene is obvious.
Graphene was created in 2004 at UMIST, it's a single layer of Carbon atoms arranged in a hex configuration, it's not something that's know about, it's manufactured. So, in your world you knew about something in 1962 that wasn't invented for 42 years? 😂 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2023, 09:21:11 AM
You already proved you didn't because you stated that they'd been developing Graphene batteries since 2004, which means you didn't know what it's original usage was, therefore you couldn't have known about it.
I can quote your post if you have forgotten what you posted.

It hasn't been around for many decades, only 19 years, so that's another lie.
Nick I posted the link for that. In fact graphene was known about as far back as 1962, but producing it and finding  a use for it was a long time afterwards. Materials have been an interest of mine since my childhood. 
That you have frankly demonstrated you know next to bugger all about graphene is obvious.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2023, 09:15:44 AM
Nick I have known about graphene for many decades, you only think you do, when it is obvious you do not.
You won't find out from people at biased meetings. You have sill provided NO evidence that anything other than Lithium is going to be the bulk material of Tata/JLR batteries for some time to come.
You already proved you didn't because you stated that they'd been developing Graphene batteries since 2004, which means you didn't know what it's original usage was, therefore you couldn't have known about it.
I can quote your post if you have forgotten what you posted.

It hasn't been around for many decades, only 19 years, so that's another lie. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2023, 09:01:02 AM
I don't need to read your link, I do business within the industry and know firsthand what is going on because I have meetings with JLR and others. You've only known about Graphene for about 5 days.
Nick I have known about graphene for many decades, you only think you do, when it is obvious you do not.
You won't find out from people at biased meetings. You have sill provided NO evidence that anything other than Lithium is going to be the bulk material of Tata/JLR batteries for some time to come.