People questioning Letby verdict ‘should be ashamed of themselves-inquiry hears

Started by Barry, September 12, 2024, 04:04:41 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

My wife and I, (My wife is SRN, RSCN qualified,) have not been happy about the case from the start. Too many people involved are covering their arse.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: Scott777 on September 13, 2024, 10:21:23 AMI'm going to make a prediction.  You can call it a "conspiracy theory" if you like, it's more of a guess based on my experience of how things work and how corrupt public services are.

I predict it will eventually be found she is not guilty, and the real reason for the deaths was general NHS negligence and / or corruption, which they decided to cover up and use Letby as a scapegoat.  The clues are there.  They failed to investigate for ages, now want 100,000 quid to show the full court transcript, and apparently other babies died when she was not present.

Oh look.

"Lucy Letby was not working on day Baby C was harmed, BBC investigation finds"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/10/01/lucy-letby-baby-c-conviction-not-working-serious-doubts/
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 13, 2024, 09:38:42 AM
I don't really doubt the conviction. TBH it's a very difficult process to convict people who are actually guilty of crimes, as they often find a way off the hook.
12 people were presented with ALL the evidence on two separate juries with different cases and they were convinced beyond reasonable doubt that she murdered and maimed those babies in her care.
The whole point about the recent concerns is those juries were not 'presented with ALL the evidence'.   They were not told about the significant number of deaths when Letby was nowhere near and they weren't told of the weaknesses in the presented stats.

Scott777

I'm going to make a prediction.  You can call it a "conspiracy theory" if you like, it's more of a guess based on my experience of how things work and how corrupt public services are.

I predict it will eventually be found she is not guilty, and the real reason for the deaths was general NHS negligence and / or corruption, which they decided to cover up and use Letby as a scapegoat.  The clues are there.  They failed to investigate for ages, now want 100,000 quid to show the full court transcript, and apparently other babies died when she was not present.

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

I don't really doubt the conviction. TBH it's a very difficult process to convict people who are actually guilty of crimes, as they often find a way off the hook.
12 people were presented with ALL the evidence on two separate juries with different cases and they were convinced beyond reasonable doubt that she murdered and maimed those babies in her care.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 12, 2024, 06:41:49 PM
Miscarriages of justice happen frequently
Yes they do and I've no idea if she's innocent or guilty but what I do know is that there are a lot of questions on the credibility of what amounts to no more than circumstantial evidence.

The KC who said people questioning her guilt should be ashamed  is talking crap he has a vested interest in her being found guilty.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 12, 2024, 04:04:41 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/09/12/lucy-letby-inquiry-latest-news/

Some people do think that evil has to look horrible. Evil people look just the same as everyone else.
'Richard Baker QC' does protest too much (and the Telegraph should know he's a KC not a QC, schoolboy error that).

Real questions have been raised about the supposed scientific (and other) evidence used to convict Letby.  Does that prove her innocent?  No but for a KC to use emotive language to try and suppress those questions is very poor.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 12, 2024, 06:39:56 PM
I tend to look at the eyes, maybe I'm talking blox but I get a sense of whether someone is a wrong-un.
My personal experience of "wrong-uns," is they wear a suit and are on the face of it "pillars of society."

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on September 12, 2024, 06:56:40 PM
Unfortunately, that's a trait common to many current state and former state organisations. Some of their individual managers act like they reckon they're affiliated to the government or M15.

I've noted it in my working life with groups like BBC, British Airways, British Telecom, Network Rail, among others.

Let's hope the current queries of the Letby verdict are fully investigated so that there's an acceptable outcome — unfortunately, human nature (and paid-for or freelance contrarianism) means some will still question the decision...
Yeah, the Guardian are just being contrarian and so are respected judges

::)

Same old Pat

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 12, 2024, 06:56:40 PM

I've noted it in my working life with groups like BBC, British Airways, British Telecom, Network Rail, among others.

and the DWP.

patman post

Quote from: Barry on September 12, 2024, 06:30:54 PM
Consultants who had suspicions about Letby were stifled by the culture in the NHS which prefers to attack whistle-blowers rather than root out criminals.
Unfortunately, that's a trait common to many current state and former state organisations. Some of their individual managers act like they reckon they're affiliated to the government or M15.

Let's hope the current queries of the Letby verdict are fully investigated so that there's an acceptable outcome — unfortunately, human nature (and paid-for or freelance contrarianism) means some will still question the decision...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on September 12, 2024, 06:39:56 PM
I tend to look at the eyes, maybe I'm talking blox but I get a sense of whether someone is a wrong-un.
Read an account of a pimp who was watching his girls in the Leeds area during the Yorkshire Ripper era, one girl was talking to a guy in a car and looked a little shaken so he went over.
He confronted the driver (Sutcliffe) and when he looked into his eyes he said it was like staring into the gates of hell.
Sometimes it's obvious -

They should've nicked him a long time ago [before the rape/murder of Sarah Payne]; he committed other offences IIRC
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on September 12, 2024, 06:30:54 PM
Consultants who had suspicions about Letby were stifled by the culture in the NHS which prefers to attack whistle-blowers rather than root out criminals.
That's not what I read

QuoteOne of the reasons Letby was able to get away with it for so long was because no one saw her harm babies, and she was adept at covering her tracks. But one night she was almost caught in the act.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/aug/18/lucy-letby-how-did-a-nurse-commit-such-unthinkable-murders

I don't think it was easy to detect what she was doing at all, of course, a lot of the evidence of this is so suspect it makes you wonder whether an innocent person is being badly let down by the CJS
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2024, 06:14:26 PM
My wife and I had misgivings about the case from day one. But we are not going to argue with the verdict.
Miscarriages of justice happen frequently
+++

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 12, 2024, 04:04:41 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/09/12/lucy-letby-inquiry-latest-news/

Some people do think that evil has to look horrible. Evil people look just the same as everyone else.
Read an account of a pimp who was watching his girls in the Leeds area during the Yorkshire Ripper era, one girl was talking to a guy in a car and looked a little shaken so he went over.
He confronted the driver (Sutcliffe) and when he looked into his eyes he said it was like staring into the gates of hell.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.