How a Violent Government Bureaucracy Killed Hundreds and Hid the Evidence

Started by papasmurf, August 27, 2024, 11:12:53 AM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 29, 2024, 09:03:34 PM
Do get real.  Any fool can imagine all sorts of illegal income BUT the fact is the DWP knew they had cut off the only income they knew he had without properly checking why he wasn't communicating. 

So then you agree it was false to claim they KNEW he had no income.  So what else is false?  The media like to distort things to look like we need more social welfare, because the establishment wants everyone dependent on the state.  Everyone is a victim, and only the state can fix it.  It's really about authoritarianism.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on August 29, 2024, 08:50:22 PM
And how can they possibly know he had no income?  Many people claim benefits while making money on the side, such as by selling drugs.

And apparently he was sectioned in 2015.  So who is really at fault?  Is the DWP responsible for his mental health?
Do get real.  Any fool can imagine all sorts of illegal income BUT the fact is the DWP knew they had cut off the only income they knew he had without properly checking why he wasn't communicating.  

And he starved to death when he had no money to buy food.  

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 29, 2024, 05:16:43 PM
'The report said at the time of his death, Mr Graham had no income for food and utilities.'

And he starved to death and DWP arrogance and incompetence was why he had no money.  They stopped his money for not communicating but they already knew he had difficulties communicating and have admitted their practices were wrong.

Time was they would have sent someone to check. 

And how can they possibly know he had no income?  Many people claim benefits while making money on the side, such as by selling drugs.

And apparently he was sectioned in 2015.  So who is really at fault?  Is the DWP responsible for his mental health?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

As challenged earlier to PS
Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 29, 2024, 11:06:20 AM
I only need to read the cover and that's free to read on Amazon

Please show any cases where the DWP used violence on claimants.  If you can't then this book is a sham and it's you that should apologise.
A reminder Papasmurf that you are failing to provide such a case.  Seems you know this book is written by a liar.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2024, 07:34:55 PM
The police and the CPS may well have a different point of view.
I really hope so Papa, I really hope so.

It's about time victims of the cruel regime at the DWP actually got some justice
+++

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2024, 07:06:10 PM
Nick, I am afraid you really do need to read the book and the references and links to them. I don't need to prove the data it is 100% factual. The references and the links in the book do. They cannot be challenged as they are a matter of in many cases official record. The data does NOT come from claimants. There a numerous coroners report quoted and referenced.
Frankly it is a very bad scandal.
A coroner cannot provide any evidence for the reason behind the reason. For example, if someone died of malnutrition they would have a lot of ketones in their system. A coroner cannot see the reason for the malnutrition. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on August 29, 2024, 07:17:25 PM
MPs can deny absolutely anything and everything, no matter how much evidence you show them
The police and the CPS may well have a different point of view. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2024, 07:13:10 PM
Frankly having spent over 30 years searching and collating the evidence with many others. Plus John Pring putting it together in a book:- The Department: How a Violent Government Bureaucracy Killed Hundreds and Hid the Evidence Paperback – 20 Aug. 2024

by John Pring (Author)ISBN: 9780745349893 Pluto Press.

My main regret is that  Mansel Aylward has died before he could be brought to account.
Despite Nicks scepticism. I have become used to such cognitive dissonance about the damning evidence against the DWP and it predecessor from people who should know better. Now every MP has received a copy (plus others,) they can't deny it.

MPs can deny absolutely anything and everything, no matter how much evidence you show them
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on August 29, 2024, 07:04:45 PM
DPOs are very angry at the Starmer govt for following in Tory footsteps.

(Glad to see you back banging the gong for disabled people's rights, even if we have our disagreements at times..)
Frankly having spent over 30 years searching and collating the evidence with many others. Plus John Pring putting it together in a book:- The Department: How a Violent Government Bureaucracy Killed Hundreds and Hid the Evidence Paperback – 20 Aug. 2024

by John Pring (Author)ISBN: 9780745349893 Pluto Press.

My main regret is that  Mansel Aylward has died before he could be brought to account.
Despite Nicks scepticism. I have become used to such cognitive dissonance about the damning evidence against the DWP and it predecessor from people who should know better. Now every MP has received a copy (plus others,) they can't deny it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 29, 2024, 11:10:12 AM
Course it can be challenged, if the data comes from actual claimants they could be lying. You cannot prove the data in the book is 100% factual. The author will
not have access to DWP data, he will only have what he's been told.
Nick, I am afraid you really do need to read the book and the references and links to them. I don't need to prove the data it is 100% factual. The references and the links in the book do. They cannot be challenged as they are a matter of in many cases official record. The data does NOT come from claimants. There a numerous coroners report quoted and referenced.
Frankly it is a very bad scandal.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2024, 06:59:24 PM
I am afraid it is the tip of a very large iceberg.

DPOs are very angry at the Starmer govt for following in Tory footsteps.

(Glad to see you back banging the gong for disabled people's rights, even if we have our disagreements at times..)
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 29, 2024, 05:16:43 PM
'The report said at the time of his death, Mr Graham had no income for food and utilities.'

And he starved to death and DWP arrogance and incompetence was why he had no money.  They stopped his money for not communicating but they already knew he had difficulties communicating and have admitted their practices were wrong.

I am afraid it is the tip of a very large iceberg.

Unlucky4Sum

And he starved to death and DWP arrogance and incompetence was why he had no money.   They stopped his money for not communicating but they already knew he had difficulties communicating and have admitted their practices were wrong.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 28, 2024, 07:13:16 PM
Philippa Day  'Authorities who dealt with a benefits claim from a single mother, who took a fatal overdose after her payments were cut, made 28 errors in managing her case, a coroner has found.'

Errol Graham  'Opportunities to help a man who starved to death were missed, a safeguarding review has found. Errol Graham was found dead in his Nottingham flat in 2018, eight months after his employment support allowance (ESA) was withdrawn. He was suffering severe mental health problems and the review said he could have received support if agencies had communicated better.'

Jodey Whiting 'Jodey's ESA was terminated after she did not attend a Work Capability Assessment two weeks before her death. An investigation was carried out in 2019 by ICE which found that the DWP's decision was seriously flawed and violated its own safeguarding regulations.'

Stephen Smith 'Mr Smith died in April from complications related to his illnesses. He had been awarded a £4,000 backpayment from the DWP for wrongly denying him the benefits he had been entitled to, but he died before he could use the money.'

All died after DWP errors when DWP staff were given targets to sanction claimants.  Other cases are available.

I'm sure there are some cases where people need help, but let's take your 2nd example, which does not provide any evidence of the DWP "killing" him by any stretch of the imagination.

Errol Graham was found dead.  It does not say why he died.  Why not?  So maybe he died of  drug overdose.  All we know is he didn't respond to the DWP messages for review, his money was stopped, and he was due for eviction.  He had depression.  He had no heating, but it doesn't say if it was winter of summer, so why not?  So, is it the job of the DWP to protect people from depression?  Or even the  government?  There is no evidence it was the fault of the DWP, and even it it had been, it does not mean they killed him.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2024, 10:35:44 AM
Nick the book is full of collated referenced actuarial evidence. (That frankly cannot be challenged.)
I suggest you buy a copy read it and check the referenced evidence then apologise.
Course it can be challenged, if the data comes from actual claimants they could be lying. You cannot prove the data in the book is 100% factual. The author will
not have access to DWP data, he will only have what he's been told. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.