Barnier done!

Started by T00ts, September 05, 2020, 09:23:24 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

https://twitter.com/lisaocarroll/status/1304067662897704961

The UK can't be trusted. Can't see anyone doing a security deal or GDPR type arrangement. A land now where treaty's are meaningless.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on September 10, 2020, 05:11:57 PMYes they are already threatening!

No its the UK threatening, they are ignoring the joint committee of the WA. Bypassing that and undermining in a strong way the operation of the WA. The EU are reacting, how? their saying they will give to the end of the month or they will take steps as outlined within the WA.

It's lucky your not dealing with Trump, he's a madman but he would have stopped trade talks today, closed all ports to the UK, cancelled all flights and prob put the UK people living in his country on a boat.

The EU's response is measure and calm, no drama.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 10, 2020, 05:11:57 PM

Yes they are already threatening!

Only if you read the British press.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on September 10, 2020, 05:01:41 PM
Quote from: Baff on September 10, 2020, 04:29:38 PMBetter hope the EU doesn't force Ireland to cancel the GFA then.
They won't. That's why the EU made sure there was a WA protecting the border-less Island. But they might force the UK to step back and act honourably.

Yes they are already threatening!

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 10, 2020, 04:29:38 PMBetter hope the EU doesn't force Ireland to cancel the GFA then.
They won't. That's why the EU made sure there was a WA protecting the border-less Island. But they might force the UK to step back and act honourably.

Baff

Better hope the EU doesn't force Ireland to cancel the GFA then.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on September 10, 2020, 02:12:50 PMYou say that but the choice didn't include re-unification. Surely it's a bit presumptuous to assume they would  change that particular choice.
That's laid out in the GFA, a vote whenever there's a majority looking to leave the UK, and a vote will be held every 7 years once the first one happens.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 10, 2020, 02:29:24 PM

Particularly when you remember that according to Pappy the UK will sink beneath the waves come the New Year so we won't have an Irish or any other problem to worry about by then.

It won't sink below the waves but there will be some very serious problems.  I don't mind the rabid Brexiteers suffering, but I do mind the  millions who will suffer through no fault of their own.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Baff on September 10, 2020, 11:00:31 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 10, 2020, 09:45:06 AM
Quote from: Borchester on September 10, 2020, 09:38:10 AM

The trouble with all Gerry's scenarios is that all seem to start from the assumption that Ulster is important and that anyone who counts gives a toss about the place. It ain't and they don't but there you are.

The "Irish Problem" and the peace agreement, were always going to be a massive problems and I stated that before the referendum.
It was and is not a minor problem.
A united Ireland would (in theory,) solve the problem. But there is a much chance of that as me having a threesome with Alice Roberts and Liz Bonnin.
Not a very good theory.

Particularly when you remember that according to Pappy the UK will sink beneath the waves come the New Year so we won't have an Irish or any other problem to worry about by then.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on September 10, 2020, 01:51:29 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 10, 2020, 11:44:07 AMWhat if the people of NI agree to reunification but only if you leave the EU?

The people of NI by a majority voted to remain and with how the UK is looking to shaft NI, that % is rising.   Like Scotland they were promised by England that staying in the UK would mean staying in the EU, oops, look at how that happened

You say that but the choice didn't include re-unification. Surely it's a bit presumptuous to assume they would  change that particular choice.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on September 10, 2020, 11:44:07 AMWhat if the people of NI agree to reunification but only if you leave the EU?

The people of NI by a majority voted to remain and with how the UK is looking to shaft NI, that % is rising.   Like Scotland they were promised by England that staying in the UK would mean staying in the EU, oops, look at how that happened

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on September 10, 2020, 11:33:52 AM
Quote from: Baff on September 10, 2020, 11:00:31 AMNot a very good theory.

It will happen, it's only a matter of time. Once there is a majority of the people (not politicians) in NI that want that, it happens. Straight forward process all agreed and laid out in the WA. But I'm sure Johnson will lie and twist things to squirm out of that legal commitment.

What if the people of NI agree to reunification but only if you leave the EU?

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 10, 2020, 11:00:31 AMNot a very good theory.

It will happen, it's only a matter of time. Once there is a majority of the people (not politicians) in NI that want that, it happens. Straight forward process all agreed and laid out in the WA. But I'm sure Johnson will lie and twist things to squirm out of that legal commitment.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on September 10, 2020, 09:51:19 AM
Quote from: Borchester on September 10, 2020, 09:38:10 AMThat is about it.

The trouble with all Gerry's scenarios is that all seem to start from the assumption that Ulster is important and that anyone who counts gives a toss about the place. It ain't and they don't but there you are.

Thats why USA has said no trade deal for the UK if the GFA is broken. That's why the WA had front and central the NI issue. Your sentence should say anyone in the UK that counts doesn't give a toss, or spiff up the wall as your great leader would say, in company and on TV, class act. Outside the UK, a very different thing.

The Dems are IRA sponsors.
They already said they would not give us a trade deal years ago.
"Back of the Queue".

Trump is pro Brexit. They are anti Brexit.

I wonder if Boyle will still be in office come December.
Hope not.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on September 10, 2020, 09:45:06 AM
Quote from: Borchester on September 10, 2020, 09:38:10 AM

The "Irish Problem" and the peace agreement, were always going to be a massive problems and I stated that before the referendum.
It was and is not a minor problem.
A united Ireland would (in theory,) solve the problem. But there is a much chance of that as me having a threesome with Alice Roberts and Liz Bonnin.
Not a very good theory.