I am so sick of Covid

Started by Borchester, May 27, 2023, 01:52:50 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 20, 2023, 11:34:59 AM

I recently had a GP appointment and he says there's no noticeable lung congestion so whatever's restricting me is probably the heart failure Covid caused.
Pretty much all I have got since March 2020 is there is nothing noticeable wrong with me  though my fatigue could be this and it could be that . At least you have had a probably JoG which is a step in the right direction with regard the medical people admitting the virus/jabs  did more damage to some than they seem to want to admit .

Just out of curiosity did you have the boosters ? 

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 20, 2023, 01:34:45 PM
Catching up on my printed newspaper back log this morning I see that arse Rod Little spreading the myths further in the Sunday Times

"Lockdowns are useless. But you won't hear that from the inquiry"  (sorry it's subscription)

His underpinning article which tossers won't scan down to then admit lockdowns saved thousands of lives.  Anyone that's looked at the case rates and NHS loadings of spring 2020 knows lockdowns saved far far more and may have just saved society.  We were looking at the NHS failing big time and when that happens weapon happy people take matters into their own hands.

It is of course pure speculation that lockdown saved a single life, compared to The Great Barrington Declaration.  
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 20, 2023, 01:28:30 PM

It all just goes to show that when Borky refers to it as the flu he's just being an arse.  Omicron is worse than flu and still killing but its predecessor variants are serious disablers and killers for far too many. 

The flu also kills people, and yet you manage to infer that Covid MUST be worse just because it kills people.  Is logic not your strong point?  The fact is, many people had Covid, including myself with each variant, and I was fine even without the snake oil, so therefore you ought to be able to explain why it is that Covid is the big bad wolf.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 20, 2023, 09:16:17 AM
You brought the "Scottish authority" definition into it, out of nowhere, and postulated it was the same in England - well the ONS definition is not the same.  I suspect that Scottish definition is just a general definition of vaccination eg for flu. Do you have a link to the definition?

As I said at the beginning, i fully expect you to torture the language to avoid changing your beliefs, and here we are, with you questioning the meaning of "unvaccinated".

It doesn't matter whether it's the same in England as Scotland, what matters is the official definitions are not necessarily what YOU happen to think they are, so unless you can provide the definition for YOUR study, you are just a time-waster.  So, is that your claim, that if the definition is not what you imagine, then they are torturing language?  I hope you will stand by that claim if I can find the definition.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Catching up on my printed newspaper back log this morning I see that arse Rod Little spreading the myths further in the Sunday Times

"Lockdowns are useless. But you won't hear that from the inquiry"   (sorry it's subscription)

His underpinning article which tossers won't scan down to then admit lockdowns saved thousands of lives.  Anyone that's looked at the case rates and NHS loadings of spring 2020 knows lockdowns saved far far more and may have just saved society.  We were looking at the NHS failing big time and when that happens weapon happy people take matters into their own hands.

Unlucky4Sum

I'll jump into the thread at this point and piggy back off your question if you don't mind. Actually i'm still doing it if you DO

Yes i've had it three times

Two of Moira's work colleagues are dead of it and it bloody nearly put me in a coffin in Jan 2021. I fought my way back but noticed when i went to start sorting the garden two months ago the breathlessness that nearly crippled me then is still there. I can walk a fair distance (several miles) but i can no longer run it nor yomp it heavily laden. I have to take frequent rests while laying brickwork or patio work. It would be bloody foolhardy to climb a ladder.

Now it might be fair to say at 67 i should not expect to do these things as well as my memory of doing them at 17 and 37 sets the bar so to speak

But i remember in my 40s staying at a B&B in the Wimbledon area doing this freelance job. I had one of two self contained studio flats in the place, a former royal marine in his late fifties consulting at CAP/Sema had the other. He would go on a 10k run every other morning and was quite happy to have me accompany him on my pushbike (i could keep up with him that way).

i doubt today i'd manage those times on my pedelec.

I recently had a GP appointment and he says there's no noticeable lung congestion so whatever's restricting me is probably the heart failure Covid caused.

so yeah and not in direct reply to you i'm pretty sick OF covid because it's clear i'm still pretty sick WITH it

i also heard yesterdays mate of mine is in a pretty bad way

He came to this country with his British Passport when he was six because Idi Amin kicked him, his mum, dad, grandad and a dozen other relatives out of Uganda where his great grandad i believe had gone on orders from George the Fifth our King and His Emperor at the time

His ethnicity and the acknowleged extra susceptibility it gave to the spike protein put him in ICU on my former co-researcher's nebuliser modification designed in the 80's to help premature babies but now being repurposed to save COVID ravaged lungs.

