EU budget squabble

Started by T00ts, February 21, 2020, 03:10:11 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17181 time=1582364670 user_id=54
Today it's recorded that they have walked away without agreement. I remember past budget problems and it's true that they are now smaller both in population and funds, yet their budget 'requirements' have only one direction of travel - upwards.

The Scandinavian countries are currently being blamed I understand, rich but tight seems to be the description. Round two coming up. I thought the fascination with the EU would wane but I am intrigued to watch how things pan out once we really leave.

There won't be any real changes. As said before, we are arguing about a few pennies in the pound. If the EU were really worried about the UK leaving then it would have made a deal. But it wasn't so it didn't.

I am a Brexiter but I don't have any wish to see the EU go under. If Johnny Foreigner is making telephone numbers then he or she will buy more of whatever we are selling which will be good for both sides.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Today it's recorded that they have walked away without agreement. I remember past budget problems and it's true that they are now smaller both in population and funds, yet their budget 'requirements' have only one direction of travel - upwards.

The Scandinavian countries are currently being blamed I understand, rich but tight seems to be the description. Round two coming up. I thought the fascination with the EU would wane but I am intrigued to watch how things pan out once we really leave.

Nick

Varadkar isn't so cocky now is he 😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

The EU has lost 15% of its contributions and I'm guessing that's going to sting a bit. Germany is on the borders of recession, France 😂, can't wait for Macron to announce they are picking  up a % of this, they will string him up. So, who is going to get the bill?

Oh I forgot, they will just get out the Gerrylator and everything will be fine. 👀
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=17163 time=1582315743 user_id=51
I don't see the problem as they have lost 65 million people from their custody and control. That's about 12-13% of people they are no longer responsible for funding, so their budget can obviously be reduced accordingly.

As HQQ and BeelBeBub would tell us, the contributions are just a miniscule % of GDP so the same will apply to the EU. We're talking peanuts here aren't we?

They'll cope. :dsh:

Pretty much. The UK is a net contributor to the EU so assuming that any of info that has been bandied about over the last few years is in anyway accurate, then the average EU citizen should be about £10-£20 a year worse off and we should be pocketing an extra £100 to £200. Which as Barry has said, is washers.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

I don't see the problem as they have lost 65 million people from their custody and control. That's about 12-13% of people they are no longer responsible for funding, so their budget can obviously be reduced accordingly.

As HQQ and BeelBeBub would tell us, the contributions are just a miniscule % of GDP so the same will apply to the EU. We're talking peanuts here aren't we?

They'll cope. :dsh:
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I see that no-one (EU members) seems keen to take a cut in benefits or pay more into the financial pot at the first summit post Brexit. It should get interesting.