Main Menu

All Lives Matter

Started by papasmurf, June 13, 2020, 04:18:20 PM

« previous - next »

Javert

Quote from: papasmurf on June 13, 2020, 05:43:14 PM
Quote from: Javert on June 13, 2020, 05:37:31 PM
Meanwhile there protesters in London who were supposedly there to protect the statues against a Black Lives Matter protest that was cancelled, are now attacking the police and one has been pictured urinating on the memorial to a police officer who died in the line of duty.

Have you any proof that those protecting statues attacked the police? (Seriously.)  Frankly I doubt it VERY much. For reasons I am not going to put on an internet forum.
You either back up your accusation with evidence, or retract it and apologise.

If there were people there who were legitimately there for the sole and only reason of protecting statues, I doubt they have attacked the police.  However, there are videos and TV images from London today of large groups of far right demonstrators assaulting police officers - there is one video where about 15 police officers are assaulted in the space of 30 seconds.

Also - didn't you say your photo was of Bristol - I do not know what is going on in Bristol I am talking about what's happening in London?

I have no issue with protecting statues from being attacked of defaced, especially if they are general war memorials to normal people rather than statues which are there to glorify an racist.

However, this is a complicated issue that should not be decided by mobs on either side - certain figures from history like Colston or Cecil Rhodes have no redeeming features that I can detect - even back in their own times they were called out as evil men by many people, and their entire lives were about exploiting other races in order to make themselves and their country rich.  Cecil Rhodes even stated in his will that his entire life had been about ensuring the superiority of the White race, or words to that effect.  However there are many other people who are more complex - figures like Winston Churchill who made some vital contributions to British history, but who also was deeply involved in some questionable and arguably unnecessary atrocities. 

Also, in my view the police should be there protecting those statues.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on June 13, 2020, 05:50:12 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on June 13, 2020, 05:46:15 PM

He's not referring to the war vets papa.

There aren't just war vets. They are however people NOT to be messed with, and the likelihood of them attacking police is zero.

I think you/I/he are talking at cross purposes, we're referring to those idiotic footie lads which I'm sure you agree are just thugs, and no one else apart from that is being talked about.

If war vets/others who don't seek to do anything other than protect the statues stand by it then good, it would be preferable if they did - and the Robinsons thugs should be ejected from proceedings.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on June 13, 2020, 05:46:15 PM

There aren't just war vets. They are however people NOT to be messed with, and the likelihood of them attacking police is zero.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on June 13, 2020, 05:43:14 PM
Meanwhile there protesters in London who were supposedly there to protect the statues against a Black Lives Matter protest that was cancelled, are now attacking the police and one has been pictured urinating on the memorial to a police officer who died in the line of duty.

Have you any proof that those protecting statues attacked the police? (Seriously.)  Frankly I doubt it VERY much. For reasons I am not going to put on an internet forum.

I'm sure I saw a snippet about what's being referred to on my feedly but frankly... give the sooper dooper cereal footie lads some tools, and the other side some tools, and let them fight it out in an east london warehouse.

+++

papasmurf

Javert

Others are attacking journalists (after inspecting their papers to see if they work for an "approved" newspaper like the Sun or the Telegraph) - this is no doubt all in the name of the protection of our long cherished freedoms!

Black Lives Matter protests with many times more people today have been almost entirely peaceful.

They have also been pictured doing Nazi salutes earlier today.

These are the people who are encouraged and enabled by the support of Boris Johnson in his Twitter comments, and by implication of all those who support the violent maintenance of the status quo white priviledge.

Boris will be happy though - Conservatives are always happy when they manage to get the people at the bottom of the tree (Black people and white poor working class people) fighting against each other - meanwhile him and his friends cruise on regardless.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on June 13, 2020, 05:02:57 PM
Well they certainly look like a diverse bunch of people in the photograph...

Also seeing reports of these 'anti-BLM' protestors clashing with police in London. Which seems odd.

The "anti-BLM" protestors are not related to the people protecting statues.

Nalaar

Well they certainly look like a diverse bunch of people in the photograph...

Also seeing reports of these 'anti-BLM' protestors clashing with police in London. Which seems odd.
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Some of the "usual suspects" guarding the Cenotaph in Bristol earlier today:-

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2020-06-13/hundreds-of-people-stage-all-lives-matter-protest-near-cenotaph-in-bristol/

13 June 2020 at 2:13pm

Hundreds of people have gathered in Bristol city centre as part of a 'All Lives Matter' protest, saying they are there to 'defend the cenotaph'.

Protesters are seen holding signs with 'Not Far Right' and ''All Lives Matter' on them.

They have all congregated around the cenotaph which was erected in 1932.