He survived but like me was never fully restored to full physical capacity.

About a year after my stroke he went down with a heart attack. The stent worked and he was back on his feet but he was readmitted last week with sudden low blood pressure. It's worrying.
Of course jump in, what would forums be like if no one did? 

Sorry to see of you after effects and those of your mate.  It all just goes to show that when Borky refers to it as the flu he's just being an arse.  Omicron is worse than flu and still killing but its predecessor variants are serious disablers and killers for far too many.   

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on June 20, 2023, 12:11:13 PM
You kids don't know what suffering is. . .
Just reading your posts is a cruel and unusual punishment ;)

Borchester

I'll jump into the thread at this point and piggy back off your question if you don't mind. Actually i'm still doing it if you DO

Two of Moira's work colleagues are dead of it and it bloody nearly put me in a coffin in Jan 2021. I fought my way back but noticed when i went to start sorting the garden two months ago the breathlessness that nearly crippled me then is still there. I can walk a fair distance (several miles) but i can no longer run it nor yomp it heavily laden. I have to take frequent rests while laying brickwork or patio work. It would be bloody foolhardy to climb a ladder.

Now it might be fair to say at 67 i should not expect to do these things as well as my memory of doing them at 17 and 37 sets the bar so to speak

But i remember in my 40s staying at a B&B in the Wimbledon area doing this freelance job. I had one of two self contained studio flats in the place, a former royal marine in his late fifties consulting at CAP/Sema had the other. He would go on a 10k run every other morning and was quite happy to have me accompany him on my pushbike (i could keep up with him that way).

so yeah and not in direct reply to you i'm pretty sick OF covid because it's clear i'm still pretty sick WITH it

i also heard yesterdays mate of mine is in a pretty bad way

He came to this country with his British Passport when he was six because Idi Amin kicked him, his mum, dad, grandad and a dozen other relatives out of Uganda where his great grandad i believe had gone on orders from George the Fifth our King and His Emperor at the time

His ethnicity and the acknowleged extra susceptibility it gave to the spike protein put him in ICU on my former co-researcher's nebuliser modification designed in the 80's to help premature babies but now being repurposed to save COVID ravaged lungs.

About a year after my stroke he went down with a heart attack. The stent worked and he was back on his feet but he was readmitted last week with sudden low blood pressure. It's worrying.

You kids don't know what suffering is.

I had just made it to the loo and was feeling pretty pleased with myself. So I rang up the Podiatry Clinic to arrange a check up and the little lass at the far end asked for the name of my next of kin.

Jesus Christ dolly I whimpered, it is only my feet.

But she insisted, so if it turns out that I have terminally smelly feet then, well, God bless you all and that is that
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 27, 2023, 04:26:46 PM
Have you ever had Covid?

Two of Moira's work colleagues are dead of it and it bloody nearly put me in a coffin in Jan 2021. I fought my way back but noticed when i went to start sorting the garden two months ago the breathlessness that nearly crippled me then is still there. I can walk a fair distance (several miles) but i can no longer run it nor yomp it heavily laden. I have to take frequent rests while laying brickwork or patio work. It would be bloody foolhardy to climb a ladder.

Now it might be fair to say at 67 i should not expect to do these things as well as my memory of doing them at 17 and 37 sets the bar so to speak

But i remember in my 40s staying at a B&B in the Wimbledon area doing this freelance job. I had one of two self contained studio flats in the place, a former royal marine in his late fifties consulting at CAP/Sema had the other. He would go on a 10k run every other morning and was quite happy to have me accompany him on my pushbike (i could keep up with him that way). 

i also heard yesterdays mate of mine is in a pretty bad way

He came to this country with his British Passport when he was six because Idi Amin kicked him, his mum, dad, grandad and a dozen other relatives out of Uganda where his great grandad i believe had gone on orders from George the Fifth our King and His Emperor at the time

About a year after my stroke he went down with a heart attack. The stent worked and he was back on his feet but he was readmitted last week with sudden low blood pressure. It's worrying.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Scott777 on June 19, 2023, 09:22:01 PMWhat the hell has the ONS got to do with it?  You didn't mention the ONS as the source of your data.  So stop gaslighting, and just provide the definition that comes from the source of your data, or else admit you know NOTHING about statistical effects of vaccination on so-called long Covid.

