Main Menu

Food choice.

Started by papasmurf, February 26, 2020, 11:21:31 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Lidl's meat products come from "Birchwood Farm", which is a non existent farm in la-la land, which is also a bit concerning. That said, their low fat 100% beef mince is always excellent. We've not had a bad meat product from them.

I know what you mean by faux meat, but why should vegans be put off by touching wrappers, at the worst. If they think it is contaminated by two pieces of plastic wrapping touching, that points to a quasi religious obsession.

Why put the non meat products in with them, anyway? Perhaps lack of freezer space or lack of thought. Lidl do have a policy of attempting to standardise the layouts of their shops and this is apparent if you visit other towns. The layout may be similar but the product range is greater or lesser according to the size of the building.

As for the country of origin, most Lidl produce gives their address in Ireland, although non food often have a German address, or the ubiquitous "Made in China".

I'd like total transparency on origins of all products, food, clothing, and frankly, everything. Will it happen -  :fpigs:
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Despite being a you will take my bacon sandwich from my cold and lifeless hand type of person as long a I don't get hassled by militant vegans and vegetarians people's food choice doesn't bother me.

I do want food labelling to be clear as to country of origin, and what is in it clearly labelled. (Trying to cut down as much as possible on sugar and salt, the levels of both in processed food is frankly scary.)

I also think food choice should be respected. It would seem Lidl doesn't, currently they are putting faux meat products, in with meat ones.

I suspect they are losing custom over it, I know a couple of vegans who would not even open the door of the chilled cabinet with the meat and faux meat in the same cabinet.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe