Arrested for praying

Started by Barry, November 01, 2019, 08:43:30 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4024 time=1572906891 user_id=69
Total nonsense IMO. PACE Act requires that prisoners must be treated well any Police Officer who does not adhere to the legislation in full will be held to account

As I understand it prisoners can keep their watches these days, normally they can only hold you for 24 hours without charge, food has to be provided, you are constantly monitored all the time you are in custody you are not isolated or deprived of sleep in fact you have to have rest periods in between interviews

Everything they do is fully recorded , most if not all Custody and Cell areas are under constant CCTV coverage including sound

So you have never tried it them. I really do think you would be about the most upset that I have ever seen you, because in my experience it is always those who give it your response who are least able to deal with real trouble. I mean when the target is you.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Barry

There's 100,000 people alive in Northern Ireland today, who would not be, if the abortion laws had been relaxed to the same as the UK.

I wonder what their opinion is.
† The end is nigh †

Churchill

If he had just sat there and kept silent perhaps he may not have been arrested the Court Order was issued to stop anti social behaviour in a specified area to protect people had been harassed and abused entering the clinic or those who worked that over a period of time

I have views on abortion and opinions on many other things however I am not going to force my views or opinions on anyone else that does not share my views and opinions
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Churchill

Total nonsense IMO. PACE Act requires that prisoners must be treated well any Police Officer who does not adhere to the legislation in full will be held to account

As I understand it prisoners can keep their watches these days, normally they can only hold you for 24 hours without charge, food has to be provided, you are constantly monitored all the time you are in custody you are not isolated or deprived of sleep in fact you have to have rest periods in between interviews

Everything they do is fully recorded , most if not all Custody and Cell areas are under constant CCTV coverage including sound

Barry

Quote from: Churchill post_id=3990 time=1572898329 user_id=69
I disagree with you he was not arrested for praying but for where he was praying which was within the exclusion area of the Court Order obtained by Ealing Council.

If he had not been speaking, would he have been locked up? I know people can pray silently, but when I have been asked to do the prayers at our church, I stand up at a lectern and speak. If I stood there silently it wouldn't quite do the job, would it?

QuoteOne must  also considered he deliberately set out to confront the Court Order to gain publicity for his and others stance on abortion

Fair comment, and why not, he wants to stand up for unborn children. Good on him.
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

These smilies seem to function in the same way as the proverbial "No FT - no comment"

Spending 8 hours imprisoned in the cop-shop is a punishment, and the cops know it. It's psychological intimidation, and one of their favourite tricks is the sensory deprivation and just not knowing what time it is, how long you are going to be in there for, what you have done to deserve it or anything. Each four hours a cop will deliver a morsel of food through a hatch, which you stare at for ages wondering what it would do to you if you tried to eat it. In fact the people who dream this stuff up are sadistic.

T00ts

Quote from: Churchill post_id=3990 time=1572898329 user_id=69
I disagree with you he was not arrested for praying but for where he was praying which was within the exclusion area of the Court Order obtained by Ealing Council.

I do not agree with the Police action they could have simply removed him from the exclusion zone and de arrested him , why the CPS preferred charges in the first place I do not know, IMO not in the public interest to do so, perhaps that is why they changed their minds and withdrew them before his trial

One must  also considered he deliberately set out to confront the Court Order to gain publicity for his and others stance on abortion

:tick:

Churchill

Quote from: Barry post_id=3505 time=1572641010 user_id=51
A Christian man, in a wheelchair, has been arrested and prosecuted for peacefully praying for unborn children and their parents outside an abortion clinic on a quiet London street.

After refusing to stop praying, he was carried by his arms and legs by four police officers, put in a riot van and then spent eight hours in a cell before being released on bail.

As a result, Christian Hacking (29) has become the first person in modern times to be arrested and prosecuted in the UK for praying.

The good news is that charges have now been dropped by the Crown Prosecution Service due to there being]

Christian, who needs a wheelchair after breaking his back in a climbing accident, was arrested by police on 8 August 2019 for allegedly failing to comply with a Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) outside of Marie Stopes abortion clinic on Mattock Lane, Ealing.

Supported by the Christian Legal Centre, Christian, the son of an hereditary peer, pleaded 'not guilty', and was set to go on trial on 5 November 2019 at Uxbridge Magistrates Court.

The PSPO, put in place by Ealing Council in April 2018, was the first buffer zone surrounding an abortion clinic to be introduced in the UK. The exclusion zone, upheld by the Court of Appeal in October 2019, prohibits a range of activities within 100m of the clinic and even outlaws prayer. It states] in any act of approval/disapproval or attempted act of approval/disapproval, with respect to issues related to abortion services, by any means. This includes but is not limited to graphic, verbal or written means, prayer or counselling.'

What a disgrace when an innocent paraplegic is arrested for praying in public in England, a Christian country.

I do not agree with the Police action they could have simply removed him from the exclusion zone and de arrested him , why the CPS preferred charges in the first place I do not know, IMO not in the public interest to do so, perhaps that is why they changed their minds and withdrew them before his trial

One must  also considered he deliberately set out to confront the Court Order to gain publicity for his and others stance on abortion

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=3505 time=1572641010 user_id=51
A Christian man, in a wheelchair, has been arrested and prosecuted for peacefully praying for unborn children and their parents outside an abortion clinic on a quiet London street.

We are now living in a totalitarian state. It's why I do not vote.

It is no longer by the will of the people. Take 100 random people from the UK and ask if it is right to arrest a man in a wheelchair praying in a public space and you will see how unrepresentative these fascists are. Many of these fascists are women you know. Women do this sort of thing as well. They comply with whatever they are told to do in a job and that is fascism, just as it was for those who worked at Auschwitz. "Just doing your job" does not wash with me.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3601 time=1572703312 user_id=89
Just done some research, the ship was built in 1961, (so she would no longer be able to operate in British waters anyway.) Basically after several attempts at trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear and not being able to pass safety certification and other issues it looks as if it is going to end its days as a permanently moored hotel ship.

(The ship had has several names since being built.)

:hattip  Good news!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=3596 time=1572700314 user_id=54
Perhaps it would be a service to tell us the name of that ship. With climate change rivers might be a bit more of a threat before long!  :roll:

Just done some research, the ship was built in 1961, (so she would no longer be able to operate in British waters anyway.) Basically after several attempts at trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear and not being able to pass safety certification and other issues it looks as if it is going to end its days as a permanently moored hotel ship.

(The ship had has several names since being built.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3594 time=1572699118 user_id=89
There was a very senior retired marine expert on board and he had been worried as soon as he got on board the ship. He did make an official complaint about it to the relevant government department,  and as far as I am aware the ship is now only used for river cruises.

We were returned home at no cost.

Perhaps it would be a service to tell us the name of that ship. With climate change rivers might be a bit more of a threat before long!  :roll:

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=3584 time=1572695758 user_id=54
Yes one way tickets tend to be on the cheap side!  :roll: It sounds as if you were lucky. Still a story like that you can dine out on for years. Did you ask for recompense? Sounds as if they owed you even though it was cheap tickets.

There was a very senior retired marine expert on board and he had been worried as soon as he got on board the ship. He did make an official complaint about it to the relevant government department,  and as far as I am aware the ship is now only used for river cruises.

We were returned home at no cost.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe