The natives are revolting.

Started by papasmurf, September 05, 2020, 05:30:25 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 08:59:31 AM
Quote from: johnofgwent on September 07, 2020, 08:55:31 AM

I cannot understand why they bothered. Forty years ago perhaps it might have made a difference. Who reads print news today?

Obviously far too many people on internet forums.

Agreed!

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 07, 2020, 08:55:31 AM

I cannot understand why they bothered. Forty years ago perhaps it might have made a difference. Who reads print news today?

Obviously far too many people on internet forums.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 06, 2020, 08:14:20 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 05, 2020, 08:31:28 PM

Wonder why they don't come and try it on up north? Stop the Scousers, Geordies, Manc's or Glaswegians from getting to work. Maybe a bit too tasty for them?

They went to where the newspapers are printed.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on September 06, 2020, 05:30:32 PM

The simple fact is I don't write Starmer, off . You and a few others want to .I ask. 

Who is writing starmer off?

You will need to quote whoever you think is doing so for us to see.

Im certainly not. There is a difference between pointing out political and character flaws in him and his party , and debating the large elephants in the room labour are trying to ignore , and trying to write him off.

Anything can happen in politics as you know fine well......a week is a long time and all that.

...but we are all fed up with labours continual tactics of bleating about the poor and nhs while saying we are shite , but we are only marginally less shite than our opposition , while being led by yet another out of touch middle class london centric elitist.

Staying silent on the big issues , and hoping FPTP gives the voters no where else to go if they get fed up with the tories and then allows you to stumble over the finish line isnt a recipe for long term success.

Starmer seems to be a problem for the far left in his own party more than anyone else.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on September 06, 2020, 05:30:32 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 06, 2020, 05:06:13 PM
Quote from: Good old on September 06, 2020, 04:54:47 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 06, 2020, 04:27:00 PM
Quote from: Good old on September 06, 2020, 04:23:55 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 06, 2020, 04:04:06 PM
Quote from: Good old on September 06, 2020, 03:55:36 PM

And you really think , Boris, and Co,  have no elephants ? :).  It can be an embarrassing spectacle , as Boris lovers found it   to be the other day.  The embarrassing bit that could be dispensed with is the input from the benches. The individual sparring across the dispatch box is essential. And very often very exposing of the participants.

I can't ever recall any election yet where the public voted for a party and government based on who won at some obscure prime ministers questions.

That's as maybe. But administrations , and careers, have faltered and effectively fallen due to exchanges at that dispatch box. It's significant in the whole process of our democracy. And if Boris, keeps getting bested, his own party will pull him out. That's how important it is.
Fair point, name one that had a landslide that it happened with.

It's Sunday afternoon , and I'm not an anorak , of Thomas, proportions . So I will refrain from trying  for a specific answer
to your request.
But beyond that what really matters here is not if Starmers early performances would get him elected, even though Thomas, would take it that way.  It's more a case of  if Starmer can show Boris, for what he is now , and so far he does that easily, then there is reason to believe  he will make it very hard for the Tories , in any future election.
There is no question taking the Tories out , will ever  be easy. But at the very least it will have the Tories , studying the needs of the lower classes far more than they have for the last ten years , or ever before for that matter , that is apart from when pushed to it by bygone Labour activity.
So and it that matters how?, this is politics and you couldn't answer the question, because there has never been one, because you have been fed a load of tripe as usual and you expect that the rest of us will just accept it as gospel(as its Sunday afternoon). If there had been one, over on the Labour forum, it would be buzzing.

I never said there had been one. I never said Starmers present performance will definitely win the next election, so why would it concern me if there had never been a landslide victory or not. I indicated good performances at the dispatch box could provoke a change in the make up of an administration, on occasion even an election, it has happened  . That did not say he had to to win it if such a thing happened.  I couldn't be be bothered to look because it wasn't actually what I was indicating .
The simple fact is I don't write Starmer, off . You and a few others want to .I ask.  Why the response seen here if he isn't a problem anyway.?
He isn't a problem, it is just embarrassing watching it all, I have a fair idea Labour are heading the same way as the Lib Dems and the Tories if they don't get their finger out, the only favour you are doing us, is trying to keep those arseholes in Whitehall drawing wages for doing nothing at home, it saves them doing anymore damage.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on September 06, 2020, 05:06:13 PM

And you really think , Boris, and Co,  have no elephants ? :).  It can be an embarrassing spectacle , as Boris lovers found it   to be the other day.  The embarrassing bit that could be dispensed with is the input from the benches. The individual sparring across the dispatch box is essential. And very often very exposing of the participants.

I can't ever recall any election yet where the public voted for a party and government based on who won at some obscure prime ministers questions.

That's as maybe. But administrations , and careers, have faltered and effectively fallen due to exchanges at that dispatch box. It's significant in the whole process of our democracy. And if Boris, keeps getting bested, his own party will pull him out. That's how important it is.

It's Sunday afternoon , and I'm not an anorak , of Thomas, proportions . So I will refrain from trying  for a specific answer
to your request.
But beyond that what really matters here is not if Starmers early performances would get him elected, even though Thomas, would take it that way.  It's more a case of  if Starmer can show Boris, for what he is now , and so far he does that easily, then there is reason to believe  he will make it very hard for the Tories , in any future election.
There is no question taking the Tories out , will ever  be easy. But at the very least it will have the Tories , studying the needs of the lower classes far more than they have for the last ten years , or ever before for that matter , that is apart from when pushed to it by bygone Labour activity.
So and it that matters how?, this is politics and you couldn't answer the question, because there has never been one, because you have been fed a load of tripe as usual and you expect that the rest of us will just accept it as gospel(as its Sunday afternoon). If there had been one, over on the Labour forum, it would be buzzing.

I never said there had been one. I never said Starmers present performance will definitely win the next election, so why would it concern me if there had never been a landslide victory or not. I indicated good performances at the dispatch box could provoke a change in the make up of an administration, on occasion even an election, it has happened  . That did not say he had to to win it if such a thing happened.  I couldn't be be bothered to look because it wasn't actually what I was indicating .
The simple fact is I don't write Starmer, off . You and a few others want to .I ask.  Why the response seen here if he isn't a problem anyway.?

Sheepy

I wouldn't start banging on about me helping the SNP either, I am a populist and if they are following the rules of democracy and making peoples lives better for it, then they get the help they deserve.

Sheepy

to your request.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 06, 2020, 04:40:20 PM
That's how important it is.

It could be important , but lets remember neil kinnock was a far better debater in parliament than starmer will ever be , roy hattersley called him the best speaker of his generation , yet he went on to lose two general elections.

I think you are again , over egging the pudding with starmer.

You have come from such a low base with corbyn , you think starmer is better then he actually is.
I will give you some good advice, if you clowns think you have it in you to take on the SNP, you had better up your game 500% I kid you not.

Good old

to your request.

Thomas

That's how important it is.

It could be important , but lets remember neil kinnock was a far better debater in parliament than starmer will ever be , roy hattersley called him the best speaker of his generation , yet he went on to lose two general elections.

I think you are again , over egging the pudding with starmer.

You have come from such a low base with corbyn , you think starmer is better then he actually is.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 06, 2020, 04:29:36 PM

It's significant in the whole process of our democracy. And if Boris, keeps getting bested, his own party will pull him out. That's how important it is.

well as long as it isnt in the next 16 weeks no one really cares i dont think.

Starmers bid to become future pm has to be based on a wee bit more than look everyone  i point scored against boris johnson once upon a time.
They are being led by the media anyway, it was the latest big ploy, that Starmer was the top man and would make BOJO look like the clown he is, where everybody would fall back into new labours arms and all would be just spiffing. Starmer is just doing as he is told, stand off and pick your moments. Then the media follows up with look, Starmer is a knight in shining armour, well not so obvious then. But then like most of the Pantomime when it meets reality, it nose dives.

Thomas

It's significant in the whole process of our democracy. And if Boris, keeps getting bested, his own party will pull him out. That's how important it is.

well as long as it isnt in the next 16 weeks no one really cares i dont think.

Starmers bid to become future pm has to be based on a wee bit more than look everyone  i point scored against boris johnson once upon a time.

Sheepy

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 06, 2020, 04:18:49 PM
Starmer I don't trust at all whatever the situation.

Exactly toots , and this is starmers problem..If you look at his voting record , he is as we all know a consistent pro european who will do anything to take england back into the eu.

No one trusts him or his party. Looks to me in policy terms he is in some sort of stale mate or limbo .

He cant announce more moderate and voter friendly centrist policy without upsetting the hard left of his party , and causing outright warfare , and if he goes into another election selling corbyns marxism , the tories will have him for breakfast.

I would rather be in johnson shoes than starmers.

It takes no skill at all as a politician to stay silent and make the occasional weak sneer at the government.