Main Menu

Trolling ?

Started by Borchester, October 22, 2019, 01:29:19 PM

« previous - next »

Wiggles

Problem is with most internet forums if you don't agree with all the other members you must be a troll.
A hand up, not a hand out

Bright Young Thing

Few posts had to be deleted on here, just a gentle reminder that this is a new forum and previous behaviour shouldn't be brought over here, thank you!
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=5523 time=1573585694 user_id=84
On politics.co.uk there was nothing wrong with the moderation nor the owner.

You got permanently banned for being a long-term pain in the arse, after numerous warnings and threatening all and sundry with law-suits. Not alot seems to have changed.

Frankly what I got accused of was lies and libel and I have won several legal actions for similar in the past. All I asked for was an apology which I never got.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=1768 time=1571747976 user_id=89
Only one? I have a lifetime ban from several forums, basically because of rubbish moderation and/or the site owners being too "precious."

On politics.co.uk there was nothing wrong with the moderation nor the owner.

You got permanently banned for being a long-term pain in the arse, after numerous warnings and threatening all and sundry with law-suits. Not alot seems to have changed.

B-4

I often get censored over that accusation on leftist sites.  Trolling can be applied to anything, but is only used very selectively.  I bet you encountered all kinds of abuse that went unchallenged by them.  They're totally untrustworthy and you're better off not contributing to their income.

Baron von Lotsov

I got banned by the Daily Mail more times than hot dinners, but I soldiered on. The reader's comments are hilarious. I assumed a kind of caricature of myself as a mad professor, and went into long complicated analysis of some insanely stupid point the Mail carelessly made. It was fun. I'll give the Mail that. Their readers are there for the pisstake.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

papasmurf

Troll wreck forums and should be banned.

Wiggles

Quote from: Borchester post_id=2380 time=1572009650 user_id=62
To say nothing of rooting out a new email address (which is always useful) so that you apply to the old site under a new name. And pay you library fines so that you can use their computer. And, as Tommy says, it means that your initial insults tend to be a bit more subtle than before.

When you think about it, bans are win win.

Bans stop the freedom of speech. I have never sworn or threatened anyone. I believe these are the only two reasons anyone should receive a ban. Controversial opinions often get confused with trolling, and for this reason trolling should never be considered a banning issue
A hand up, not a hand out

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=2282 time=1571988586 user_id=58
Good for you wiggy , a ban does you the world of good , refocuses your perspective and brings people down to earth and installs some humility.

To say nothing of rooting out a new email address (which is always useful) so that you apply to the old site under a new name. And pay you library fines so that you can use their computer. And, as Tommy says, it means that your initial insults tend to be a bit more subtle than before.

When you think about it, bans are win win.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=2132 time=1571914336 user_id=87
Like others, I have been banned from several sites, including football forums, political forums, and even watch enthusiast forums. Unfortunately if you don't agree with everyone else you are considered a troll. I even got banned from a golf forum for suggesting disobedient women should be hit with a putter, when clearly I was joking (well, I think I was  :D )

Good for you wiggy , a ban does you the world of good , refocuses your perspective and brings people down to earth and installs some humility.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2144 time=1571920110 user_id=89
On some forums if you are not a fully indoctrinated cognitive dissonance suffering rabid Tory, you will be considered to be Troll.

:lol:

lets be fair though papa. You do take it to extreme levels dont you?

Bearing in mind BYT the mods announcement i wont mention some of the belters that you have come out with over the years .

Im sure this new platform will provide you the opportunity to regale us with many more. :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester post_id=1793 time=1571752377 user_id=62
Don't be so tetchy ollie. You may well be just another running dog lackey of the Political Forums Boss Class, but we still like you.

In fact, we have had a bit of a chat among ourselves and have decided that you will be the last one against the wall. In fact we will let DD organise the firing squad. He will probably be so  pissed that he will miss.

:D  :hattip
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=2166 time=1571925158 user_id=51
Oh really, I'd just hate to be on one of those.

The problem is far too many Tory ministers fit that description.

Barry

Oh really, I'd just hate to be on one of those.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=2132 time=1571914336 user_id=87
 Unfortunately if you don't agree with everyone else you are considered a troll.

On some forums if you are not a fully indoctrinated cognitive dissonance suffering rabid Tory, you will be considered to be Troll.