Why I want Boris back

Started by Borchester, August 15, 2023, 10:03:25 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 15, 2023, 11:22:35 AM

Oh God, I thought Pappy was bad enough with his broadcasts from Planet Zog, but now you have joined him with your assurances that the electorate are a bunch of thickos who really need to be told how to lead their lives by a bunch of museli ridden lefties.

I have to question the sanity of anyone who is fan of Boris. (It has zero to do with politics.) I also suggest given the heated debates about Brexit on the media today that you need to keep up with current affairs rather than yet again throw stupid insults at me becase of you lack of knowledge.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2023, 10:28:59 AM
That's cause they are that thick they can't differentiate between Covid, Putin and Brexit. The former 2 having damaged our economy, not Brexit.
How come other countries' economies, which are also also dealing with the affects of Covid and Putin are not suffering as badly s the UK?

Bleat all you like about the UK economy currently growing faster than France, Germany, Italy, etc, but you're ignoring the fact that the UK economy sunk lower and faster than its near EU neighbours, and has a way to go to catch up.

Why?

Brexit is the main additional factor that's hampering UK recovery across the board. Even record rising pay isn't making up for years of inflation and is why disatisfaction and strikes — which largely have majority public support — are adding to the UK's woes.

Face it, the UK is probably in for a decade of struggling with comfortable pensioners probably the only large-enough group able to gather a noticeable number of people voicing their content with the current situation in the UK  — and they're mainly accepting govt sound bites rather than experiencing most people's realities bound up in the rising cost of living.

I'm in supposedly strife-ridden France, where the street markets are bustling, supermarkets have full shelves, and the population is enjoying their August. After the current government v the people in the UK, this is bliss no matter what the British Conservative-influenced media choose to report....
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 15, 2023, 10:53:41 AM
Johnson isn't pro or anti EU.  He's pro Johnson and F@@@ the rest of us.

Johnson is not your friend, he's not a good bloke down the pub, he's not straight talking and if he can't sleep with you or borrow money off you he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire

The fact such a transparent chancer has a following is sad indictment on the gullibility of the UK electorate

Oh God, I thought Pappy was bad enough with his broadcasts from Planet Zog, but now you have joined him with your assurances that the electorate are a bunch of thickos who really need to be told how to lead their lives by a bunch of museli ridden lefties.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 15, 2023, 10:53:41 AM
The fact such a transparent chancer has a following is sad indictment on the gullibility of the UK electorate
Precisely. 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester on August 15, 2023, 10:03:25 AM
As far as I can see, when push comes to shove, most Brits don't want to rejoin the EU and I very much doubt that the EU wants us back.

So let us have Boris back. He wants low taxes, which is bollocks because everyone wants low taxes but an every increasing Welfare State, but it will be fun to see him try. He is anti EU, which is ok because as said before, the EU does not want us back either. And all the time he is married to Carrie there will be a stream of animal rights legislations, which has to be to the good. But most of all, he adds to the gaiety of the nation, which is something the current set of dreary buggers don't seem to manage.

How say you ? 
Johnson isn't pro or anti EU.  He's pro Johnson and F@@@ the rest of us.

Johnson is not your friend, he's not a good bloke down the pub, he's not straight talking and if he can't sleep with you or borrow money off you he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2023, 10:28:59 AM
That's cause they are that thick they can't differentiate between Covid, Putin and Brexit. The former 2 having damaged our economy, not Brexit.
All 3 have damaged out economy, but only the last is permanent (at least until the Brexiters die off and the UK rejoins) 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2023, 10:04:33 AM
Boris is unfit for public office, and always has been.

Britons would vote to rejoin the EU | YouGov

How would Britons vote if the EU referendum were taking place in 2023?

A majority of Britons (55%) say that, were the EU referendum taking place now, seven years after the original date, they would vote to Remain. Three in ten 31% say they would vote to Leave. This gives a headline voting intention of 64% to 36%.
The results show that one in six Leave voters (18%) now say that they would vote to Remain were the EU referendum being held now. Almost three quarters (73%) say they would still vote to leave the EU.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 15, 2023, 10:14:47 AM
Ah, I see that you are warming to the idea :)
The mere thought of Boris getting anywhere near being an MP is horrifying. The man is a disgrace.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2023, 10:04:33 AM

A majority of Britons (55%) say that, were the EU referendum taking place now, seven years after the original date, they would vote to Remain. Three in ten 31% say they would vote to Leave. This gives a headline voting intention of 64% to 36%.
The results show that one in six Leave voters (18%) now say that they would vote to Remain were the EU referendum being held now. Almost three quarters (73%) say they would still vote to leave the EU.

Ah, I see that you are warming to the idea :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 15, 2023, 10:03:25 AM

How say you ? 

Borchester

As far as I can see, when push comes to shove, most Brits don't want to rejoin the EU and I very much doubt that the EU wants us back.

There is sod all that can be done to stop illegal immigration.

The Tories are reluctantly gearing themselves to shovel sack loads of cash into our massively incompetent and ever whingeing social services and the Labour high command has twigged that the bulk of the population are leery of shovelling sack loads of cash into our massively incompetent and ever whingeing social services, so there will be bugger all differences between the spending plans of either party

In fact there is not much difference between the parties and the next election will be about slinging one set of rascals out and installing a very similar set of rascals in their place.

So let us have Boris back. He wants low taxes, which is bollocks because everyone wants low taxes but an every increasing Welfare State, but it will be fun to see him try. He is anti EU, which is ok because as said before, the EU does not want us back either. And all the time he is married to Carrie there will be a stream of animal rights legislations, which has to be to the good. But most of all, he adds to the gaiety of the nation, which is something the current set of dreary buggers don't seem to manage.

How say you ? 
Algerie Francais !