GE 2024

Started by Nick, September 01, 2023, 06:31:35 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 01, 2023, 03:29:37 PM
Yeah but I did.

Disability benefit (PIP) fraud is 0.2% of all disability benefit payments.

That is not "many" by any stretch of tgr imagination.
Quite. I have been studying and researching the disability benefits system since 1993 when Peter Lilly got into bed with Unum Provident and used the bastardised Mansel Aylward fatally flawed (literally) biopsychosocial "medical" to assess disabled people in Britain. 
That fatally flawed system got Unum successfully sued in a class legal action in America for denying insurance payouts to people who were fully entitled to them.
The Judge in the case called Unum a "Pariah," company.

That fatally flawed system has been causing deaths and suicides since the DWP started using it back in 1993.

Nick knows eff all about that. Frankly he keeps trolling.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2023, 01:59:50 PM
Yet you can find no data to prove me wrong.
Yeah but I did. 

Disability benefit (PIP) fraud is 0.2% of all disability benefit payments.

That is not "many" by any stretch of tgr imagination. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2023, 01:35:04 PM
I realised that a long time ago you and Nick are prime examples of why I hate tories and I do mean hate.
Thank you. That's the nicest thing you've ever said. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2023, 01:35:04 PM
I realised that a long time ago you and Nick are prime examples of why I hate tories and I do mean hate.

And I realised long ago that rubbish like you have nothing to offer the world but lonely spite, although it might be said that your self obsessed whining has served to turn the electorate away from the head up its own arse left towards the largely conservative governments we have had for the last few hundred years, so your life has not been entirely wasted, although it has come close :)

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2023, 11:57:03 AM
Nick you make assumptions about the number of benefit cheats with nothing  to back it up. You troll on the subject out of total ignorance.
Yet you can find no data to prove me wrong. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 01, 2023, 01:08:03 PM
I am a born,conservative and not only would I send small boys up chimneys, I would light fires beneath them to cheer them on, 
I realised that a long time ago you and Nick are prime examples of why I hate tories and I do mean hate.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2023, 11:59:36 AM
The problem with Nicks mindset is it does not take into account the now near daily cockups and disasters by the Tory Government:-

More schools could face closures due to concrete fears - minister - BBC News

Not quite.

I think the problem for Tories is not so much that their erstwhile supporters are going to vote Labour, but that a lot of them will just stay at home come election day. Plus, there is not a lot of difference between the two sides. The Tories are piddling away money like drunken sailors and Labour is swearing holes through pewter pots that they won't spend any. As for the leadership, Starmer is a dour lump but so is Sanak.

As Nick has said, if the Tories pick up an extra 9% of the vote they will be in with a chance, but it is a bloody big if.

As said before, I am a born,conservative and not only would I send small boys up chimneys, I would light fires beneath them to cheer them on, butunless Reform comes up with someone who is not the usual slightly moth eaten fantasist who is anti immigrant and pro the BBC Home Servic, I will sit the next election out.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 01, 2023, 11:47:05 AM
I think he means labour only need to lose 9% to the Tories for them to be back neck and neck again. (ie Labour lose 9% to become 36% and cons gain 9% to become 37%)

Fair few assumptions that every ex labour voter becomes conservative but mathematically correct.
The problem with Nicks mindset is it does not take into account the now near daily cockups and disasters by the Tory Government:-

More schools could face closures due to concrete fears - minister - BBC News

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2023, 11:49:49 AM
And if you swing 9 points, 45 becomes 36 and 28 becomes 37 🙄. No wonder you can't count how many people are cheating the benefit system lol
Nick you make assumptions about the number of benefit cheats with nothing  to back it up. You troll on the subject out of total ignorance.

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 01, 2023, 11:47:05 AM
I think he means labour only need to lose 9% to the Tories for them to be back neck and neck again. (ie Labour lose 9% to become 36% and cons gain 9% to become 37%)

Fair few assumptions that every ex labour voter becomes conservative but mathematically correct.
That is what a swing is, it's not my interpretation, and if he doesn't under that then 😒. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2023, 11:26:49 AM
Where did you get 9% from? As it appears you don't understand maths.
From the link I posted. Labour is 17% ahead.
Labour 45% (+3) Conservatives 28% (+3) Liberal Democrats 12% (-1) Green Party 6% (-2) Others 9% (+1)
And if you swing 9 points, 45 becomes 36 and 28 becomes 37 🙄. No wonder you can't count how many people are cheating the benefit system lol

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2023, 11:26:49 AM
Labour 45% (+3) Conservatives 28% (+3) Liberal Democrats 12% (-1) Green Party 6% (-2) Others 9% (+1)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2023, 11:15:28 AM
Same poll as you but you obviously don't understand maths.

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2023, 06:31:35 AM
Seeing as the Tories are so crap, Labour don't seem to be that far ahead. It only needs a 9 point swing and everything is pretty level. And as I've said before, the Tories must be looking or have something up their sleeve in the way of a bombshell.
Nick what polls are you looking at?  Latest UK Opinion Polls: Government approval recent changes | Ipsos