A deal has been reached!!!!

Started by Cassie, October 17, 2019, 10:36:05 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Just watching how BJ entered the chamber, what different body language from poor Mrs May's. Here is a man very happy in his skin. Lots of back slapping and what seems like a certain admiration from the other leaders. If on our exit - if it happens - we need a future relationship, I can see this guy being able to work with them.

Cassie

Quote from: Borchester post_id=1035 time=1571320614 user_id=62
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/17/brexit-deal-latest-news-boris-johnson-eu-summit-brussels-barnier/">https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... s-barnier/">https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/17/brexit-deal-latest-news-boris-johnson-eu-summit-brussels-barnier/

So either the Commons agrees the deal or we are out by 31 October.

Just said that on the other thread, that has put the cat amongst the pigeons. If they take over the order of proceedings they might have to vote to revoke article 50, that might not go down too well. Not delivering Brexit will be solely on the unelected minority 'government.'

Borchester

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/17/brexit-deal-latest-news-boris-johnson-eu-summit-brussels-barnier/">https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... s-barnier/">https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/17/brexit-deal-latest-news-boris-johnson-eu-summit-brussels-barnier/

So either the Commons agrees the deal or we are out by 31 October.
Algerie Francais !

Cassie

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1019 time=1571310564 user_id=57
I hope that BJ has agreed that the EU won't give an extension if Parliament doesn't vote for this. They will probably get it through after that!

Juncker has ruled out another extension. That has put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Cassie

Jim Fitzpatrick, Labour is going to vote for the deal. He doesn't think Labour MPs will be expelled from the party if they go against a Corbyn whip because they criticised Johson for expelling MPs from the part for that reason. Let's hope he's right. There are about 19 + Labour MPs who will vote for the deal.

Cassie

Quel suprise, SNP  Labour and Lib Undems all voting against the deal. If that's the case, we should be allowed to leave without a deal. They don't want to leave with a no- deal, put your money where your brain should be.

Major Sinic

To all those who called Boris a liar when he said he was trying to get a deal done, you all got it wrong. Boris against all the odds has secured an equitable deal to leave the EU.

The numbers are tight but if any sanity  and any sense of democracy remains in our ragged and shredded parliament, this agreed deal should be voted through.

Now lets look at the opposition.

Labour have never had a cohesive or consistent policy on Brexit other than to vote against the government regardless.

Quite simply Labour has demonstrated that having voted for Article 50 it is now willing to renege on that commitment purely out of personal and party self-interest. Woe betide any Labour MP with a Leave constituency who votes down this deal; their fate will be far more certain than if Corbyn removes the whip. Labour's Brexit is Brexit in name only; we remain in a customs union, in the single market, subject to the ECJ, we keep paying in billions but we don't have any say any longer because we have 'left'. So no veto, no representation! Neither will we be able to negotiate our own trade agreements to ensure our prosperity, control our fishing grounds, control our own immigration

The Liberal Democrats, what a misnoma; they are neither liberal nor democrats, simply want to revoke Article 50 and sweep away the 2016 referendum as though it never took place. This is a party which once had an integrity which often made Labour and Conservative Parties look like snake oil salesmen.

The SNP have one aim only and make no secret of it, and that is an independent Scotland. Whatever it takes to achieve that goal is in their mind justified, even if it means a result which defies the demands of the majority of the English electorate and is not in the UK ex. Scotland's interests. At least there skulduggery is in the open!

Now the new kids on the wreck Brexit block; the DUP. This disreputable band are refusing to back this deal because a democratic solution has been agree for N.I. and they aren't happy with it. The DUP are not satisfied with the offer of a majority in Stormont they want the right of a DUP veto!!

If this deal does not go through on Saturday or subsequently, we will leave the EU with a worse outcome - NO DEAL. It is highly likely that the EU , if this deal is rejected, will say enough is enough will refuse an extension and I understand Boris, quite understandably has requested this outcome despite the letter he will be forced to write under one of the worst pieces of legislation to ever be passed through Parliament. It is also extremely likely that the Conservatives will win a GE if the rainbow opposition ever agree to one, so it is this deal or NO DEAL.

If we have NO DEAL is will be entirely as a result of the activities of REMAINERS and those who put partisan interests first. Ironic!

T00ts

Cassie

I hope that BJ has agreed that the EU won't give an extension if Parliament doesn't vote for this. They will probably get it through after that!

Cassie

Quote from: cromwell post_id=1007 time=1571307492 user_id=48
Quote from: Cassie post_id=996 time=1571305546 user_id=57
Beeb confirming it. I don't think the DUP is on board, so it won't get through Parliament unless BJ thinks he can win them over by Saturday. Plus the looming court case.

Reuters also confirming it.

Not just Dup but Corbyn saying no a Swinson too,we need a GE.

Corbyn said he would not vote for a deal brought to Parliament by BJ no matter what it is. Those two are a disgrace, they are not thinking of the needs of the country. I;m hoping that BJ thinks he can talk the DUP round. Some Labour MPs definitely want a deal, it depends if Corbyn calls the whip n the vote. I hope they go against him anyway as they are probably in 'leave' constituencies.

Corbyn just can't bear the thought of the Tories, let alone Boris, getting Brexit over the line. He won't sleep at night.

cromwell

Quote from: Cassie post_id=996 time=1571305546 user_id=57
Beeb confirming it. I don't think the DUP is on board, so it won't get through Parliament unless BJ thinks he can win them over by Saturday. Plus the looming court case.

Not just Dup but Corbyn saying no a Swinson too,we need a GE.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Ciaphas

Which the DUP will block and consequently Mr Johnson finds himself in the same position as Mrs May was in.

Cassie

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=992 time=1571304965 user_id=57According to Sky.

Down to the wire again. A bit premature? Let's see.

Cassie