Quote from: Scott777 on June 19, 2023, 03:37:45 PM
This is the problem.  Lots of assumptions, no facts.  Your quote does not establish that "unvaccinated" = "never had any dose".  You merely assumed it.  A definition which I found published by Scottish authorities (and probably in England too), is that "unvaccinated" includes people whose vaccine immunity had worn off.  So it's not my own definition.  It's just your inability to check facts.
You brought the "Scottish authority" definition into it, out of nowhere, and postulated it was the same in England - well the ONS definition is not the same.  I suspect that Scottish definition is just a general definition of vaccination eg for flu. Do you have a link to the definition?

As I said at the beginning, i fully expect you to torture the language to avoid changing your beliefs, and here we are, with you questioning the meaning of "unvaccinated".

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on June 19, 2023, 08:00:50 PM
I have had six covid vaccinations with no problems at all.

Well I suppose Keith Richards has injected all sorts of junk, and he's still alive, so you should be alright.

Scott777

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 19, 2023, 08:39:11 PM
F@@@ me, you like to torture language. You shopped around to find a definition of "unvaccinated" that suited your argument. It sounds like a general definition and not one related to covid.

If you don't understand that the term "unvaccinated" can include people who did in fact receive a dose of the Covid vaccine, then your understanding of the data is hopeless.  It makes no difference that the definition "suited" me.  It's a fucking government definition, which means you need to provide the definition for your data to know what the data means.  If you don't know what "unvaccinated" means, then you don't know what the results mean.

The study defines vaccinated as "at least one dose" (as per link)

Not "one dose in the last 6 months" or "tested positive for antibodies"

The logical counter group to people who have had "at least one dose" is people who have not had at least one dose.
Oh, it's the logical counter group is it?  FFS.  What you mean is, you ASSUME it's the counter group, which means your conclusions are ASSUMPTIONS, NOT FACTS.  They don't have to make it their counter group just because it is IN YOUR OPINION logical.

Your argument rests on the idea that a study into the effects of vaccination on long covid symptoms decided to lump people who had been vaccinated but a while ago and people who had never been vaccinated into one cohort and never differentiate between them or mention that fact?

No, wrong, I didn't assume anything about how they lumped groups together.  Quite the opposite.  By carefully NOT assuming anything, I am pointing out how YOU need to know the definition of unvaccinated in your study, before you can make any meaningful conclusions about the results of getting injected with the Covid vaccine. 

In addition the ONS defines "unvaccinated" in the context of COVID 19 as "someone is considered to be 'unvaccinated' if they have not received any doses of the COVID-19 vaccination"

Pretty unequivocal.

In addition?  WTF are you talking about?  What the hell has the ONS got to do with it?  You didn't mention the ONS as the source of your data.  So stop gaslighting, and just provide the definition that comes from the source of your data, or else admit you know NOTHING about statistical effects of vaccination on so-called long Covid.

[/quote]

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Scott777 on June 19, 2023, 03:37:45 PM
This is the problem.  Lots of assumptions, no facts.  Your quote does not establish that "unvaccinated" = "never had any dose".  You merely assumed it.  A definition which I found published by Scottish authorities (and probably in England too), is that "unvaccinated" includes people whose vaccine immunity had worn off.  So it's not my own definition.  It's just your inability to check facts.
F@@@ me, you like to torture language. You shopped around to find a definition of "unvaccinated" that suited your argument. It sounds like a general definition and not one related to covid.

The study defines vaccinated as "at least one dose" (as per link)

Not "one dose in the last 6 months" or "tested positive for antibodies"

The logical counter group to people who have had "at least one dose" is people who have not had at least one dose.

Your argument rests on the idea that a study into the effects of vaccination on long covid symptoms decided to lump people who had been vaccinated but a while ago and people who had never been vaccinated into one cohort and never differentiate between them or mention that fact?

In addition the ONS defines "unvaccinated" in the context of COVID 19 as "someone is considered to be 'unvaccinated' if they have not received any doses of the COVID-19 vaccination"

Pretty unequivocal.

Answer truthfully - did you check the.link?  Your posts strongly suggest you don't bother checking links.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 19, 2023, 08:03:33 PM
lucky you
Not really. I have had load of other vaccinations as well. Several flu jabs, a pneumonia jab, and a shingles jab. No problems.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe