Why I want Boris back

Started by Borchester, August 15, 2023, 10:03:25 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on September 04, 2023, 06:15:53 PM

Why not post an article showing the opposite and the brexit benefits. Other than taking back control (to not control anything!)
What Brexit benefits? 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 04, 2023, 05:38:59 PM
The experts have not been right once on Brexit: the IMF, OBR, they're always wrong. I listen to the professors Like Patrick Minford, he said they were all talking nonsense and he was right.
Would they be the experts on the brexit side, like Minford. In that I would agree with you. The remain experts did say their wouldn't be any sunny uplands, they were correct, their hasn't been. There has been job losses, inflation, poor economic forecasts, etc etc. They were right on that also. It's just yourself with the blinkers on and fingers in your ears as you shout "it's not brexit its covid and putin".  

Brexit is costing the UK, according to a Bloomberg report its £100B a yr in lost output 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-31/brexit-is-costing-the-uk-100-billion-a-year-in-lost-output#xj4y7vzkg

Why not post an article showing the opposite and the brexit benefits. Other than taking back control (to not control anything!)

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 04, 2023, 05:17:54 PM
How's Irish democracy going Gerry ?  EU lawmakers pitch sweeping treaty reform – POLITICO
;D ;D ;D There's clowns everywhere. Even the precious EU. So 6 MEPs come up with a hair brain scheme that would require altering the constitution of the EU. It's never going to happen, nobody wants it. As for clowns, we have two in the EU but hopefully with the elections next June the good Irish people will see the mistake they made and take these two gob-shites out. Clare Daly and Mick Wallace, on top of their crackpot ideas they slant towards supporting Putin, it's an embarrassment.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 04, 2023, 05:38:59 PM
The experts have not been right once on Brexit: the IMF, OBR, they're always wrong. I listen to the professors Like Patrick Minford, he said they were all talking nonsense and he was right.
I look at the actuarial evidence. Brexit is causing ever more damage as time passes.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 04, 2023, 03:07:20 PM
When you say "we" are doing fine, its nice to know you and some are doing fine. Does the we include many in the UK ?
I suppose you're giving away the fuel Dancing how about saying thanks for the £430b the EU exported (goods and service) to the UK last year. Now that you're a free country, I presume if those goods and services were cheaper elsewhere in the world, with those fantastic trade deals, the UK would have moved suppliers, not yet it seems.
The UK might not be in recession but its a close call.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/money-mentor/article/uk-gdp-meaning-recession-news/
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/may/26/rishi-sunak-warned-over-possible-uk-recession-in-2024

You seem to think having a larger than France GDP is the measure, but what do you learn from that. Should you not look at how the UK on it's own is performing and what the experts are forecasting, or like the brexit bunch, do you choose to now say lets ignore the experts. When covid was around it was all about listening to the experts, cherry picking. 

On that note, you mentioned earlier in the thread post 37 that the UK went into and out of lockdown quicker than the EU. That's factually incorrect, the UK delayed and delayed going into lockdown, causing the deaths of thousands. The "heard immunity" approach the UK took was ill advised at best. Just an example of Tory indifference to ordinary people's lives. It's true you came out early, so the fact is the UK should have been far less impacted by Covid economically. Maybe the big impact, what was it an 11% drop in GDP, was caused more by Brexit than Covid. You yourself were half way to figuring this out for yourself, with the quick in/quick out comment.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 04, 2023, 05:17:54 PM
How's Irish democracy going Gerry ?  EU lawmakers pitch sweeping treaty reform – POLITICO
Oh dear, Gerry's quintessential part of his glorious EU!! Is not going to be 27 have a say, it's going to be a majority vote. How's your sunny uplands looking now? lol

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on September 04, 2023, 03:07:20 PM
When you say "we" are doing fine, its nice to know you and some are doing fine. Does the we include many in the UK ?
I suppose you're giving away the fuel Dancing how about saying thanks for the £430b the EU exported (goods and service) to the UK last year. Now that you're a free country, I presume if those goods and services were cheaper elsewhere in the world, with those fantastic trade deals, the UK would have moved suppliers, not yet it seems.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/may/26/rishi-sunak-warned-over-possible-uk-recession-in-2024

You seem to think having a larger than France GDP is the measure, but what do you learn from that. Should you not look at how the UK on it's own is performing and what the experts are forecasting, or like the brexit bunch, do you choose to now say lets ignore the experts. When covid was around it was all about listening to the experts, cherry picking. 

On that note, you mentioned earlier in the thread post 37 that the UK went into and out of lockdown quicker than the EU. That's factually incorrect, the UK delayed and delayed going into lockdown, causing the deaths of thousands. The "heard immunity" approach the UK took was ill advised at best. Just an example of Tory indifference to ordinary people's lives. It's true you came out early, so the fact is the UK should have been far less impacted by Covid economically. Maybe the big impact, what was it an 11% drop in GDP, was caused more by Brexit than Covid. You yourself were half way to figuring this out for yourself, with the quick in/quick out comment.

How's Irish democracy going Gerry ?  EU lawmakers pitch sweeping treaty reform – POLITICO

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 04, 2023, 04:47:25 PM
Brexit has done nothing to me, as for money, I have enough but I want more, the Tories always help me achieve that.
Lucky you. Every time there is a Tory government they do something to me not for me

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 04, 2023, 03:27:16 PM
Not at all, you give the impression you are swimming in money, and the toxic effect of the dogs Brexit and 13 years of Tory incompetence has not effected you at all.
Brexit has done nothing to me, as for money, I have enough but I want more, the Tories always help me achieve that. 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 04, 2023, 03:27:16 PM
Not at all, you give the impression you are swimming in money, and the toxic effect of the dogs Brexit and 13 years of Tory incompetence has not effected you at all.

Well, to be fair, you would be swimming in money if you didn't spend every day worshipping failure and destroying lives Pappy.

But it isn't too late. Stand up, act the man and do something with the three or four months you have left :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 04, 2023, 01:47:04 PM
More child like posting.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2023, 05:46:03 PMI've never said Brexit is doing marvellous, what I've said is it isn't causing all the economic problems, that lies firmly at the feet of Covid and Putin. 
All the Brexit talk before hand has us in an economic crash by just voting leave, it never happened and it never will. 
I suppose you're giving away the fuel Dancing how about saying thanks for the £430b the EU exported (goods and service) to the UK last year. Now that you're a free country, I presume if those goods and services were cheaper elsewhere in the world, with those fantastic trade deals, the UK would have moved suppliers, not yet it seems.

On that note, you mentioned earlier in the thread post 37 that the UK went into and out of lockdown quicker than the EU. That's factually incorrect, the UK delayed and delayed going into lockdown, causing the deaths of thousands. The "heard immunity" approach the UK took was ill advised at best. Just an example of Tory indifference to ordinary people's lives. It's true you came out early, so the fact is the UK should have been far less impacted by Covid economically. Maybe the big impact, what was it an 11% drop in GDP, was caused more by Brexit than Covid. You yourself were half way to figuring this out for yourself, with the quick in/quick out comment.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 04, 2023, 07:23:04 AM
You have in the past in depth and detail.
More child like posting. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 04, 2023, 05:56:41 AM
I didn't say I was fine, yiu really need to read and understand stuff before posting.
You have in the past in depth and detail.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 03, 2023, 08:20:43 PM
You might be, few other people are.
I didn't say I was fine, yiu really need to read and understand stuff before posting.