Absolutely Disgusting

Started by Nick, July 30, 2024, 11:12:54 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on August 18, 2024, 10:05:00 PM
Using a PC I right click and "paste as plain text". Don't know about other systems, but Smurf uses a Windows PC.
Shift + Ctrl + V has a similar effect

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on August 18, 2024, 10:05:00 PM
Using a PC I right click and "paste as plain text". Don't know about other systems, but Smurf uses a Windows PC.

I use Windows (cos I just love Bill Gates  🤣), and I just use notepad.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2024, 11:08:46 AM
BE WARNED

You are going to go on the longest holiday you have ever had if you don't stop turning every thread into a totally irrelevant argument.
It is you who keeps doing that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 19, 2024, 11:02:07 AM
It does not on my PC. It does not remove all formatting.
BE WARNED

You are going to go on the longest holiday you have ever had if you don't stop turning every thread into a totally irrelevant argument. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2024, 10:59:54 AM
And it works perfectly well.
It does not on my PC. It does not remove all formatting.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 19, 2024, 08:20:56 AM
FFS it has remove formatting on it.
And it works perfectly well. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2024, 08:32:22 PM
Please screenshot which button you are clicking on to remove formatting.
FFS it has remove formatting on it.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2024, 07:43:12 PM
You can show what you like. On my PC remove formatting does not remove all of it.
Please screenshot which button you are clicking on to remove formatting. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2024, 07:23:05 PM
Remove formatting does EXACTLY what it says, it removes the formatting. I can show screenshots to prove it if you want.
You can show what you like. On my PC remove formatting does not remove all of it.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2024, 06:27:43 PM
The only way I can cure it is to copy and paste to clipboard and copy and paste from the clipboard. (Undo formatting does not solve all of the problem. (I keep getting emails I can't read because I would need a 50 inch monitor to do so.)
Remove formatting does EXACTLY what it says, it removes the formatting. I can show screenshots to prove it if you want.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 18, 2024, 06:05:10 PM
Thanks — I was probably a bit narked having just berated Smurf for filling my screen with copied text...
The only way I can cure it is to copy and paste to clipboard and copy and paste from the clipboard. (Undo formatting does not solve all of the problem. (I keep getting emails I can't read because I would need a 50 inch monitor to do so.)

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2024, 06:33:24 AM
The forum uses WYSIWYG, if you don't want the text formatting you just select the text and click the remove formatting button.
Thanks — I was probably a bit narked having just berated Smurf for filling my screen with copied text...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2024, 08:59:10 AM
It's pats copyright behaviour,moaning about forums and rubbing up people the wrong way.
It certainly is. 

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2024, 08:59:10 AM
It's pats copyright behaviour,moaning about forums and rubbing up people the wrong way.
Often also my copyright behaviour to be fair, as you are well aware :D
+++